IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

10 hours ago, pete0 said:

I thought this was satire. Very hard for a keeper to blamed for a penalty going in.

No, it wasn't satire: I was perfectly serious. Penalties are difficult to save, I get that, but moving well before the ball is kicked gives time for the penalty taker to direct his shot in the other direction. Moreover, if he guesses right, the ref may penalize him for moving and order a retake. Yes, I view it as a schoolboy error.

And I'm not meaning to crucify him, just point out areas where he can and should improve. Remind me: what is the Everton motto again?

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

No, it wasn't satire: I was perfectly serious. Penalties are difficult to save, I get that, but moving well before the ball is kicked gives time for the penalty taker to direct his shot in the other direction. Moreover, if he guesses right, the ref may penalize him for moving and order a retake. Yes, I view it as a schoolboy error.

And I'm not meaning to crucify him, just point out areas where he can and should improve. Remind me: what is the Everton motto again?

Your aloud to move before a pen left or right before it’s touched, now that’s a school boy error shouldn’t you know the laws before you make a judgment. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Your aloud to move before a pen left or right before it’s touched, now that’s a school boy error shouldn’t you know the laws before you make a judgment. 

You’re allowed, yes, doesn’t mean you have to. He moved too early and made the decision for Pepe much easier, which is Steve’s point I believe. 

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

But if he moves just that fraction early that’s the difference between getting to the bottom corner before the ball does if he goes the same direction as the kick taker. He might gain a small advantage, but if the kick taker goes the other way it doesn’t matter regardless as Jordan has picked his side. I really don’t see the issue. Jordan saves plenty of penalties, whatever he does seems to work so I’ve no issue with that. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

How can he say, "I genuinely don't think Pickford has done anything apart from try to spread himself.." and then say it's a red card?:huh: When did a 'keeper spreading himself become a sending off offence?

Numpty.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

How can he say, "I genuinely don't think Pickford has done anything apart from try to spread himself.." and then say it's a red card?:huh: When did a 'keeper spreading himself become a sending off offence?

Numpty.

Got to bow down to those weird reds or he'll get abuse every time he refs one of their games.

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Numpty.

Beat me to the punch. Just read the article and copy and pasted the exact same bit to post on here.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watching Olsen gives you a sense of more calm, his command and no nonsense approach.

Pickford just has something in him that makes him do spontaneous things that causes him to make big mistakes. We would probably get £20m on him maybe due to his previous rep etc. He won't be number one next season or even befire that. 

9 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Just watching Olsen gives you a sense of more calm, his command and no nonsense approach.

Pickford just has something in him that makes him do spontaneous things that causes him to make big mistakes. We would probably get £20m on him maybe due to his previous rep etc. He won't be number one next season or even befire that. 

Neither one should be our number 1, and Olsen isn't signing for us permanently to be a number 2. 

I'm so disappointed in Pickford tonight. He played really well apart from those couple of minutes and it's cost us, badly. He didn't need to push it out for the original corner in the first place and then compounded that error by having a weak wrist.

For fucks sake, wank more.

My worry is that it is literally at least one mistake every single game. Sometimes it costs is a goal, sometimes we get away with it.

But the law of averages say goals will be scored.

Its disappointing as he does seem to be recognising this himself and working hard in training. Maybe it’s a mentality thing?

Sometimes it can be as simple as stop trying so hard.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Neither one should be our number 1, and Olsen isn't signing for us permanently to be a number 2. 

I'm so disappointed in Pickford tonight. He played really well apart from those couple of minutes and it's cost us, badly. He didn't need to push it out for the original corner in the first place and then compounded that error by having a weak wrist.

For fucks sake, wank more.

Absolutely this. I certainly don’t don’t feel more calm with Olsen between the sticks either, he’s also had shaky moments. Maybe understandable considering fragmented game time but still shaky regardless. 

Did Donnarumma sign a new contract? 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

My worry is that it is literally at least one mistake every single game. Sometimes it costs is a goal, sometimes we get away with it.

But the law of averages say goals will be scored.

Its disappointing as he does seem to be recognising this himself and working hard in training. Maybe it’s a mentality thing?

Sometimes it can be as simple as stop trying so hard.

He's said he's been seeing a sports psychologist.