IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

Well hopefully. We really need to lose this “if he wins this or loses this” mentality which is telling us whether or not he should be sacked. He’s 100% not the right guy for the job whether or not he beats Leicester or Liverpool. It’s this thought process which holds us back. Looking at arsenal from the outside, emery wasn’t the right guy. Progress wasn’t being made. Yes you can pick up the odd win but that shouldn’t distort the overall picture. People say Silva has been unlucky but he’s managed to win those games that were must win games to avoid a crisis. Those wins every now and again just before crisis point has kept him in the job longer than he should be.

1 hour ago, sydneyneil said:

Well hopefully. We really need to lose this “if he wins this or loses this” mentality which is telling us whether or not he should be sacked. He’s 100% not the right guy for the job whether or not he beats Leicester or Liverpool. It’s this thought process which holds us back. Looking at arsenal from the outside, emery wasn’t the right guy. Progress wasn’t being made. Yes you can pick up the odd win but that shouldn’t distort the overall picture. People say Silva has been unlucky but he’s managed to win those games that were must win games to avoid a crisis. Those wins every now and again just before crisis point has kept him in the job longer than he should be.

Emery inherited a bang average arsenal squad with top 4 expectations. Potch took Tottenham to a champions league final last season - I wouldn’t say both are the wrong guys - both are actually fantastic managers that have lost their jobs because the premiere league is the most competitive league. Leicester are on a very good run but take out a couple of key players to injury and I guarantee they are not where they are in the league right now.

14 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

We will wait until we are in the bottom three then before we start panicking? Is that the case? Oh it’s ok, Brands is here. The guy who did well in the same league that Steve McLaren won. This current set up will relegate us make no mistake

So we should get rid of the manager, we should get rid of the director of football, who else should we get rid of Neil? Should we get rid of the players too? And the board?

You can just change everyone because things haven’t gone to plan. 

The manager needs to go for now, that’s about it. But waiting a couple of games while they get the next guy lined up is worth the wait. 

16 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

We will wait until we are in the bottom three then before we start panicking? Is that the case? Oh it’s ok, Brands is here. The guy who did well in the same league that Steve McLaren won. This current set up will relegate us make no mistake

Yep also the same league that Guus Hiddink, Johan Cruyff and Louis Van Gaal managed in - all of which won many major trophies over their years as successful managers.

There is no logic in what you're saying.

17 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

By that logic the premier league is a shit league since Claudio Ranieri won it

17 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

It didnt last season, why this?

I've been banned from forums expressing my views over brands and silva. And that was before they signed all that shite. I wish they would both fuck off, so i can go back to watching my beloved team. 

26 minutes ago, Easterblue1975 said:

I've been banned from forums expressing my views over brands and silva. And that was before they signed all that shite. I wish they would both fuck off, so i can go back to watching my beloved team. 

Spout the same shite here as you did on NSNO and you won’t last long here either. 

32 minutes ago, Easterblue1975 said:

It’s ok to have an opinion mate, I just suggest explaining it rather than just a F off 😉 

23 hours ago, Shukes said:

It’s ok to have an opinion mate, I just suggest explaining it rather than just a F off 😉 

Hello! I just think we're getting the wrong calibre of players like too many that play the same game. It's kinda like watching a kids game, all over the place. I know the game has moved on but look back at the nineties, dark days weren't they? But most of the team back then really got stuck in and played for the shirt, the fans, the club. We even won silverware beating top clubs in the process. This lot won't know what a trophy looks like until it smacks them in the face. This is going to be my first season not going to goodison since 1989. (I've been everton since they found me in 1975) i love the club the fans are so real and always a pleasure to go. But i truly do not like this current team, manager and DOF. apologies for the F! P.s. maybe a new coach to play this team properly, one from the UK?, REGARDS, r.

I know what you mean. It’s a different mentality with the players on our team. But there are players like that still out there, they are playing for the better teams. 
I want our players to be desperate to win, I want to see them sweat blood up until that last whistle!

13 minutes ago, Easterblue1975 said:

The truth pisses you off too eh?

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I know what you mean. It’s a different mentality with the players on our team. But there are players like that still out there, they are playing for the better teams. 
I want our players to be desperate to win, I want to see them sweat blood up until that last whistle!

So hopefully this starts tomorrow. If we win we could be dammed. (Silva keeps his job) if we lose we're also dammed. Nature of the beast! But then losing could be a new start for us new manager to sort this lot out. The RS could actually do us a huge favour. But i just don't want us to lose this! 

21 minutes ago, Easterblue1975 said:

Hello! I just think we're getting the wrong calibre of players like too many that play the same game. It's kinda like watching a kids game, all over the place. I know the game has moved on but look back at the nineties, dark days weren't they? But most of the team back then really got stuck in and played for the shirt, the fans, the club. We even won silverware beating top clubs in the process. This lot won't know what a trophy looks like until it smacks them in the face. This is going to be my first season not going to goodison since 1989. (I've been everton since they found me in 1975) i love the club the fans are so real and always a pleasure to go. But i truly do not like this current team, manager and DOF. apologies for the F! P.s. maybe a new coach to play this team properly, one from the UK?, REGARDS, r.

Nostalgia is a great thing. The reality of the 90s was that we were run by a prick who appointed shite managers (including Kendall once the drink had taken its toll) and apart from Royle and the Dogs of War, we put out teams season after season that underachieved coz there were too many players who didn't have that winning mentality. Between about 96 and 99, I actually think we regularly had better squads on paper than we have now, but it was a car crash. 

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nah, but there are ways to go about it. This place is for the thinking Evertonians, not the confrontational knob head you were there. 

Look me ole mucker i don't know you and you don't know me! I can be a very nice person a bit feisty here and there but i look after my own and take care of those around me. I love this club and love footy. Iam heavily involved with our local youth teams (bloody hard work).but i cant stand this current set up of players and coaching staff at everton. It needs to change. R.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Needs to offload most of the crap he has signed so far

I don’t follow, other than Delph who has been shite?  Mina Gomes richarlison digne have all been fine overall.  Lossl was free and smart.  Sidibe is a loan and on the whole he’s been needed as we have no right sided players.  Kean the only question mark and he’s young and just got here.

brands isn’t the problem.  Walsh koeman Sam silva Martinez signings are the problem