IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

I've watched a lot of football today, and the amount of people in the media saying we are unhappy with Martinez because Leicester might win the league is crazy! I'm made up for Leicester, watching them now hoping they win, but I want rid of Roberto because he's full of shit, he can't sort out a defence, now his saving grace of attack is failing too, and then calling out Leighton Baines was the final straw for me. He could have done the same to Rom a week earlier and I'd have been fine with that, but to leave him alone and pull Baines up, who is the closest to a fan on the pitch as we have, is just taking the piss. He doesn't take responsibility, he neglects vital parts of his job and he just isn't good enough.

I'll take all of the above, a side order of mashed potatoes, and a Caol Ila neat.

Do we have a link up to Roberto telling baines to apologise.

I took it as Baines saw the reports and apologised to his teammates because he thought it was taken out of context.

But it seems Roberto has made him apologise. I don't know why he would feel he had to.

I could understand Baines taking it upon himself to go and apologise because he wouldn't want his teammates feeling it was criticism against them....and it wasn't.

But again, great respect to Baines for reacting this way.

Unless of course he was made to....in that case Baines isn't the character I thought he was.

I'm personally made up for them and their supporters going from relegation fodder to this is unreal

Very unlikely but even of they got pipped at the last hurdle to finish around where they are is a huge shake up to the glamour boys of this league and I'm all for it happening just wish it was us -_-

The 'Martinez talks a good game' line is bullshit - saying what you want people to believe in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary is idiocy.

1-1 'a strong result' at Watford?? Sure, if you are a club that accepts not being relegated as a 'good' season. Far from being his strength, his chat is what has alienated fans and now apparently the players too.

Just be honest, Roberto - just come out and say we're playing toss and you'll bleed through your eyes to put it right! You'd have half a chance at this football club then.

I dunno - our performances have been shite. He praises this team, but there is nothing there lately. Good performances - watch Leicester and Tottenham - those teams give good performances. 70% possession doesn't constitute a good performance. This guy has a lot to learn.

Edited by chalkpie

I dunno - our performances have been shite. He praises this team, but there is nothing there lately. Good performances - watch Leicester and Tottenham - those teams give good performances. 70% possession doesn't constitute a good performance. This guy has a lot to learn.

He's had long enough to do so. In the 7 years he's been in the league, I could have learnt how to become an architect and actually used that knowledge for positive outcomes. He's regressing. Which is fightening.

The ONLY thing that could save him is Guardiola. That sounds ludicrous right? But hear me out. What if Pep's style (not too dissimilar to Martinez's (just more effort & tactical nous)) becomes the staple for the league once Man City get back to winning ways. Once managers adapt their styles to beat him (& City), Martinez's style may ironically, be the best way. His problem, he's lost the faith of the fans and his players, no one beleives the bull shit. And no one likes a Billy...

he's just playing the politician - and its getting very very tiring. We know what we see, he knows we are not stupid and now he knows the fans have well and truly turned he is trying a charm offensive. Very manipulating but its all too late Roberto.

He is very apt at understanding what the fans are saying and up till recently he arrogantly defied us in a way of saying "I manage this club not you" - look at the Tim Howard situation, the substitutes he has been playing around with etc - he was thought he was untouchable, he knows he isn't.

Duncan Ferguson understands the fans better than anyone and I'm sure he will know quite well that Martinez will be gone as soon as the fans really crank it up a gear. Martinez has underestimated the fans and insulted our intelligence. He now sounds a little pathetic to say the least.

Don't think any of the staff can go against Martinez. The fitness team has been the biggest loss, we look gassed after 30 mins.

That's very true and for the life of me I don't know why because it's not as if they are using up all their energy closing the opposition down. We play the polar opposite to a high pressing game

Don't think any of the staff can go against Martinez. The fitness team has been the biggest loss, we look gassed after 30 mins.

Billows and Tashjian left - Billows off to Newcastle. Donachie resigned before Christmas - something has gone wrong.

Maybe Martinez "the physio" has had too much to say... as I say some biographies are going to make very interesting reading. My guess is Distin will be the one - surely he has a book to write after so long in the premier league?

Billows and Tashjian left - Billows off to Newcastle. Donachie resigned before Christmas - something has gone wrong.

Maybe Martinez "the physio" has had too much to say... as I say some biographies are going to make very interesting reading. My guess is Distin will be the one - surely he has a book to write after so long in the premier league?

Sure Mirallas will lift the lid

Seen a tweet yesterday laughing at the thought of us being relegated next season. I think if Martinez stays then that's a very real possibility next season. Our form over the last 2 seasons is extremely worrying, we are just lucky other teams have been much worse.

I'm hoping the banner at Watford will give both Martinez and Kenwright a warning. Though the fact that there are rumours going around about potential Bob replacements makes me wonder how secure his job is. Moyes is favourite, apparently.

I agree with someone else who said that was just bookies being lazy, not really giving it any thought because at the moment there's no job availability. If Martinez were to be sacked I don't think he'd be favourite any more.

I'm hoping the banner at Watford will give both Martinez and Kenwright a warning. Though the fact that there are rumours going around about potential Bob replacements makes me wonder how secure his job is. Moyes is favourite, apparently.

banners appeared a season or so before Moyes left, though that may have been aimed at BK rather than the manager. Anyway, Moyes won't come back after the backlash (arguably deserved) he received during the United games

Martinez is at the U21 match in Southport tonight. There's a photo on twitter of a fan that's gone up to him and abused him. I want him gone but that's going way too far. He's still a human being and there's a way to go about it rather than abusing him right in his face. Idiot.

Idiot is being kind.