IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

The truth is, we don't know either way.

From what I've seen Im very confident we've bought a player for well over the street value. I agree he's not been given much of a go, but the time he has had has left no impression that he's anywhere near a 14m player. With quality players you'd see a glimmer or something to get excited about. But for me nothing of the sort. I hope I'm wrong but very much believe I'm right.

The more I see of him the more I'm starting to regret that statement quoted a few posts above. I was hoping it was just time to ajust, if you look at the cideos in Austria he looks miles out of his depth, he's even at the back in the pictures of them running.

He's one of the few players I've ever seen on YouTube that actually looks bad.

Granted he looks shite here and you can never truly judge a player from YouTube and the Russian league but he looked decent from what I saw to say he looked bad is daft... goals pace decent runs etc

Of course he's not as bad as made out. The guy's hardly been given a chance, yet he's being ridiculed. Beats me, I have to say. If a new player, for whatever reason, isn't able to play and score a hattrick on day one, it seems they're forever crap.

Whilst I'm not expecting him to score a hatrick on his debut I don't think is too much to ask for him to at least remotely resemble a footballer

I think the reason Niasse didn't get much game time is that Martinez realised pretty quickly that we had bought a dud. He was trying to keep it under wraps for as long as possible to find a way out of the problem. The wrist injury was a useful ploy and even if it was genuine he could have played with it strapped up like Vardy did. We need to cut our losses and ship him out pronto.