Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

Oh dear oh dear, as much as I feel for the girl and her family I am disgusted that the stay in brigade, on top of all their scaremongering are now using this unfortunate incident as emotional blackmail.

It was just an "unfortunate incident"?

Wow.

As I said, not trying to guilt-trip anyone.

This is not the official "remain" campaign trying to capitalize on the incident, just a group of people expressing heartfelt views.

Why is it wrong to honour your murdered friend?

Just to clarify, I wasn't aiming any comment at you, Mike, just the person who sent that email.

If they had sent it in a week's time, it would still be distasteful; however, sending it while the dead lady's blood was still warm is just awful. For some, a tragedy is just too good an opportunity of which not to take political advantage. Shame on them.

Edited by Cornish Steve

What exactly is wrong with that? Mentioning that she did this is hardly that big an issue. If it had been a brexiter how much drumming would there have been? Front pages would be full of it.

Somehow I get the impression that brexiters are shitting themselves because they realise how bad this is for them. So this is just an attempt to shift blame.

"Jo was passionately campaigning for Britain to stay in Europe".

Oh dear oh dear, as much as I feel for the girl and her family I am disgusted that the stay in brigade, on top of all their scaremongering are now using this unfortunate incident as emotional blackmail.

I have no time for anyone who can sink so low as to use somebody's death to try and get more votes. Shameful.

I completely and utterly agree. It's disgusting that, literally hours after her death, some would use this incident to brand all 'out' voters as hateful and all 'in' voters as loving. We don't know the full story, but there's just no way this madman is representative of everyone choosing for vote for Brexit. Some people have no conscience.

And here's the two of you.. while her blood is still warm.., going online to state that someone who yells Britain first and then kills someone who campaigns to remain in the EU, has nothing to do with the Leave camp out of fear that it might sway some doubters to vote remain.

-

I guess this shows the Leave camp did the best scaremongering, being able to frighten someone so much that he goes out and kills a person with an opposite point of view to his. Although, it was always going to be someone from the Leave camp.. Their main demographic are the uneducated .. and what would someone from the Remain camp shout before stabbing Farage in the face? "Unity!'?

--

To clarify: not all who want to Leave are uneducated, old, neo-nazi's, fascists, xenophobes, .. but if you are, you're probably in the Leave camp.

Edited by holystove

Mike, a lady was murdered I'd call that an unfortunate incident.

Holy, if I was in the remain camp I would still be disgusted by that article, it's virtually a circular sent out to everybody looking for votes. Just hours after saying the campaign is suspended in respect for the woman and her family, They produce this propaganda leaflet.

Anybody involved in producing that piece of shit should be hung drawn and quartered.

Edited by Bill

As I said, not trying to guilt-trip anyone.

This is not the official "remain" campaign trying to capitalize on the incident, just a group of people expressing heartfelt views.

Why is it wrong to honour your murdered friend?

It's not coming across as honouring though. It's coming across as opportunistic, trying to capitalize on peoples shock.

Plus, cold hearted as it may sound, this issue is much bigger than a person. Trying to sway people to vote in your direction based on a disgusting act of violence is just low. There's still a bit of time before the vote, you at least wait a few days and let the lady be buried before using her as a martyr for the cause.

And here's the two of you.. while her blood is still warm.., going online to state that someone who yells Britain first and then kills someone who campaigns to remain in the EU, has nothing to do with the Leave camp out of fear that it might sway some doubters to vote remain.

-

I guess this shows the Leave camp did the best scaremongering, being able to frighten someone so much that he goes out and kills a person with an opposite point of view to his. Although, it was always going to be someone from the Leave camp.. Their main demographic are the uneducated .. and what would someone from the Remain camp shout before stabbing Farage in the face? "Unity!'?

--

To clarify: not all who want to Leave are uneducated, old, neo-nazi's, fascists, xenophobes, .. but if you are, you're probably in the Leave camp.

It hasnt even been confirmed if this person had any political sway at all never mind what he shouted.

Rip Jo.

Out of respect its best leaving this one alone for a bit.

Edited by Hafnia

https://www.facebook.com/notes/chris-emerson/why-ive-voted-to-remain-in-the-eu/10153790193179220

guy who wrote this sticks to the facts and doesn't try to make any predictions. Based on what he wrote you can still choose to Leave, but at least it'll be a better informed decision.

It's reasonably long, but I would suggest reading through it all as it is very comprehensibly written.

I completely and utterly agree. It's disgusting that, literally hours after her death, some would use this incident to brand all 'out' voters as hateful and all 'in' voters as loving. We don't know the full story, but there's just no way this madman is representative of everyone choosing for vote for Brexit. Some people have no conscience.

I do agree too, should be kept between the few.

Not sure if this was public or kept to a select few...Hopefully a select few .

This has really brought out the worst in our country.

Britain's first have already aired a statement pointing out that they wouldn't in anyway support this kind if action.

Rather than thinking about the poor lady's family and friends.

I just cannot wait until the day this is finally all behind us. Cameron needs to resign for allowing this. I can't go to my local for a quiet drink without people arguing about it.

TT is the most informative and balanced argument I have witnessed during this whole sorry episode.

TT for government. I'm voting.

I do agree too, should be kept between the few.

Not sure if this was public or kept to a select few...Hopefully a select few .

It was sent to members of Avaaz, which amounts to about 44,000,000 worldwide, one of which is me.

They campaign on many issues.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/about.php

So it was actually aimed at relatively few so maybe I shouldn't have posted it; apologies to anyone who feels that way or was offended by it.

It was sent to members of Avaaz, which amounts to about 44,000,000 worldwide, one of which is me.

They campaign on many issues.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/about.php

So it was actually aimed at relatively few so maybe I shouldn't have posted it; apologies to anyone who feels that way or was offended by it.

Its not you that needs to be apologizing mate

Just saw a map on tv which showed that the areas of the UK that receive the most funds from the EU and have the fewest amount of immigrants, have the highest percentage of people in favor of Brexit.

Same with Trump voters, most of them would in reality be better of voting for Bernie Sanders.

People are (unknowingly) voting against their best intrests because someone convinced them of abstract concepts like sovereignty and patriotism/nationalism. America first/Britain first instead of putting yourself first..

Shows the importance of educating the public which this last week before the vote should be about.

Just saw a map on tv which showed that the areas of the UK that receive the most funds from the EU and have the fewest amount of immigrants, have the highest percentage of people in favor of Brexit.

Same with Trump voters, most of them would in reality be better of voting for Bernie Sanders.

People are (unknowingly) voting against their best intrests because someone convinced them of abstract concepts like sovereignty and patriotism/nationalism. America first/Britain first instead of putting yourself first..

Shows the importance of educating the public which this last week before the vote should be about.

For me that's why rags should be banned and the people running them hanged.

Don't underestimate the British voter. I shall never forget an incident on Question Time many years ago with the wonderful Robin Day.

Member of the audience: "We shouldn't do this. The electorate are misinformed and need education."

Sir Robin: "Can you see through the misinformation?"

Member: "Yes, I can."

Sir Robin: "Do you understand all the issues?"

Member: "Yes, I do."

Sir Robin: "So are you saying you're smarter than everyone else?"

Embarrassed silence and a few laughs from the audience.

Oh Mike, I'm sorry if the context of my post didnt meet your standard, if in future you deem that my posts are in any way literally incorrect I give you my full permission to edit them.

Didn't know you had added proof reading to your many talents.

Someone got out of bed on the wrong side.

Not at all, just noticed lately that you seem to pick up on quite a few members posts. You usually claim "Devil's Advocate" but in a way your actually inferring that they have made a mistake or haven't worded the post to your satisfaction, and your reply is the correct one.

I just find it so ridiculous that you appear to be doing it a lot more than you used to. Maybe your starting to believe you are better than everyone else.

Not at all, just noticed lately that you seem to pick up on quite a few members posts. You usually claim "Devil's Advocate" but in a way your actually inferring that they have made a mistake or haven't worded the post to your satisfaction, and your reply is the correct one.

I just find it so ridiculous that you appear to be doing it a lot more than you used to. Maybe your starting to believe you are better than everyone else.

I've always believed known that.

I thought everyone did :huh:.

The "Britain First" shout has been debunked a couple of times. Multiple witnesses have come out stating that he did not shout it.

The witness who claims he hears it is, apparently, a member of the BNP.

What I find disgusting is that people are spinning misinformation and trying to make political capital out of this tragic event.

Spin it around.

So people who didn't hear it are saying it couldn't have happened?

I didn't hear it either

Sorry but what are the arguments? Preferably ones that have nothing to do with sentiment? Of course it's a valid reason as any, but not really an argument.

giphy.gif

-

Boris Johnson wants you to vote Leave so we won't see Jean-Claude Juncker sipping Champagne on Thursday ... :crying smiley:

That Avaaz tribute didn't read any more than "continue her work" a typical obituary for people who are passionate, fighting for other people rights and in public life, particularly those who have died before their time at the hands of an ideological nutcase

A far cry from this:

xjrJICx.png

Edited by Chach

Just to balance that, have a look on Youtube for 'Jeremy Paxman in Brussels - who really rules us.'

He also finds that the EU spends 2 million euro's EVERY month moving the beaurocrats and their paperwork from Brussels to Strasbourg - for 4 days, (and back). He also claims that since the inception of the EU the costs of this move exceed 2 billion euro's and it achieves nothing.