IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

Found Digne last year and now lauded as a genius. Poor window last summer and now we are realising the failings of not finding a centre back and pinning your hopes on a 19 yr old kid who played 13 games last season.

Is there anything you are happy about Neil? Not many around as negative as you at the moment mate. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Is there anything you are happy about Neil? Not many around as negative as you at the moment mate. 

Mate I get so pissed off. It honestly ruins my week. Regularly. I am full of hope, betting on us to get in the top 6 with all my mates (living in Sydney, I have a lot more diverse fans than just Liverpool fans, like back at home!) and then its just groundhog day of bang average. Mina and Keane don't work. We knew that before the window ended. Who didnt? but we hoped it would just work out fine.

This was Brands priority along with a striker. He had all season. The only other centre half we bid for was Rojo! That's a joke I'm afraid. It is going to cost us. 5 games in and we have DCL up front because we have thrown our hopes on a 19 year old forward who may come good but from what Ive seen, is far away from being a Callum Wilson, for example, a proven PL striker.  And we have Mina and Keane centre backs with no other options but a championship centre half. It stinks Steve of a club who tell us they have aspirations of breaking into the top 6. And they show that how??? It's basic errors that we pacify as we are used to mediocrity. Listen, it looks like we have zero chance of breaking into it this year, which was the best opportunity we were going to get and we will finish in the 8th-10th spots. Allardyce got us 8th!. That's how bad it is. But fans are hoodwinked into thinking that we are progressing when in reality, we have another season in transition before we fail in another window and our best players get sold and then it rolls on and on again....

And then I read that Brands goes round to Delphs house and we think he's some sort of legend. Easily pleased that's all I can say.

6 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

Mate I get so pissed off. It honestly ruins my week. Regularly. I am full of hope, betting on us to get in the top 6 with all my mates (living in Sydney, I have a lot more diverse fans than just Liverpool fans, like back at home!) and then its just groundhog day of bang average. Mina and Keane don't work. We knew that before the window ended. Who didnt? but we hoped it would just work out fine.

This was Brands priority along with a striker. He had all season. The only other centre half we bid for was Rojo! That's a joke I'm afraid. It is going to cost us. 5 games in and we have DCL up front because we have thrown our hopes on a 19 year old forward who may come good but from what Ive seen, is far away from being a Callum Wilson, for example, a proven PL striker.  And we have Mina and Keane centre backs with no other options but a championship centre half. It stinks Steve of a club who tell us they have aspirations of breaking into the top 6. And they show that how??? It's basic errors that we pacify as we are used to mediocrity. Listen, it looks like we have zero chance of breaking into it this year, which was the best opportunity we were going to get and we will finish in the 8th-10th spots. Allardyce got us 8th!. That's how bad it is. But fans are hoodwinked into thinking that we are progressing when in reality, we have another season in transition before we fail in another window and our best players get sold and then it rolls on and on again....

And then I read that Brands goes round to Delphs house and we think he's some sort of legend. Easily pleased that's all I can say.

I’m not going to argue with that on the players not brought in, but I do believe Iwobi could prove to be a very good signing and there’s a lot who would like to have Richarlison in their team, I could go on about another one or two but my point is there are more pluses than just Digne. 

But your absolutely right to be pissed of with the results of two of our games, completely dire in every sense from the management to the players. 

7 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

I just disagree mate. I don’t see how anyone can have their mind made up on a team after games. 
We don’t know what other centre halves we put buds in for, we only know what rumours were out there. 
I agree it’s not all rosey, but if we beat Bournemouth and went level with City would you still say we had no chance at the top six? One game doesn’t make or break a season for us. We will lose games. If we lose three or four on the bounce then fair enough, but it’s too early for all this. 

16 hours ago, StevO said:

I just disagree mate. I don’t see how anyone can have their mind made up on a team after games. 
We don’t know what other centre halves we put buds in for, we only know what rumours were out there. 
I agree it’s not all rosey, but if we beat Bournemouth and went level with City would you still say we had no chance at the top six? One game doesn’t make or break a season for us. We will lose games. If we lose three or four on the bounce then fair enough, but it’s too early for all this. 

I can see where you're coming from Steve. I'm self aware enough to know that I get far too emotional and negative sometimes. For me though, it isn't just the Bournemouth game. Ive not been impressed with us in any game. Wolves was a scraped win as was Watford and Lincoln. I dont think we have played particularly well in any game yet this season. I agree Iwobi may prove to be a decent signing, I like his attitude and his direct play so maybe I'm being too harsh on Brands but lets see what we look like December time.

13 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

I can see where you're coming from Steve. I'm self aware enough to know that I get far too emotional and negative sometimes. For me though, it isn't just the Bournemouth game. Ive not been impressed with us in any game. Wolves was a scraped win as was Watford and Lincoln. I dont think we have played particularly well in any game yet this season. I agree Iwobi may prove to be a decent signing, I like his attitude and his direct play so maybe I'm being too harsh on Brands but lets see what we look like December time.

I hope you feel better soon Neil. It can be hard work supporting Everton!

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BedfordBlue said:

Are people still impressed with brands we signed lots of very average players and are a far worse team than Last season. We are going backwards 

delph and lossl are the only average signings and they are meant for depth so that makes sense.  gomes is a nice signing, brands has nothing to do with him hurting his ribs.  kean is a  nice signing, you have sadly written him off already.  sidibe is a loan, he's been good when he's played and he's nice depth.  where are the backwards signings?  Mina looks class.  give us a better argument