IGNORED

Richarlison

I think getting the deal done early will be essential for us in the transfer market, potentially even if we miss out on a few quid, just in order to allow us some wiggle room to spend. 

I think most transfers are done in Euro's these days, even between none EU countries. As you always see strange number when its quoted in £'s. 

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think most transfers are done in Euro's these days, even between none EU countries. As you always see strange number when its quoted in £'s. 

You know that makes no sense at all right, Rob?

Why would two companies in England do a deal in a foreign currency?

Its quoted in euros because it’s foreign journalists reporting it. No other reason than that. And then other journalists rehashing the same story. 
If we sold him and didn’t make it an undisclosed fee (unlikely at Everton unless it’s a good deal for us) we would likely report it in a round figure and in Stirling. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

You know that makes no sense at all right, Rob?

Why would two companies in England do a deal in a foreign currency?

Its quoted in euros because it’s foreign journalists reporting it. No other reason than that. And then other journalists rehashing the same story. 
If we sold him and didn’t make it an undisclosed fee (unlikely at Everton unless it’s a good deal for us) we would likely report it in a round figure and in Stirling. 

Maybe, but 60m euros or £51m  quoted in articles I have read. £51M just seems a strange fee to have been be quoted in newspaper. So to me £60m sounds like original figure, be is agreed or just a reported figure, and £51m being said figure then converted to pound.

Its only a theory, as like you said rational thing would be just to do your business in pounds. 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm very worried that the Alli deal was structured the way it was as a pre-negotiation to this. 

That said, why would he go to Spurs? Its not much of a step up really. 

Well I understand where you are coming from but it’s definitely a step up at the moment from where we are now.

I would rather us keep our stars though and actually try and build something.

7 minutes ago, Btay said:

Well I understand where you are coming from but it’s definitely a step up at the moment from where we are now.

I would rather us keep our stars though and actually try and build something.

Spurs are constant nearly-rans,  prime example rich club. I don't see the appeal of them at all

16 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I’d love to be as nearly-ran as Spurs! Champions League this season - one of the best managers in world football - massive pull and miles ahead of us.

and a nice brand new shiny stadium that they are already making good use of beyond Spurs home match's. I think Spurs is prime example of the team who's footsteps we are aspiring to follow. I would take being a point or pound behind them!!!

14 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Maybe, but 60m euros or £51m  quoted in articles I have read. £51M just seems a strange fee to have been be quoted in newspaper. So to me £60m sounds like original figure, be is agreed or just a reported figure, and £51m being said figure then converted to pound.

Its only a theory, as like you said rational thing would be just to do your business in pounds. 

Or it’s a figure made up by a journalist that they think looks legit on their report? If the figure was £50m they might not want to put €59.2m. 

49 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Just can't abide the thought of us being easy meat for Levy.

Yeah, you know Levy will massively under value Richarlison, but at the very same time over value Winks. 

He is one cheeky fucker, but to be fair je has done a great job for Spurs overall. Wish our people in charge where sometimes a bit move Levy!! 

CL football will be a massive draw for Richy, so will be very difficult to stop him wanting to go to Spurs. 

54 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Yeah, you know Levy will massively under value Richarlison, but at the very same time over value Winks. 

He is one cheeky fucker, but to be fair je has done a great job for Spurs overall. Wish our people in charge where sometimes a bit move Levy!! 

CL football will be a massive draw for Richy, so will be very difficult to stop him wanting to go to Spurs. 

The reality there is if Spurs make the best offer to us then it’s not really Richie being undervalued. It would just be some of us overvaluing what the market will pay, given our situation. I think anything 50+ is pretty good business for us given everyone knows he wants to leave and we could use the funds. Very good player but He’s a bit short of being the world class guy that could demand 80m. 

31 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

The reality there is if Spurs make the best offer to us then it’s not really Richie being undervalued. It would just be some of us overvaluing what the market will pay, given our situation. I think anything 50+ is pretty good business for us given everyone knows he wants to leave and we could use the funds. Very good player but He’s a bit short of being the world class guy that could demand 80m. 

This is it. The reality is probably that he isnt a £50m player. His best attribute is his work rate and desire. The rest of his game isn't that great and nowhere near the best in the league. 

33 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Erm, no we do not. 
Some people are still believing every bit of click bait they read. 

He may well want to leave, but not one of us knows what he wants. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

Erm, no we do not. 
Some people are still believing every bit of click bait they read. 

He may well want to leave, but not one of us knows what he wants. 

We do though. Nevermind the general feeling before he said anything that he’d look for a move this summer . He was directly quoted as saying “when I talk about leaving a club..” etc.. which means he has talked about leaving our club. I suppose you could say they made up a direct quote but, barring that, he’s had those discussions. 

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

This is it. The reality is probably that he isnt a £50m player. His best attribute is his work rate and desire. The rest of his game isn't that great and nowhere near the best in the league. 

Yeah if he was a 10% better finisher and decision maker in the final third he’d be very special. As is he’s still a good well rounded winger who works very hard but not quite at that world class level