IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Digne 9/10

Bernard 8/10

Gylfi, Richarlison, Gomes, Zouma, Pickford 7/10

Keane, Walcott, Coleman, DCL 6/10. That's how I see the must regular starters.

Mina, Kenny, Davies, 7/10

Schniederlin,, Tosun, Baines 6/10. That's how I see the most used of the rest.

All based on this season so far, I also feel we have some players with the potential to improve in Gylfi, Richarlison, Gomes, Pickford, Mina, Schniederlin, Kenny, DCL.

Players who I think should be moved on Coleman, Keane, Walcott, Tosun, Baines and don't sign Zouma.

I know you don't like Gana but pretending he doesn't exist won't make him go away:lol:.

27 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pretty telling that a bunch of us with varying opinions on the squad all think digne is player of the year.

It will be Digne I think.  Gana very close.  

Either 2 of those players will be targeted by the likes of PSG in the case of Gana and Digne is probably neck and neck with Robertson for left back in team of the year.

Fernandinio best holding midfielder by a distance.  Gana arguably been better than Kante this year.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Either 2 of those players will be targeted by the likes of PSG in the case of Gana and Digne is probably neck and neck with Robertson for left back in team of the year.

Fernandinio best holding midfielder by a distance.  Gana arguably been better than Kante this year.

Gana will get it in an attempt to keep him here I think

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

By default I think, seei g as Sarri refuses to play Kante DM. 

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

i thought you lot were "english gentlemen" FFS they are yelling at him like they are at the stadium except they are 5 feet away from him in public.  wow.  

Two ways of looking at it...

1. People are pricks and on a night out it's unavoidable that you may encounter them.

2. With number 1 in mind then choose where you go carefully or just walk away from nobhead magnet places like that gaff.  

I couldn't be arsed with a place like that... need eyes in the back of your head.  Time to go for a nice meal with Mrs or a nice old arse pub that does real ale Jordan. 

12 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Two ways of looking at it...

1. People are pricks and on a night out it's unavoidable that you may encounter them.

2. With number 1 in mind then choose where you go carefully or just walk away from nobhead magnet places like that gaff.  

I couldn't be arsed with a place like that... need eyes in the back of your head.  Time to go for a nice meal with Mrs or a nice old arse pub that does real ale Jordan. 

i don't understand why he didn't just notify the bar and have the bouncer remove the person.  that is how it's handled here in the states.  i played a show once and a woman was being an ass to my mother (who was in the audience).  my mom told a staff person and a big MF'er came and removed the woman, no refund given.  very cut and dry over here.  

43 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i thought you lot were "english gentlemen" FFS they are yelling at him like they are at the stadium except they are 5 feet away from him in public.  wow.  

Looks like it was in a club with loud music so talking at conversation level wouldn't be possible. Sound like geordies to me so while he shouldn't have reacted the way he did it's a bit understandable for a young lad being harangued like that. Worse happens in every town/city centre every week-end and nobody is held to account.

It's a bit unfortunate but I don't see him being punished for it apart from maybe a slap on the wrist.

This incident doesn’t surprise at all - Pickford really needs some advice on his ‘public image’ as he comes a across as a bit of a cocky prick. He may or may not have deserved whatever happened on that night out but he doesn’t help himself.

On what the club do... I personally think they need to give him a wake up call - his hands are quite important (to put it lightly) as a keeper - what if he’d have connected and broke a bone in his hand? Irresponsible regardless of the situation - he needs to learn!

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Looks like it was in a club with loud music so talking at conversation level wouldn't be possible. Sound like geordies to me so while he shouldn't have reacted the way he did it's a bit understandable for a young lad being harangued like that. Worse happens in every town/city centre every week-end and nobody is held to account.

It's a bit unfortunate but I don't see him being punished for it apart from maybe a slap on the wrist.

Still a bit stupid for him to be somewhere like that, needs to think things through a bit more.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

It’s sad that footballers should have to avoid places because of dickheads being around. Should be able to go to a bar with his mates, smile for photos like he’s doing on the video, without someone thinking they are clever shouting insults. 

I agree but that is unfortunately these days the cost of fame and fortune, and although he's come from a working class area and background to go back and drink there could be a dangerous thing there are some real nutters out there, that just seems to be how society is he needs to learn fast he can't go were the idiots go.

For him now it's the upmarket bars and clubs that he should be going to were the clientele are more let's say refined for a better word and the doorman are more professional and have better control over who is and who isn'tt admitted, it would be a lot safer for him and he would be able to relax and enjoy himself with the threat of some nutters having a go.

13 hours ago, StevO said:

It’s sad that footballers should have to avoid places because of dickheads being around. Should be able to go to a bar with his mates, smile for photos like he’s doing on the video, without someone thinking they are clever shouting insults. 

I watched the seperate 3 videos and it's clear the bar he's in is a bit of a walkabout/revolution loud music cheapish ale type of venue. 

He must be thick as pig shit if he things he can go somewhere like that and not get grief.  I've had a knife pulled on me in a taxi rank in birkenhead, had a lad stood next to me in cool rooms butted for no reason....my learning was don't go to rough places.  I got jumped by 5 lads on Scotland road at 2am in the morning - fortunately I've got a solid head and didn't go down or if have been stamped all over the place and hospitalised. 

To me he loves being amongst people who will recognise him.  He loves attention. He just does and it's recognisable in his onfield stuff. 

He needs to get his arse into alderley everywhere the bouncers won't let people get up to shit like that.  I seen hibbert,  osman, kilbane  stood at a bar in alderley one night.... no one spoke to them or bothered them at all.... because it wasn't that type of place. Pissup rowdy places attract the wrong people and behaviours

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He needs to get his arse into alderley everywhere the bouncers won't let people get up to shit like that.  I seen hibbert,  osman, kilbane  stood at a bar in alderley one night.... no one spoke to them or bothered them at all.... because it wasn't that type of place. Pissup rowdy places attract the wrong people and behaviours

I saw Ossie and Hibbert in Nexus in St Helens, laughing that they were more famous than the rugby players in their own back yard, this was in the toilets while Hibbert was being sick and Ossie was laughing his head off. 

Was a good night to be fair. 

Before we judge Pickford too much for his poor judgement, just remember that Gareth Barry stole a taxi when he was pissed. 😂

He's went out to watch his boyhood club in a cup final. Give a lad a break. Doesn't look smashed and is being friendly getting pictures, shame on him... 

Add to the abuse he was getting that apparently the lads called his Mrs a fat cunt. Defending himself and his mrs, showing the attitude that is largely missing from our team. Too many of our players don't stand up for themselves never mind their teammates. 

• 1 month later...

Much better performances from Jordan over the last few weeks, apart from his kicking on Friday against Burnley. Wonder how much noise the press would have made if it had been Jordan who made the errors and not Heaton?

Hope he has a quiet summer and comes back more balanced (grown up I guess ) 

3 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Much better performances from Jordan over the last few weeks, apart from his kicking on Friday against Burnley. Wonder how much noise the press would have made if it had been Jordan who made the errors and not Heaton?

Hope he has a quiet summer and comes back more balanced (grown up I guess ) 

Got a baby due some time soon hasn’t he? That might help. 

Or he gets some new toys to play with. 

The lad is twenty four. He is going to have dips especially as a goalie. The way the world is with all the gobshites he must have every prick jealous waiting to give him shit. Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be allowed out. It’s society that’s a cunt. He has been top drawer since that happened. Credit to him 

12 hours ago, Finn balor said:

The lad is twenty four. He is going to have dips especially as a goalie. The way the world is with all the gobshites he must have every prick jealous waiting to give him shit. Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be allowed out. It’s society that’s a cunt. He has been top drawer since that happened. Credit to him 

His dips are due to arrogance and ego though. 

Credit he has been very good recently. Never doubt his ability - I think he is an absolute class keeper, I just hope some of these incidents have screwed his head because he can reach whatever level he wants to in the end.