IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) Sunday August 27th

markjazzbassist

i expected a loss, they are the reigning champs we were 7th and it was away. thats what we got. not mad, just hope we play better in our next match. one match doesn't define a season.

So if you got sent to prison you would put Vaseline on your arse and just drop your necks and bend over?

i expected a loss, they are the reigning champs we were 7th and it was away. thats what we got. not mad, just hope we play better in our next match. one match doesn't define a season.

But there's a trend. City and chelsea are good idea of where we are at. And it's not looking great.

As I've said before. I can accept losing, it's the manner in which we do so. Today we set out to contain.

From here on,

DCL is our number 9 until we sign a better target man, but I'm actually okay with him playing.

No 3 at then back. 433

We need atleast one pacey player off the target man.

Positive today was besic, though he was excellent.

to be fair that corner was won by holgate siggy and baines. they've been on the whole match joe.

That's not the point. It's the roles and positions they were asked to play and the availability of players to link our play. Only to a certain point is it the actual players. But, you could've put just about anyone in there with the tactics Koeman set up and they would've failed just as miserably.

But there's a trend. City and chelsea are good idea of where we are at. And it's not looking great.

As I've said before. I can accept losing, it's the manner in which we do so. Today we set out to contain.

From here on,

DCL is our number 9 until we sign a better target man, but I'm actually okay with him playing.

No 3 at then back. 433

We need atleast one pacey player off the target man.

Positive today was besic, though he was excellent.

I agree, problem with the pace angle is that we don't have anyone. Mirallas looks like he is off, Lookman doesn't look up to this level yet and Lennon is, well, Lennon. Does Sandro count as pace? He isn't lightening but he must be as quick as we have.

It all goes back to same question most were asking about transfers, why bring in Rooney, Sigurdsson and Klaasen to do the same type of job. It's making a rod for your own back.

We've seen that sort of display more than once this season, only this time we didn't get away with it.

Someone asked "where do we go from here?" Well, I have a few suggestions.

1) Buy a top class striker. My preference is Dzeko, but we need someone. Having said that, it frustrates me that Koeman is pointing to our lack of spending on a striker. If this is what he thinks, why did we buy Martina or Klaassen? If a striker is a priority, prove it!

2) Bring back the players with fight and use them: Besic and McCarthy come to mind right away. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, as they say.

3) Go for it! I'd rather lose 5-2 after taking the game to Chelsea than losing 2-0 so pitifully. Why do we give the top six teams so much respect? Burnley went for it and won. So could we!

4) The main problem, though, is a manager who's not suited to this team and maybe even this league. This will sound a very radical suggestion, but at this point I'd prefer to see Rooney as player-manager. He knows the team and its history, he knows the strengths and weaknesses of each player, and he sure as heck knows the league.

In the end, we need a different mentality, a winning mentality. Performances right now are Moyesesque, and that's a problem. We're not league paupers any more (and never were compared to the likes of Bournemouth), so let's step up and believe!

You mentioned Bournemouth I watched that game they gave City a far better game than we did, they can class them selves unlucky we can class ourselves lucky.

I'd like to think we have better players than Bournemouth or should have when you look at the cost of our team to theirs.

I think the reason they performed better is simply there manager got it right.

Now if things don't go well for Koeman Eddie Howe would be a good shout he'd bring back a bit of science something Koeman in his first year doesn't seem able to achieve.

Doom and gloom crew is back, love the koeman out shouts already. hyperbole and overreaction in full effect. one more loss and moshiri out chants?

Seems like some of you have become as plastic as Chelsea after one big spend. Ffs

Wind your neck in. Not being happy with the manager doesn't make fans plastic. We support Everton, we arent glory hunters, we arent here because we are a fashionable club, we are here because we want whats best for the club and we have been chosen.

We have been really poor so far this season and questions should be asked. You have your right to support him unconditionally, others have the right to consider what options are available and question poor and costly decisions. It doesn't mean either side are plastic, or that we are expecting to win the league or win every game 4 nil as I saw on another thread.

We all have an opinion as otherwise we wouldn't be on here but don't start having a pop at other dedicated fans who don't share yours with rubbish like calling them "plastic".

Wind your neck in. Not being happy with the manager doesn't make fans plastic. We support Everton, we arent glory hunters, we arent here because we are a fashionable club, we are here because we want whats best for the club and we have been chosen.

We have been really poor so far this season and questions should be asked. You have your right to support him unconditionally, others have the right to consider what options are available and question poor and costly decisions. It doesn't mean either side are plastic, or that we are expecting to win the league or win every game 4 nil as I saw on another thread.

We all have an opinion as otherwise we wouldn't be on here but don't start having a pop at other dedicated fans who don't share yours with rubbish like calling them "plastic".

There's a difference between not being happy with your manager and wanting him sacked after 3 league games.

We've won 4, drawn a game whereby we only had to see it out in order to get throgh to the group stages, and picked up a point to possibly the best team in the league and finally lost to the champions.

We might have been poor but as long as the results come I don't care how we play.

Marks right though, i wouldn't have used the term "Plastic" but it's bloody pathetic people calling for Koemans head.

Cornish....some opinions on your opinions:

1) A striker has been on the list for a while. I think the Sigurdsson saga dragged on for a lot longer than everyone anticipated. I think we threw a lot of time and effort into that one to get it done and any other business was put on the back foot.

2) Both Besic and McCarthy have had long lay offs. Besic is only just back and is getting game time. McCarthy is still out and when fit he has had game time. I think Koeman appreciates what these guys bring...but not a lot he can do if they are injured.

3) I kind of agree...a wee bit...in that we should be more positive. But not that losing 5-2 is in anyway better than losing 2-0 just because 'we went for it'. In fact, it kind of proves that we shouldn't 'go for it'. Distorted results happen every season, Burnley being one of them, in which Chelsea just shot themselves in the foot. Koeman does deserve some flack for the performances, no doubt. But not the level he is getting.

4) This is just your bias against Koeman coming through and just ruins your whole post.

Cornish....some opinions on your opinions:

1) A striker has been on the list for a while. I think the Sigurdsson saga dragged on for a lot longer than everyone anticipated. I think we threw a lot of time and effort into that one to get it done and any other business was put on the back foot.

2) Both Besic and McCarthy have had long lay offs. Besic is only just back and is getting game time. McCarthy is still out and when fit he has had game time. I think Koeman appreciates what these guys bring...but not a lot he can do if they are injured.

3) I kind of agree...a wee bit...in that we should be more positive. But not that losing 5-2 is in anyway better than losing 2-0 just because 'we went for it'. In fact, it kind of proves that we shouldn't 'go for it'. Distorted results happen every season, Burnley being one of them, in which Chelsea just shot themselves in the foot. Koeman does deserve some flack for the performances, no doubt. But not the level he is getting.

4) This is just your bias against Koeman coming through and just ruins your whole post.

Fair comments. For #2, let's see whether these two guys become starters once they are fully fit. With the new recruits, I suspect not, but we'll see.

For #4, I'm usually the one calling for patience. It does take time to build a team, but how long has Koeman been here now? Do we have a clear strategy? Are we playing good football? Are we getting the most out of every player? Is there a palpable sense of confidence, even in the face of defeat? This combination of factors makes me worried. I really don't see much in the way of progress after more than 12 months. Do you?

I have been an Everton supporter for more years than I want to admit to. Once upon a time I went to EVERY game without fail.

So, please forgive me for voicing an opinion that may upset a few.

1, it is no secret that I do not rate Koeman.

2, I never wanted him as manager in the first place. (I said so in here a few times.)

3, we have him so we must make the best of things for now.

4 he does not understand Everton and our history, (see how we went out of the cup competitions last year)

5, his tactics are naive at best, disastrous at worst.

6. not yet have I or anyone on here that I am aware of called for his sacking.

7, if he left who could take his place? Rooney? why not if Kendall was our best ever he also came in as a player manager at first.. Unsworth? possibly a good choice after what he has done . Big Dunc.... why not as he understands the club's history and has all his coaching badges. Seriously who could come in?

8, nobody has even hinted at calling out Moshiri so please do not start inventing stories about the nasty 'plastic scousers' you think you know about/ (aimed at a certain person)

9, many of us have been fans long enough to remember the really bad times, we moan because we do not want to see our beloved team go down that route again.

10 all toffees feel despondent that we are not at the very pinnacle of the game, but I believe in my heart of hearts one day we will be champions again.

There's a difference between not being happy with your manager and wanting him sacked after 3 league games.

We've won 4, drawn a game whereby we only had to see it out in order to get throgh to the group stages, and picked up a point to possibly the best team in the league and finally lost to the champions.

We might have been poor but as long as the results come I don't care how we play.

Marks right though, i wouldn't have used the term "Plastic" but it's bloody pathetic people calling for Koemans head.

You realise we had the same manager last season?

If you play crap it will catch up with you. The warning signs were there from City but people glossed over it because we got a point. The same applies to Thursday when we were a wonder goal and a penalty save from losing that game.

I get that people won't agree over this but there must a question mark over him. I get that difference in opinion, but we aren't Chelsea fans that only turned up when the money came. We have all been here through thick and thin. This is about money spent, expecting the world, it's whether the man in charge is getting the most from the team and has been for the last 14 or so months.

The same applies to Thursday when we were a wonder goal and a penalty save from losing that game.

They got a "wonder goal" as well Bailey, up until then we were totally comfortable. Even if they'd scored the pen they'd still have needed another two which was never going to happen, there was never moment in that game that we were in danger of going out after the equaliser.