IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

well what do you think has changed? other than us being odds on favourites for relegation and the club being in more of a mess making false accusations etc

I don't know and that is the point. Bobble might be saying the club is a mess internally but what has changed? He isn't pointing the finger at the accusations, car chasers or relegation. 

Which leads me onto this...

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I heard that the Gordon sale will mean that we make a profit when the next set of accounts are filed with the PL.

If so, I don't think we had any intention of spending money yesterday. And if that is the case then they are playing a very dangerous game with the future of the club.

This is where I think we stood this window (see the full thread). 

Im not convinced we really intended to spend much money and if we were going to, it would be on modestly waged players, whereas other teams pressing the panic button have paid over the odds just as we have done in the past (but to a lesser extent).

32 minutes ago, London Blue said:

summarized

relegation scrap, chaos, dysfunctional, deep crisis, not fit for purpose, not delivered, catastrophic failure, scattergun enquires, broken Everton,  poor decision making and structure, how not to solve problems, only club in the Premier league unable to recruit, failed to inspire confidence, parlous plight, badly broken, hard to see how it can be repaired, failing side. 

but pretty much sums the club up. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I don't know and that is the point. Bobble might be saying the club is a mess internally but what has changed? He isn't pointing the finger at the accusations, car chasers or relegation. 

Which leads me onto this...

This is where I think we stood this window (see the full thread). 

Im not convinced we really intended to spend much money and if we were going to, it would be on modestly waged players, whereas other teams pressing the panic button have paid over the odds just as we have done in the past (but to a lesser extent).

Possibly but if we were gonna do that have they not learned? Moshiri said “we will sign a striker” - so it’s more lies. 

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Everton ushered in 2023 with more flesh on the bones of their much-touted strategic review, which they boasted included a "120-point action plan for our footballing operations strategy

In reality, the action plan involved pretty much the same points that resulted in the review being commissioned in the first place - namely sack a manager then draft in his replacement with little or no time to bring any new faces into an Everton team facing a relegation scrap. 

The time can be changed from January 2022 to January 2023, the names can be juggled from Rafael Benitez to Frank Lampard to Sean Dyche, but the song remains the same as Everton lurch through more chaos and dysfunction into deep crisis. 
And for all the 120 points contained in the action plan, which Everton chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale claimed would enhance the club's approach in all areas including recruitment, they were the only club in the Premier League unable to recruit a player in the January transfer window. 

If there was an action plan, it does not appear to have included strengthening a squad not fit for purpose. 

It was widely regarded as one the most crucial transfer windows in Everton's recent history, given they lie 19th in the Premier League with just 15 points and three wins this season.
But they did not deliver any fresh faces despite owner Farhad Moshiri's public promise that the need for a striker would be addressed. 

Moshiri also insisted Everton would end the window stronger than when it opened. He can hardly justify those words when the only serious transfer business was the £45m sale of England under-21 international Anthony Gordon to Newcastle United, with none of the money being reinvested in the team. 
And this is even before former manager Lampard was sacked 23 days into the window is added to this complicated Everton equation.  

In a footballing context alone, it represented a catastrophic failure on behalf of owner Moshiri, chairman Bill Kenwright, Barrett-Baxendale and director of football Kevin Thelwell, that Everton were reduced to scattergun inquiries and failed offers in various guises in the closing hours of the window while those struggling alongside them such as Bournemouth and Southampton were paying big money to strengthen. 
Once it became clear Everton were struggling to sign even one player on Tuesday evening, a group of fans headed down to their Finch Farm training headquarters with banners demanding the board's removal - and more protests are planned for new manager Dyche's first game at home to Arsenal. 

None of this is aimed at Dyche. Indeed there is a measure of sympathy for the task he has taken on and hope that he can work what, on current evidence, appears to be the miraculous feat of keeping Everton up. 
Quite how Everton manoeuvred themselves into a position where they did not add a single new recruit to their squad is hard to fathom. But that is entirely in keeping with the poor decision-making and structure which has seen them spend more than £500m since Moshiri arrived in February 2016 to make matters considerably worse. 

Kenwright once told Everton's fans that the club's board was "revered" and a model for others when it came to problem solving. The jibe now is that Everton represent the ideal model of how not to solve problems, but instead how to create them. 
Even Everton's managerial search failed to inspire confidence they had a clear vision.  

To be reduced to two main candidates as different in every respect as the maverick former Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa, favoured by Moshiri and who flew in from Brazil to tell his potential new bosses he was happy to take charge of the club's younger sides before assuming control in the summer, and Dyche, did not smack of structure or aligned thinking about what was required. 
And once again it is Moshiri, Kenwright and Barrett-Baxendale in the firing line. They, along with other board members - former striker Graeme Sharp and finance chief Grant Ingles - stayed away from Everton's last home game against Southampton on security advice. There was a peaceful protest at the end of the game, which Everton lost 2-1 to the bottom club to hasten Lampard's demise. 

It remains to be seen whether they will attend against Arsenal on Saturday, but it would be a brutal reflection of Everton's parlous plight if it came to pass that the new manager looked behind him in his first game in charge only to see empty seats where the club's hierarchy should be
Thelwell has been in attendance but even he is now under fierce scrutiny after the failure to do any deals, and also the lengthy list of names that Everton were reportedly interested in but could not secure. 

The relationship between Everton supporters and the board has been badly broken in recent weeks, and the mood has deteriorated to such an extent following the closure of the transfer window that it is hard to see how it can be repaired. 
Amid this stands Dyche, all Everton's hopes resting on experience gained in a decade at Burnley, his engaging, inspiring personality and strength of character counted on to inspire a failing side. He, at least, has been warmly welcomed. 

Dyche has Everton's immediate future riding on him but he will have to go with what he has inherited after the club's board and director of football ended up doing football's equivalent of "Dry January." 

An excellent post. The last two paragraphs really resonate. I have warmed to Dyche's appointment. I don't know why I feel this - call it a fool's hope - but I think he can save us. I think the players will fight for him and fight for the club. I trust the fans to support him while making it clear what they think of the board. We are not yet down and never will be if we can remember who we are and fight, by God. 

Not there again today. Pity really, BT sport had questions for them.  Bad look.

biggest protest I’ve seen, amazing it hadn’t been done years ago. Position in table and no signings shouldn’t be the driver…. The historical incompetence should be. Hopefully the wider media understand this now. 

I think (and hope) we have passed the tipping point. In seasons past, we make a managerial change, results pick up a bit, and the board are let off once again. 

I think the inaction in the January window was the final nail in the coffin, and I hope the protests continue till the end of the season, regardless of how we're playing.

4 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Sadly it was only a handful of people. My only worry about today is that it'll bring a feel good factor back that makes everyone forget about the boards behaviour and the protests will die down. 

I mentioned this in the match day thread, but I think we've finally passed the tipping point there. In seasons past, this is exactly what happens.

However, between the awful year of results we've had and then the disaster of a January window, I feel we're in a different stage when it comes to protesting the board. I have a strong sense that these will continue throughout the season

24 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Sadly it was only a handful of people. My only worry about today is that it'll bring a feel good factor back that makes everyone forget about the boards behaviour and the protests will die down. 

This is the problem, the owner will be banking on dyche getting us out of trouble as a means of him not having to change the board. 

the reality is he probably knows that if he sacks the board they will come clean about him.   Fact is, if that was the case they needed to resign and cite the reasons, but they won’t. 

35 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'd say it was obvious, but in summary the protests will stop and we're back in this position in 12 months time.

How would you feel if we finish this season ahead of the Reds, for example? Would that change your opinion? It's one thing to focus on the Board's failings when the team is failing, but what if the team succeeds? At what point would the Board get credit?

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

How would you feel if we finish this season ahead of the Reds, for example? Would that change your opinion? It's one thing to focus on the Board's failings when the team is failing, but what if the team succeeds? At what point would the Board get credit?

Then it will be in spite of the board.  They are an appallingly bad group of leaders who have lost the confidence of the fans. 

one way or another their position is untenable. They are either made redundant in their influence by moshiris “do it on my own”  ways - in which case they should have walked. Or they are with him which is worse and they should be sacked.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Regardless of where we finish I will always feel it could be higher if the club was run properly. We’re fighting relegation with a hand tied behind our back & our board has tied the knot - it’s the fans, Dyche & now seemingly the players that are refusing to go down willingly while the board are no where to be seen.

4 hours ago, StevO said:

On TalkSPORT before the game today the board got ripped into, I think it was Sam Matterface. Refreshing change from Brazil and Whyte defending them. 

I was listening to this and I feel the whole of the media has finally woken up in the last few weeks to how badly we’ve been run. I’m hoping their time is up soon. Surely their positions are untenable now? 

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

The performance on the pitch is beyond being connected to the performance of the board of directors, at least for the foreseeable future. 

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Shot themselves in the foot mate, the whole place in harmony. Manager, players & fan all putting in to achieve the same result - only thing missing was the board and it’s a bad look on their behalf.

No one can question the fans after that, we are 100% behind this team.

The only group in this shit show not to be there when it comes together. A symbolic day to show they are not needed.