IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

17 minutes ago, Sacchi said:

Did he play? 

yes hes played plenty and is a ghost out there.  against lower tier euro sides like andorra and faroe islands he's a worldie, but against premier league competition he is shown to be slow and not quick enough to react.  he also doesn't bring as much of a pressing presence.  he needs to be sold.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

we've seen enough the last 2 seasons.  did he over the summer become ronaldo?  players don't change that much at his age.  

There are many players who can not score much in the first season in premier league. Manager doesnt gives chance to him. Yes he needs to be sold .Everton was wrong team. however, even if you transfer Ronaldo, this team cannot do anything with these tactics.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

It's an absolute bloodbath in the region.

And who do we have to thank for that? Donald Trump, what a surprise.

Didn't see the "salute" so can't comment but if that's right he needs to be disciplined somehow. The World is descending into a cesspool of nationalism as it is without sportsmen whipping it up further.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

And who do we have to thank for that? Donald Trump, what a surprise.

Didn't see the "salute" so can't comment but if that's right he needs to be disciplined somehow. The World is descending into a cesspool of nationalism as it is without sportsmen whipping it up further.

Sorry for that. Our country is really fucking up at the moment.

5 hours ago, Makis said:

That military salute should be enough to kick the him out of the club. Turks are killing kurds in Syria and those wankers are doing a military salute.

The salute is his celebration trademark, just like Cahill punching the corner flag. That he isn't scoring for us is another matter, but he's doing this for quite some time. It has nothing to do with the war.

The Kurds have been the allies of the west for years, helping with the fight against Iraq and more importantly one of the main players in the down fall of IS. 
I maybe wrong but it would seem that Trump deems there use is over and has given the green light to Turkey, to attack the Kurds based on events of the past and old grudges. 
And Turkeys President is using this opportunity in the hope that the Turkish people’s hate for the Kurds will make him once again popular in his country. 
Playing politics with peoples life’s is shocking but all too very common. 

On 13/10/2019 at 10:54, Matt said:

I’d still go with DCL and Kean, bring Tosun on once the defence has tired out 

On 13/10/2019 at 09:43, StevO said:

I’d start him and Kean against West Ham. 

If I was going to play with two up I would go with StevO on the basis that Tosun is a wiser footballer and more capable of reading the game and forming a partnership. 

DCL doesn't work well with another alongside him from what I have seen with him and Siggy. He gets in the way so unless you want long balls up to him to flick on I think it would be worth seeing if Kean is more switched on and can form a partnership.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If I was going to play with two up I would go with StevO on the basis that Tosun is a wiser footballer and more capable of reading the game and forming a partnership. 

DCL doesn't work well with another alongside him from what I have seen with him and Siggy. He gets in the way so unless you want long balls up to him to flick on I think it would be worth seeing if Kean is more switched on and can form a partnership.

But they don’t play together, so im not sure you can make that comparison. DCL is completely isolated, as is Siggy in the middle because we’re going down the wings too often before cutting back. 

Having someone alongside DCL with pace, ie Kean, would cause chaos. DCL always makes sure the CBs have been physically challenged with strength but no one is there to tire out the legs. I’d love a more direct approach at the moment because possession and wingers are not working  

Plus, Tosun is the better finisher. So when we finally do get the ball into the box, I’d trust his intelligence and finishing, and there’s a better chance of that if he’s going against tired legs. 

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

DCL works well getting flick ons for Walcott when we play counter. I wouldn't class Sigurdssen as he offers DCL very little to work with. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

But they don’t play together, so im not sure you can make that comparison. DCL is completely isolated, as is Siggy in the middle because we’re going down the wings too often before cutting back. 

Having someone alongside DCL with pace, ie Kean, would cause chaos. DCL always makes sure the CBs have been physically challenged with strength but no one is there to tire out the legs. I’d love a more direct approach at the moment because possession and wingers are not working  

Plus, Tosun is the better finisher. So when we finally do get the ball into the box, I’d trust his intelligence and finishing, and there’s a better chance of that if he’s going against tired legs. 

They do play together, practically on top of each other. DCL gets more isolated against the better sides but when we dominate the ball they play the same lines, I have watched them practically run into each other, they barely play a pass to each other all game. I know Siggy can play with others, so that leaves me to think that DCL is the one not reading the same cues. There are times when he looks like he has never played with his teammates, especially in those games we should win. 

Even the other week against City his tracking of the DM/CB was terrible in comparison to Siggy who was covering as many of the angles as he could.

Playing direct is all well and good, and it works against the better teams, and it will probably work against West Ham but you arent going to go to Burnley and win that battle.

I agree about Tosun and that's why I would use him with Kean.

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

DCL works well getting flick ons for Walcott when we play counter. I wouldn't class Sigurdssen as he offers DCL very little to work with. 

But what about when there is no space for a flick on against a packed defence, primarily when we struggle. I agree about that concept against decent sides who come to play. Having said that its worth noting that Siggy played in them games last season when we turned up and beat the big sides at home. I see it the other way round, DCL offers little for Siggy to work with, albeit Siggy isnt offering a lot to the rest of the team either.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

But what about when there is no space for a flick on against a packed defence, primarily when we struggle. I agree about that concept against decent sides who come to play. Having said that its worth noting that Siggy played in them games last season when we turned up and beat the big sides at home. I see it the other way round, DCL offers little for Siggy to work with, albeit Siggy isnt offering a lot to the rest of the team either.

Sigurdssen doesn't get the ball enough to offer DCL much. Only touches it half as much as others in his position, add to him being slow and the opportunity is lost before he can make the pass. Lots of the off ball by Walcott and DCL get missed because we simply aren't quick enough to get the ball to them when they're in good positions. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Sigurdssen doesn't get the ball enough to offer DCL much. Only touches it half as much as others in his position, add to him being slow and the opportunity is lost before he can make the pass. Lots of the off ball by Walcott and DCL get missed because we simply aren't quick enough to get the ball to them when they're in good positions. 

Siggy doesnt get the ball enough because of the way that Silva set his teams up when going forward. I honestly believe that he isn't intended to get on the ball that much. Rightly or wrongly.