IGNORED

Richarlison

News coming out of Paris this morning is that PSG will actually move for Erling Haaland as a replacement for Mbappe, rather than Richarlison. When you consider that his release clause is around €75m (I believe) then it makes a lot of sense, especially if we're asking for over €100m for Charlie.

11 hours ago, c1982 said:

We’ve supposedly slapped a €120m price tag on him - smart move if true.

Indeed, nice to see us being smart with our potential departures :).

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

News coming out of Paris this morning is that PSG will actually move for Erling Haaland as a replacement for Mbappe, rather than Richarlison. When you consider that his release clause is around €75m (I believe) then it makes a lot of sense, especially if we're asking for over €100m for Charlie.

Indeed, nice to see us being smart with our potential departures :).

Not sure Harland would want to go to PSG this summer. He will have the pick of any club in the world next summer, when his lower (75m) release clause kicks in. Will probably be offered one of the biggest wage packets ever when he moves for this knockdown fee. 

Plenty of drama left in this transfer window!!

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Not sure Harland would want to go to PSG this summer. He will have the pick of any club in the world next summer, when his lower (75m) release clause kicks in. Will probably be offered one of the biggest wage packets ever when he moves for this knockdown fee. 

PSG has to be mighty tempting though. They can pay him whatever he wants and he gets to play with and learn from Leo. Will be interesting to see.

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but Rob...you always seem to call him Harland. If you just replaced the r with an a, you'd have his name actually spelled correctly. 

Harland sounds like a pig farmer from Alabama.

He's such an important piece for us, his hard work off the ball is vital. But the petulant display today was enough for me.

Just saw a replay, and after Townsend and Coleman are finally walking him away from the spot, Dom looks over at him and just shakes his head. 

If he stays, great. If he goes, I won't be bothered (as long as we bring in a proper replacement)

On 28/08/2021 at 17:58, Zoo 2.0 said:

Nah, I don't think so. Both teams will refuse to budge and it'll roll on until January (at which case Mbappe leaves for free with a pre-contract at Madrid).

Multiple reports stating that Real Madrid have ended their interest in Mbappe, so looks as though Richarlison will be staying. In truth, not sure whether I'm happy or sad about that but at least on the bright side gives us time to find a suitable replacement. 

I think Mbappe will sign a pre-contract in January, so think Charlie will be off next summer.

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Richy is a a hard man to love as a character, he's had the odd great moment for us but I really won't be too upset to see him go, whenever that happens. He'll never be looked back on as a great player for us, even if he goes for the highest fee we've ever got.

I love Richy.  Odd to see some of the comments in this thread.  Maybe people are just preparing for when he leaves? So that it stings less?  Sure... he likes to pout. Sure... he is good for a red card each season. But as long as he is still on the pitch... he is always up for the fight, tracks defensively, and scores goals.  Wouldn't be linked with bigger teams if there wasn't something there.  The crowd wouldn't be signing his song if there wasn't something there (were even singing it after his penalty pout). 

He may never be an Everton great or legend, but we will all miss him when he is gone.

7 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

I love Richy.  Odd to see some of the comments in this thread.  Maybe people are just preparing for when he leaves? So that it stings less?  Sure... he likes to pout. Sure... he is good for a red card each season. But as long as he is still on the pitch... he is always up for the fight, tracks defensively, and scores goals.  Wouldn't be linked with bigger teams if there wasn't something there.  The crowd wouldn't be signing his song if there wasn't something there (were even singing it after his penalty pout). 

He may never be an Everton great or legend, but we will all miss him when he is gone.

I agree with this. He’s not perfect, but he may not be so easy to replace. 

He is one of the few who have come for big money (too much some originally said) and actually lived up to the fee. He is a lad who works hard and plays with passion. He is definitely not perfect, but his passion and hard work have maybe elevated him above what is his footballing 'skillset', which could net us a very decent fee - so kudos to him for his effort. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Richy is a a hard man to love as a character, he's had the odd great moment for us but I really won't be too upset to see him go, whenever that happens. He'll never be looked back on as a great player for us, even if he goes for the highest fee we've ever got.

You’re right he won’t go down as one of the greats for Everton, but he will work his way to the top and play for the one of best team’s in Europe, he’s driven to get himself to the top he plays for himself before the club and whether he’s happy here or not he will give 100% every time he steps on the pitch, I wish more would do the same. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I agree with this. He’s not perfect, but he may not be so easy to replace. 

His defensive skills will probably be harder to replace than his attacking skills in all honesty - he’s such an important player for us hence the huge fee we will demand if and when he goes.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

You’re right he won’t go down as one of the greats for Everton, but he will work his way to the top and play for the one of best team’s in Europe, he’s driven to get himself to the top he plays for himself before the club and whether he’s happy here or not he will give 100% every time he steps on the pitch, I wish more would do the same. 

Had to check we weren’t in the Gana thread there and you were describing him ;).

23 hours ago, MikeO said:

He really is. I think a lot of it is the diving around, moaning and whatever else goes with it. Everything else about his game, should make him a fan favourite! 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Bissouma was absolutely bossing us in the first half, until Richie decided to get under his skin. We took control after that.

This is where he is underrated a lot of the time.

Agreed... I should love him for stuff like this because that is right up my street! 

• 2 weeks later...