IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

9 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Do you make contrary posts for the sake of it?  It was a ridiculous decision. He had his hands shaped to paw at the ball.  If he was going to tip it over the action would have been to bat it over. Complete and utter bollocks. 

He spent the whole of that match engaging in shit with Liverpool fans making rash decisions -miss kicking it cos he was trying to hit it as hard as he could. Awful display. 

The only thing contrary is your agenda based ranting. You are the one arguing with what Pickford has stated and from what anyone else can see from watching the replays. But go on shout louder like you always do when those strange things called facts conflict with your warped reality. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The only thing contrary is your agenda based ranting. You are the one arguing with what Pickford has stated and from what anyone else can see from watching the replays. But go on shout louder like you always do when those strange things called facts conflict with your warped reality. 

Hahaha... I'm just amazed you haven't pinned his mistakes on gana.  Agenda indeed ... 

2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

That tag surely goes to Nigel Martyn - brilliant keeper. If only we’d signed him earlier (like we nearly did).

Just seen he’s been mentioned - only scanned through the thread and scan quicker past posts when I see Haf/peteO in the same thread so missed this.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Just seen he’s been mentioned - only scanned through the thread and scan quicker past posts when I see Haf/peteO in the same thread so missed this.

Oooh that may get you a like.... don't worry I often make posts that even super dooper posters like yourself do from time to time. 

6 hours ago, hafnia said:

Oooh that may get you a like.... don't worry I often make posts that even super dooper posters like yourself do from time to time. 

May get me a bite too!!! Surely you must dread the moment peteO posts in the same thread as you as 50 posts later - Lukaku, Kane, straw man, Gueye, fast car analogy, use to play a bit, Jagielka - it’s the same old arguments and same insults thrown... it must be time consuming! It’s a fact - whenever I see that you and peteO have had an exchange, I scroll past it and in this case I repeated a good point you had made. I’m sure many enjoy your exchanges - I don’t.

4 hours ago, c1982 said:

May get me a bite too!!! Surely you must dread the moment peteO posts in the same thread as you as 50 posts later - Lukaku, Kane, straw man, Gueye, fast car analogy, use to play a bit, Jagielka - it’s the same old arguments and same insults thrown... it must be time consuming! It’s a fact - whenever I see that you and peteO have had an exchange, I scroll past it and in this case I repeated a good point you had made. I’m sure many enjoy your exchanges - I don’t.

The irony is that most posters on here are very very similar in what drives them.....  they just dress it in a different way.... it's whether or not you have the ability to see that.... clearly not in many cases. 

On 14/03/2019 at 22:13, c1982 said:

That tag surely goes to Nigel Martyn - brilliant keeper. If only we’d signed him earlier (like we nearly did).

Martyn was brilliant, I agree, but Pickford will be better than him and is as good a shot stopper as him already.

Going back to the Newcastle game, I thought he was poor but he was nowhere near as bad as some people on here make it out to be. If goalkeeping is as easy as some of you think its a surprise that there are so few genuine world class keepers about, especially when the 'best' keeper in the world at the moment watches a ball go down the centre of his goal at the same weekend.

He was erratic all game. Keepers need to be calm and clear headed but his emotions were all over the place and that needs to change. Massive fuck up for the penalty, I dont care that he saved it, he was lucky not to get sent off IMO. He made 1 truly world class save during the game, the rest I would expect of most keepers. The first goal he would have saved had it not been from a slight deflection taking it closer to his body. Its ludicrous that people blame him for that. Unfortunately the 2nd goal will happen to keepers with these balls. It doesnt take much of a dip to hit the wrong part of your hand and to therefore go on a different angle than you intend. Essentially Jordan got too much on it. It happens to every keeper. Some get lucky and it goes wide or away from a player, sometimes it doesnt. If he gets too little on it, it goes in the back of the net. The difference between getting it right and it going wrong it probably around 2-3inches on a dipping and swerving ball, struck powerfully, with a short reaction time. 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

Going back to the Newcastle game, I thought he was poor but he was nowhere near as bad as some people on here make it out to be. If goalkeeping is as easy as some of you think its a surprise that there are so few genuine world class keepers about, especially when the 'best' keeper in the world at the moment watches a ball go down the centre of his goal at the same weekend.

He was erratic all game. Keepers need to be calm and clear headed but his emotions were all over the place and that needs to change. Massive fuck up for the penalty, I dont care that he saved it, he was lucky not to get sent off IMO. He made 1 truly world class save during the game, the rest I would expect of most keepers. The first goal he would have saved had it not been from a slight deflection taking it closer to his body. Its ludicrous that people blame him for that. Unfortunately the 2nd goal will happen to keepers with these balls. It doesnt take much of a dip to hit the wrong part of your hand and to therefore go on a different angle than you intend. Essentially Jordan got too much on it. It happens to every keeper. Some get lucky and it goes wide or away from a player, sometimes it doesnt. If he gets too little on it, it goes in the back of the net. The difference between getting it right and it going wrong it probably around 2-3inches on a dipping and swerving ball, struck powerfully, with a short reaction time. 

It's not the quality of his game that's the biggest problem.... it's the reason why his game suffers that is and it's his ego/brain.

His choices and sheer stubbornness to change his approach is going to be a huge problem.

It's not about whether you have played in goal to understand whether he is doing well or not..... at this moment he is making more mistakes than any other player in the league which leads to shots and goals.  I can't recall a world class save he made against Newcastle.... I honestly can't. 

His instance on parrying balls out into box is a huge problem. His instincts whilst that to make a stop ate good but he puts the ball back into danger.  If he trusted himself more on crosses and being able to command his area he would probably tip them wide.   Their second goal he tried to palm it and catch it.  Just tip it the fuck over when it's been hit that hard. 

He knows the fans are getting cheesed off with his kicking and he's treating them with contempt.  He needs to get humble and start learning. 

19 minutes ago, hafnia said:

It's not the quality of his game that's the biggest problem.... it's the reason why his game suffers that is and it's his ego/brain.

His choices and sheer stubbornness to change his approach is going to be a huge problem.

It's not about whether you have played in goal to understand whether he is doing well or not..... at this moment he is making more mistakes than any other player in the league which leads to shots and goals.  I can't recall a world class save he made against Newcastle.... I honestly can't.  

His instance on parrying balls out into box is a huge problem. His instincts whilst that to make a stop ate good but he puts the ball back into danger.  If he trusted himself more on crosses and being able to command his area he would probably tip them wide.   Their second goal he tried to palm it and catch it.  Just tip it the fuck over when it's been hit that hard. 

He knows the fans are getting cheesed off with his kicking and he's treating them with contempt.  He needs to get humble and start learning. 

One of his biggest strengths and weaknesses is between the ears. The strength is that he believes in himself and if you doubt yourself for one minute as a keeper it will rip you apart, but in the same breath, if you think you cant do wrong, you will back yourself in situations you cant win, you can be too pumped up and that adrenaline, or machismo will cloud his judgement.

The bit in bold just shows that you dont know what he was trying to do. No keeper in the world would try and palm a ball down that has been struck like that, and its clear as day that it isnt what he was trying to do. He was making sure he got something behind the ball because of the movement on the ball. He was making sure the ball didnt go in the back of the net from that shot. Pickford had no control over the shot, other than to stop it going in and not do a Karius, or a Dubravka from previous weeks. The problem for Pickford is that his defenders didnt react. Zouma watches Perez run past him. Our general shape before the ball was played forward by their centre back saw Gana unnecessarily in the opposition half, Gomes not aware of the player around him and then both Kenny and Mina (who are marking no-one) back off Almiron, letting him get the ball under control and inviting the shot in the first place.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

One of his biggest strengths and weaknesses is between the ears. The strength is that he believes in himself and if you doubt yourself for one minute as a keeper it will rip you apart, but in the same breath, if you think you cant do wrong, you will back yourself in situations you cant win, you can be too pumped up and that adrenaline, or machismo will cloud his judgement.

The bit in bold just shows that you dont know what he was trying to do. No keeper in the world would try and palm a ball down that has been struck like that, and its clear as day that it isnt what he was trying to do. He was making sure he got something behind the ball because of the movement on the ball. He was making sure the ball didnt go in the back of the net from that shot. Pickford had no control over the shot, other than to stop it going in and not do a Karius, or a Dubravka from previous weeks. The problem for Pickford is that his defenders didnt react. Zouma watches Perez run past him. Our general shape before the ball was played forward by their centre back saw Gana unnecessarily in the opposition half, Gomes not aware of the player around him and then both Kenny and Mina (who are marking no-one) back off Almiron, letting him get the ball under control and inviting the shot in the first place.

Are you a goalkeeping coach? Have you spoken to pickford about what he was trying to do?

To me it's quite clear that he wasn't dealing with the percentages- it wasn't a catch. He tried to take the sting out of it and didn't cushion it enough which can happen.  The percs have play in a cases is to put over or wide for a corner.  

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

Are you a goalkeeping coach? Have you spoken to pickford about what he was trying to do?

To me it's quite clear that he wasn't dealing with the percentages- it wasn't a catch. He tried to take the sting out of it and didn't cushion it enough which can happen.  The percs have play in a cases is to put over or wide for a corner.  

Of course it wasn't a catch. Just look at the technique he used, he was just stopping the ball from going into the goal, hoping that it would go away from goal and away from the opposition. I don't know what is so hard to understand about it as it happens a lot. You see it a lot more abroad where they go with more of a punching technique but Pickford did the right thing by covering more area with open hands.

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Of course it wasn't a catch. Just look at the technique he used, he was just stopping the ball from going into the goal, hoping that it would go away from goal and away from the opposition. I don't know what is so hard to understand about it as it happens a lot. You see it a lot more abroad where they go with more of a punching technique but Pickford did the right thing by covering more area with open hands.

I must have ridiculously high goalkeeping standards if you are saying that that what he did was ok....  it's karius-esque mistakes he is making with regularity now.

It's not age related it's intelligence/ego related. 

12 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I must have ridiculously high goalkeeping standards if you are saying that that what he did was ok....  it's karius-esque mistakes he is making with regularity now.

It’s a mix of inexperience, age, ego and no clear organisation in front of him for me

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

No you just have unreal expectations of Pickford (and other Everton players for that matter) when compared to other goalkeepers of his ability. The massive error that he should never be making was the penalty, but you will see elite goalkeepers make that type of save for the 2nd goal on a fairly regular basis.

You only have to look at Dubravka for our 2nd goal, with a much easier ball to clear away from danger. It far easier to read, he has time to go with 2 hands and if he doesn't think that he can control the ball he should be able to guide it back towards where it came from instead of into the path of Richarlison. In his defence though, its another split second reaction and he probably thought that getting something on the ball was better than not.

54 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No you just have unreal expectations of Pickford (and other Everton players for that matter) when compared to other goalkeepers of his ability. The massive error that he should never be making was the penalty, but you will see elite goalkeepers make that type of save for the 2nd goal on a fairly regular basis.

You only have to look at Dubravka for our 2nd goal, with a much easier ball to clear away from danger. It far easier to read, he has time to go with 2 hands and if he doesn't think that he can control the ball he should be able to guide it back towards where it came from instead of into the path of Richarlison. In his defence though, its another split second reaction and he probably thought that getting something on the ball was better than not.

Which other Everton players do I have unreal expectations of and why are they unreal? 

I'm prepared to accept certain levels of inability vs other players but I'm not prepared to accept piss poor attitude or an inability to show humility regarding areas of play where players are lacking.

Have a proper look at the players I get annoyed by... and look for the similarity. There is a theme and it's nothing to do hairstyles or inability to do a cruyff turn.

I know there is a "haf hates certain players or has agendas" theme...... but that's only true for those lazy enough not to read into why I get pissed off.....

Schneiderlein, mirallas, lukaku, pickford, stones - all have had some serious stick from me. Its not because of a lack of ability.  

Plus I'm not getting into the nonsense of letting pickford away with something cos a goally who cost 1/5th of what he did made  in the same game.  Mistakes will happen....  but they seem to happen with greater chance when pickford decides to go on a one man crusade against fans or spouting shit in the media like ",i won't make mistakes like allisson"

Keep arguing guys. You sound like fans.

He made a really bad, immature, and big ego mistake. It’s down to age. Neither of you are coaches.... that’s obvious.

He is one of the better goalkeepers in the league. He is making mistakes, but has the time time to learn.'

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I love it when we blues get a target to hit. Be much better if it was an opposition player rather than one of our own, but there you have it. Up the blues.

Romey we are expressing opinions of him because of his attitude and mistakes.... we aren't advocating beating him up.

How is criticising pickford any different to you criticising Richarlison? 

9 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Romey we are expressing opinions of him because of his attitude and mistakes.... we aren't advocating beating him up.

How is criticising pickford any different to you criticising Richarlison? 

You jumped on Pickford a long time ago, Haf. You have to have a target or you're not happy, and get fixated and make all sorts of psychological analyses of them. 

I can quite easily not fixate on Richarlison and appreciate when he doesn't have a titty lip on him (please get back to that and press), when he scores. My not rating him doesn't mean I go off the deep end about him.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

You jumped on Pickford a long time ago, Haf. You have to have a target or you're not happy, and get fixated and make all sorts of psychological analyses of them. 

I can quite easily not fixate on Richarlison and appreciate when he doesn't have a titty lip on him (please get back to that and press), when he scores. My not rating him doesn't mean I go off the deep end about him.

You jumped on richarlison before anyone else and not incorrectly either. So I'm not sure what the issue is.... pickford like richarlison has a poor temperament.  Like Lukaku before them. 

I usually have a target cos I'm not happy - not the other way round.  Why should I be happy when we have players who act like they have made it and we are watching them tit about, laugh things off, roll round on the floor and sulk when the refs don't blow for fouls.. pickford telling zouma to fuck off when he asks why he never claimed a ball?

It's a fuckin joke of a team.  We have Theo Walcott playing every week like he's taking part in that Robbie Williams charity match bollocks.

Trust me. We get a team if the right mentality you will see minimal moaning from me.  

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I just think it's a little overboard with Pickford tbh. And I don't mean just you when I say that either. The level of shit that's getting flung at him is ridiculous. Yes, he has shown a bit of immaturity and made mistakes etc but I think he'll learn and he'll be quality for us and more than likely be snapped up by a bigger club. If he doesn't learn then, by all means, jump on him. But do you (not you personally) not realise that you're just putting more pressure on him at the moment? Being a goalkeeper must be very difficult at the best of times because you're totally on your own. So lets not exacerbate things and put undue pressure on him which will cost us in the long run.

Exacerbate that's the word of the week😉 I think we might see more use of that.

We have talk and critique his performance we call it when he's good and praise him look at how many votes and good comments he gets on motm, so when he fucks up we must be allowed to call it especially when he is committing some howlers and acting like a clown, his performance against Newcastle was worthy of being shown on red nose day and he needs to hear the criticism and he might learn from the errors of his ways.