IGNORED

Richarlison

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

That's for when you're traveling sort of near Spain but not quite Spain.

Spain-ish

Been there, very southern tip of France on the Med coast, Pyrénées-Orientales; they identify very much as Catalan rather than French (have bull fighting as well). But then Catalans want independence from Spain so maybe a bit of a stretch:unsure:

Bloody lovely area though.

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Been there, very southern tip of France on the Med coast, Pyrénées-Orientales; they identify very much as Catalan rather than French (have bull fighting as well). But then Catalans want independence from Spain so maybe a bit of a stretch:unsure:

Bloody lovely area though.

The Catalan region banned bull fighting in 2011 for cultural reasons, believing it to be a Spanish tradition, and as you said they don’t class themselves as Spanish. Bull fighting is still widely practiced in mainland Spain where some matador’s enjoy hero status. Where I had my first Villa the traveling bull fighting rink use to come to the town once a year during the town’s biggest fiesta, a huge round high walled wooden structure. I was always curious to see what it was like inside but never felt at ease with the practice so didn’t go👎

24 minutes ago, London Blue said:

If he goes it will be Braca or Madrid, both of whom are skint so I dont see him going anywhere next season.

Madrid actually aren't, they're in a pretty healthy financial position. He'd suit them far better than Barca as well, I don't see Xavi viewing Richarlison as suitable for the game he'll want them to play.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Madrid actually aren't, they're in a pretty healthy financial position. He'd suit them far better than Barca as well, I don't see Xavi viewing Richarlison as suitable for the game he'll want them to play.

He could go PSG if Mbappe goes to Real, link up with his Brazillian teamates. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

The Catalan region banned bull fighting in 2011 for cultural reasons, believing it to be a Spanish tradition...

Didn't know that, we were there in 2006; looked round the bullring in Céret but wouldn't have gone to an actual fight. My dad was taken by a client once and he said it was sickening.

(Actually reading up on it it still happens in France despite the Catalonia ban, you'd think they'd have fallen in line. Also the Catalan ban was overturned by the Spanish government in 2016)

31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Didn't know that, we were there in 2006; looked round the bullring in Céret but wouldn't have gone to an actual fight. My dad was taken by a client once and he said it was sickening.

(Actually reading up on it it still happens in France despite the Catalonia ban, you'd think they'd have fallen in line. Also the Catalan ban was overturned by the Spanish government in 2016)

That’s interesting to know that the Spanish government then overturned it in 2016, there has been a war of attrition between the Spanish Castilian government and the north of Spain for decades, they even speak a different version of the Spanish language, I think in the basque and Catalonia regions they speak Spainish the version I was trying to learn😊😉

Just watched an 'on the ball' focus of him on the Everton YouTube channel. He really did battle yesterday more than I've seen him do for a long time. What a performance. He also seemed more team oriented than in previous month's.

That goal meant the world to him and I think he really enjoyed it. But also hats off to Demari for the brilliant shot to set him up. He's really got a good range of shooting on him and shifts the ball beautifully.

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Just watched an 'on the ball' focus of him on the Everton YouTube channel. He really did battle yesterday more than I've seen him do for a long time. What a performance. He also seemed more team oriented than in previous month's.

That goal meant the world to him and I think he really enjoyed it. But also hats off to Demari for the brilliant shot to set him up. He's really got a good range of shooting on him and shifts the ball beautifully.

28 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Tbf based on those clips Ben Godfrey had a great game a full back. Absolutely solid and committed. Not sure we would have got that physicality with Digne in there. 

I think the tackle at the on tomiyasu set the agenda for the day. Absolutely quality, full blooded challenge.

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I do love them challenges but it's not going to be pretty when he inevitably gets one of these wrong.

I don't want him to stop though, far from it.

Understandable but he has made quite a few of them and made them fairly. Huge difference between him timing a tackle and Holgate for instance.