IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

35 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

exactly, he will either leave for more playing time, or happily accept his 120k a week and be a role player for us.  injuries and suspensions happen, and we have a manager who hopefully will take the cups serious.  i would like gylfi to stay as well.

Kinda contradicted yourself there

14 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

exactly, he will either leave for more playing time, or happily accept his 120k a week and be a role player for us.  injuries and suspensions happen, and we have a manager who hopefully will take the cups serious.  i would like gylfi to stay as well.

My feelings on Gylfi is if we can move him on then do so. I have no malice towards him, he is good at what he does, unfortunately we (and most other clubs now) don't really have the luxury to best accommodate a player like him in the team set up, and the bigger problem is not particularly adaptable to other positions within a team. He is just the wrong age to try and mould in to something he isn't.

I would rather see time and effort in developing Iwobi in this area of the pitch. I know he has come in for some stick, but its not his fault but he has come here with that dreaded 'price tag' hanging over him (bit like Gylfi). There is no doubt we did overpay for him, but he is definitely a work in progress rather than a finished article or indeed a lost cause.  He has had his bedding in season now (in a bloody poor team to be fair!!) so I am hopeful to see him kick on this season, in what is hopefully a better team behind him. I read a good article on him yesterday - a lot his 'numbers' where actually quite good, especially in playing the ball forward department - he has a fair amount of assist assists, which tend to go quietly unnoticed.

I have said it on may occasions I think our forward playing players will all benefit massively this coming season with a stronger and more dynamic midfield at the heart of the team. Fingers crossed

The Press is out to get us already.  ESPN saying these 3 signings are “weird” because 2 are Former players. Saying we’d have to build the whole team around James to get him to work.  Saying Allan is past it (isn’t he only 29???), but saying doucoure could Be good if he regains former form.

fuck em.  They are just mad plucky little Everton has some gumption.

I don't mind being 'weird' -  as I have not got a problem with the team revolving around James as the focal/pivot point if Ancelotti can get anywhere near what he as gotten out of him previously - why wouldn't you build around him.

Napoli wanted £60M for Allan last summer,but PSG where only willing to pay £45M, 12 months later I am happy to see him coming at here at 29 years of age for around £20M. you don't deteriorate that much between 28 and 29.

image.thumb.png.ceaada31bdc67df14a9f48be0697d7f5.png

26 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't mind being 'weird' -  as I have not got a problem with the team revolving around James as the focal/pivot point if Ancelotti can get anywhere near what he as gotten out of him previously - why wouldn't you build around him.

Napoli wanted £60M for Allan last summer,but PSG where only willing to pay £45M, 12 months later I am happy to see him coming at here at 29 years of age for around £20M. you don't deteriorate that much between 28 and 29.

image.thumb.png.ceaada31bdc67df14a9f48be0697d7f5.png

im with you, just the annual "everton can't have nice things" media blitz

1 hour ago, jofanon said:

Do people think our business is done after James, Doucoure and Allan?

I think that will depend on who we manage to move on - one eye has to be on FFP these days, so clubs like us can't continually spend money - even if we wanted to!! It's not like the old days when clubs can simply be bank rolled to make them great again. This is a whole argument in itself.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

If we shift  Gylfi, Bolasie, Sandro, Besic then that's over 300k wages a week. Dont really care what we get for them just need them off the books.

If even throw in bernard to that list @120k a week.

if we announce a triple signing like this we could have some serious momentum coming into the end of the window that could push a few big deals through - even if they are only loans.

5 hours ago, jofanon said:

Do people think our business is done after James, Doucoure and Allan?

No we need to strengthen the defence so I can see a defender or two coming in and a keeper. 
I can’t see Ancelotti leaving that part of team untouched we shipped far to many goals last season, and we lack pace at the back. 

I'd agree, striker and midfield wise I think we're fine for now, defensively we're short, even if Kenny is rated enough to get a go with Coleman at right back and the other lad we brought in on the left is suitable backup we saw at the end of last season how short we were on centre backs.  Mina has his fair share of injuries and we don't really have anyone to step in if 2 of them got injured.

Unlike many i'm happy to give Pickford another season but a quality second choice who you could throw in to make him realise he can't coast along would definitely be good.

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

If we shift  Gylfi, Bolasie, Sandro, Besic then that's over 300k wages a week. Dont really care what we get for them just need them off the books.

Id guess any deals for gylfi, bolasi, sandro and Bernard would see us pay a portion of their wages until their present deals are up. 

5 hours ago, London Blue said:

Now that would be something, but I fear that won’t happen until their contracts expire sadly 

18 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I think sandro, and bolasie will go on loan so at their wages are off the books and we might get a small fee. Gylfi and Besic will be sold I imagine. 

I doubt that. They’re being paid that much that we’d have to at least pay some of their wages to make even loan moves viable. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

All 3 of these signings taking forever makes me think that we are a difficult club to work with. 

Everything is speculation. We as fans are always inpatient but you genuinely can’t say that. If the club had come out and said it would be all done in 48 hrs that would be different but they obviously can’t say anything until it’s signed, sealed and delivered. I’ve certainly no idea of the intricate details that need to be resolved and being involved in signing three at one time probably does slow things down. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It should be noted that this is only for the Premier League and not Europe. Obviously we would have to get into Europe first but they are two different sets of regs.

by next year those big wage earners will all disappear from the books.  bolasie sandro besic walcott pennington virginia all come off the books next summer.  just in time for europa if we have a good campaign.