IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We don’t do carpets in this house mate underfloor heating is better with hard surfaces.Β 
He was man of the match against Spurs fuck me mate through gritted teeth you even gave it him, 2 mistakes later that cost us goals but nothing else and possibly spurred the team on.

I can’t say for sure but I think he will be playing in the derby in a couple of weeks, and if he is he 100% has my support whilst he’s wearing the shirt.Β 

Bloody Nora Palf giving a play man of match doesn't invalidate his failings... I gave Denis Straq man of the match - it didn't mean we needed to pitch him as our number 9.

Pickford can pull off great saves and sometimes he does them in games where he doesn't cost us goals so it puts him in with a shout of MOTM.Β  I'm not pig headed enough to let my own feelings about a player detract from a good performance. ... Because the good performance doesn't eradicate the bad ones and vice versa ..... It's how you view the player overall.Β 

Tom Davies played well yesterday, does that mean we shouldn't have signed Allan?Β  Of course it doesn't.Β 

The whole world isn't picking on Pickford cos we feel like it .... He's costing us goals. .. a bit like you used to tell us with GanaΒ 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You can’t just cherry pick the stats that suit your agenda mate, whether it doesn’t fly with you or not that’s a fact on the article you were responding your post to, Jesus Haf cake 🍰 and eat it mate you greedy fucker πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

I'm not cherry picking. .. I'm using the stat you chose to spin and applied a different spin on it.Β  Using an already comparitively binary stat that averages under 5 per season and diving it by 3 doesn't wash with me mate.Β Β 

It's a nice try though.Β  Palf Hancock ,,,πŸ˜™πŸ˜…

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I'm not cherry picking. .. I'm using the stat you chose to spin and applied a different spin on it.Β  Using an already comparitively binary stat that averages under 5 per season and diving it by 3 doesn't wash with me mate.Β Β 

It's a nice try though.Β  Palf Hancock ,,,πŸ˜™πŸ˜…

πŸ˜‚

30 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Sure he was angry with himself yesterday and showed it, pulling faces and kicking out. I worry that Β inner rage festers and instead of getting his brain into gearΒ and getting on with the game he's thinking of the criticism he'll get.Β 

We are seeing a young man who a few years ago was touted as the next big thingΒ unravel in front of us,Β I would like to think his anger is aimed at himself not because he’s worried at what his critics are going to write or say about him, at that moment in time that would have been one of the furthest things from his mind, he is completely frustrated with himself and the hash up he’s made, for me it shows he recognises his mistake and cares.Β 

I don't think we will be getting another number one keeper this season - or maybe at all. He is error prone and there will be games when we don't score or only score one goal so I'd like to have the confidence I had in Big Nev or Martyn not to commitΒ a howler. Made up with how things are going and Leicester have lost, don't want to silly points chucked away that's all.

Ancellotti said he wasn't looking for a new keeper but clearly was.Β  Doesn't make him a liar it just makes him smart.Β 

Romeros wife took to insta to slate man United for not letting him leave.Β  We were clearly in for him.Β  If we went for him 4 weeks ago we may have got him. United don't want to strengthen us.

We will get him signed on a pre contract in Jan I think.Β 

10 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

It’s going to be an interesting Int break for Jordan, will he stay as England’s No1, will he be replaced by Olsen? If ever he was going to get his head and concentration sorted now the time for him to do it. We could be seeing a master stroke by Carlo.

I hopingΒ thatΒ he’s dropped from the England #1 Jersey as a wake up callΒ 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I hopingΒ thatΒ he’s dropped from the England #1 Jersey as a wake up callΒ 

Harsh dude... Let's not forget he's still our goalie / player. I seriously hope we do not not start getting too far ahead of ourselves here of the back of a few wins etc. I remember watching / reading Man Shiteh supporters turning from perennial no hopers to Arab owned - we can buy the world wankers back in the day, I really hope I never see that shift in mindset from our supporters.Β YES Pickford looks crap at times and has / is costing us points sometimes and yes Professor Ancelotti has got someone else in toΒ hopefully put a rocket up his arse BUT Β lets remember who we are (the peoples club) and were we are (mental health aware). I know you're not slagging him off specifically here Matt but I've seen some pretty nasty comments about JP over the last few days from some blue keyboard warriors, and I just want to say lets remember we're only ever talking about football & footballersΒ here right, nothing actually that serious (pandemic anyone).

If I can give you context for what I'm talking about let's just take a moment to remember the 1 and only, Gary SpeedΒ may he rest in peace! Just Saying...

I think his reason for wanting him dropped from England no.1 is to as he said "give him a wake up call".

He's made his mistakes, he's seen a new keeper come in, if he was dropped to the bench by England it would just backup that he really needs to pull his finger out his arse and cut out those mistakes.

Hopefully the addition of a new experienced international goal keeper will spur him on and perhaps help him out in training too.

58 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Ancellotti said he wasn't looking for a new keeper but clearly was.Β  Doesn't make him a liar it just makes him smart.Β 

Romeros wife took to insta to slate man United for not letting him leave.Β  We were clearly in for him.Β  If we went for him 4 weeks ago we may have got him. United don't want to strengthen us.

We will get him signed on a pre contract in Jan I think.Β 

I really don't get why you think this, it just doesn't make sense. We were only ever looking to bring a keeper in as a stop gap until the summer, or we'd have been trying to buy one and not loan them.

We'll sign a long-term (younger) keeper in the summer. That's the logical thing to expect.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I really don't get why you think this, it just doesn't make sense. We were only ever looking to bring a keeper in as a stop gap until the summer, or we'd have been trying to buy one and not loan them.

We'll sign a long-term (younger) keeper in the summer. That's the logical thing to expect.

I think it's 2 fold.Β Β 

I think even as a number 2 he will come. That means if we sign a mega money keeper we will get him on a free.Β  Pickford won't take it being a bench player.Β  I think Ancellotti is done with JordanΒ Β 

Romero doesn't need to move house and at United he's number 3.Β 

We will move lossl and Pickford on I think.Β 

42 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think it's 2 fold.Β Β 

I think even as a number 2 he will come. That means if we sign a mega money keeper we will get him on a free.Β  Pickford won't take it being a bench player.Β  I think Ancellotti is done with JordanΒ Β 

Romero doesn't need to move house and at United he's number 3.Β 

We will move lossl and Pickford on I think.Β 

I think a pre-contract with Donna will be made in January, Pickford will then be sold in the summer. All depends on the next couple of months mind

I was calling for a new keeper at the beginning of the transfer window - as simply don't think Pickford is good enough to be a top 6 goal keeper.Β  I got behind him at the start of the season as our no.1, but sorry I am a bag of nerves when the other team get a corner or free kick or he is being passed the ball and the opposition are pressing. That's not right.Β Β Luckily Brighton inexplicitly choose not to cross their corners in to the box last week - other teams are not going to let Pickford off that easy.Β 

I would love nothing more for Pickford to come good I have been willing him to have a great season, he is Everton's keeper.Β But he hasΒ not helped himself with his performances either last season and now the beginning of this. Ancelloti will try and back his players as best he can in public. However, even on the back of great results, if afterΒ every otherΒ game or in pre match conferences he is being asked by journalist et alΒ about Pickfords errors and form, you don't need to be one of the worlds best managers to realise thisΒ needs addressing.Β 

Ancelotti has given him 6Β games already this season to show last year was a blip - Pickford hasn't rose to theΒ challenge to him. There is a reason why he has been playing the cup games - Ancelloti has given him a fair crack at the whip. Saturday's blunders will have been the final straw.

Β 

Our midfield wasn't performing last season, three new players have been brought in - it nowΒ a lot better. If the goalkeeper isn't performing, to at least the minimum level you expect of him, to meet the aspirations of the club, then another player has to be brought in. We had to do it when Richard Wright was in goal - a new keeper made a massive difference - top 4!!

As a Welshman not bothered by what he does in anΒ England shirt - but playing for England might be a welcome distraction for the lad. Done nothing wrong for Southgate - so hope Southgate sticks with him. I don't think England dropping him would help him in and Everton shirt.Β 

I agree with @Drs1972 about some of the venomous language continually used against any poorly performing players and their perceived ability, is a little bit out of order and in the end doesn'tΒ particularly helpΒ nobody. Especially those that use social media to openly 'abuse' players on - not very nice at all, and amounts to nothing more than cowardlyΒ bullying.Β 

However, as professional players on very good wages they allΒ  have to be open to constructive criticism if there performance are consistentlyΒ below the level that is expected of them and they must be prepared for others in the team to replace then in the starting 11, or replacement player to be brought if needed.Β 

We want to be a top 6 team this season, so consistent top 6 or better type performances are required by all players on a consistent basis, top 12 performances are no longer acceptable.Β Β You hear these worksΒ time and time again from Ancelloti in his interviews, focus, level of performance, consistency, motivation.Β 

Other players are beginning to rise to this challenge, but unfortunately Pickford has not yet been able to - Period.Β Β 

I think give him a clean slate and another half dozen games to get some form back, butΒ I think ifΒ any points are dropped due to keeper blunders in these games -Β he goes to the bench. I am sure Ancelloti will be firm yet fair.Β Β It's up to Pickford then.

Β 

Β 

It’s a friendly nothing to read into that really, friendlies are a great opportunity to tryout fringe or up and coming players who otherwise wouldn’t get a chance.Β 
If it was a full international I’m 99% sure he would be starting,Β reading through the comments of Southgate wouldn’t suggest that that would be the case.

Apologies if I’ve pissed on anyone’s fire and slightly dispelled their belief that he has been dropped because he’s shit keeper.Β 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

It’s a friendly nothing to read into that really, friendlies are a great opportunity to tryout fringe or up and coming players who otherwise wouldn’t get a chance.Β 
If it was a full international I’m 99% sure he would be starting,Β reading through the comments of Southgate wouldn’t suggest that that would be the case.

Apologies if I’ve pissed on anyone’s fire and slightly dispelled their belief that he has been dropped because he’s shit keeper.Β 

Let’s not paper over cracks here. He’s got some serious short comings that are becoming more prevalent. He’s not improving and mistakes are becoming more consistent. Similar to Tim Howard at the end - difference being we had 10 or so solid years from Howard and he was what 35/36?

He needs to swallow his ego and get his head down, otherwise he will be moved on.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

They don't rotate keepers Palf. For reasons that have been stated before.Β 

It's come to the stage where it's someone else's shirt to grab now.Β  They didnt rotate Hart and co.Β  When you are in you are in.Β 

Best he can hope for is mistakes from the others.Β 

No-one wants him to fail, we are just getting sick of seeing him make mistakes.Β 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

We’ll find out soon enough, full international at the weekend isn’t there?

I think he’ll start.Β