IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

35 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

by next year those big wage earners will all disappear from the books.  bolasie sandro besic walcott pennington virginia all come off the books next summer.  just in time for europa if we have a good campaign.  

I'd be surprised if Virginia is on anything other than a youth contract, I'd be shocked if he's on anything close to or above £25,000p/w. I'd say that Mattew Pennington is the same, probably on more because he's made first team appearances, but wouldn't have been in a position to bargain a big deal considering he didn't string a ton of games together, I'd again be surprised if he's on anything more than £40,000p/w. 

Bolasie, Besic, Sandro and Walcott will be on big deals however, all bar Besic probably into six figures a week. 

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'd be surprised if Virginia is on anything other than a youth contract, I'd be shocked if he's on anything close to or above £25,000p/w. I'd say that Mattew Pennington is the same, probably on more because he's made first team appearances, but wouldn't have been in a position to bargain a big deal considering he didn't string a ton of games together, I'd again be surprised if he's on anything more than £40,000p/w. 

Bolasie, Besic, Sandro and Walcott will be on big deals however, all bar Besic probably into six figures a week. 

i concur, i was just listing all those outta contract, pretty sure we all know which ones were the high earners.  it will be another great summer to shed salary/contracts.  the year after that is another banner year.  good times are ahead!

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/everton-fc/payroll/

Latest figures (from the same source as Shukes but updated). 

Most arent on as much as believed to be. In fact combined and bar Walcott they will probably be as much as Rodríguez.

I'd also expect Walcott to sign an extension at some stage so I wouldnt expect to see him off the books just yet.

I'm very surprised By Pickford's wage. He would have been on buttons at Sunderland to then be paid £100k here. 

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Most arent on as much as believed to be. In fact combined and bar Walcott they will probably be as much as Rodríguez.

I'd also expect Walcott to sign an extension at some stage so I wouldnt expect to see him off the books just yet.

I'm very surprised By Pickford's wage. He would have been on buttons at Sunderland to then be paid £100k here. 

Steve Walsh take a bow.  

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think Pickford’s earnings reflect his cost so doesn’t really surprise me that much. 

Squad depth

gk - Pickford, lossl

lb - digne, nkounkou

rb - Coleman, kenny

cb - keane, branthwaite

cb - holgate, mina

dm - Allan, gbamin

cm - Gomes, doucoure, davies

lm - james, bernard, Gylfi

rm - Walcott, iwobi, Gordon

s - richarlison, DCL, kean

thats 24.  Loan/sell the rest.  Great depth and competition for places (except GK). 

Good summary Mark. Here's a similar summary taken from official website as Marcel wants 23 players - 3 gks, 8 def, 6 mid, 6 fwd. This doesn't account for Doucoure or any other transfers we'd like to see. Just analyzing where we are at the moment. 

Squad:

GK: Pickford, Lossl, JVirginia
DEF: Holgate, Keane, Mina, Branthwaite, Digne, Nkounkou, Coleman, Kenny
MID:  Allan, Gbamin, Andre, Davies, Delph, Siggy, Besic, Beni
FWD: Richarlison, DCL, Walcott, Tosun, James, Bernard, Kean, Bolasie, Gordon, Sandro

Players to sell not on official website: Pennington, Connolly

GK and DEF settled (sounds like Tomori is coming in to give Branthwaite a loan). MID settled with sales of Besic, Beni and one of Delph/Siggy (or both when Doucoure is announced). FWD settled with sales of Tosun, Bolasie, Sandro and Gordon loan. As you suggest Mark I'd like to see us have 24 with Gordon being that extra player. 

Need to sell: Connolly, Pennington, Beni, Besic, Delph/Siggy, Tosun, Bolasie, Sandro, 
Need to loan: Gibson, Branthwaite, Simms, Broadhead, Adeniran

IN: Allan, James, Doucoure
OUT: Schneiderlin, Hornby, Baines (retired), Dowell
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Markelo

YOUTH: Nkounkou
YOUTH pro deals: Markelo, Ouzounidis, Quirk, Kristensen, McAllister, Hagan, Onyango
CONTRACT EXT: Branthwaite, Keane, Gordon

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Stekelenberg(Ajax) , Niasse, Martina, Garbutt, Feeney (Sunderland), Denny (Salford), Foulds, Adedoyin, Mampala, Phillips (Huddersfield)

“Why does everything take so long. Everton are muppets, always getting skinned in deals and leaving it to the last minute. Have to sell to buy. What’s Brands doing.” Yadda fucking yadda. 

£70m on 3 excellent signings in the areas we needed within a week and before the season starts. Pipe the fuck down, whiners. 

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

“Why does everything take so long. Everton are muppets, always getting skinned in deals and leaving it to the last minute. Have to sell to buy. What’s Brands doing.” Yadda fucking yadda. 

£70m on 3 excellent signings in the areas we needed within a week and before the season starts. Pipe the fuck down, whiners. 

Calm down you nutter, I haven’t seen anyone whining, be happy Matt 😉😀

Its nice to feel we now have more players who should get goals this season. Last season the pressure was on Dom and Richy, now we have 2 midfielders in James and Doucoure who should contribute to putting the ball in the net. 

Even if those 2 add just 10 between them, that could be the difference between Europe or not. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Hell of a summer.  Well done brands carlo and credit truly needs to be given to moshiri.  Down year financially, covid, years of shit transfers and sales, and he STILL will spend close to 100m.  Like him or not he’s trying his best to put us into a winning position.

I think we’ve just spent over £50 million personally. Makes you really wonder we were thinking with £45 million for Gylfi. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Big thing now Is wages. Walcott, bolasie, Gylfi, Delph & Sandro would be 25million alone. Add in bernard at its probably 30+.

With us I think this will always the biggest issue. I think it said we have the worst turnover to wages ratio in the league. 

Schneiderlin would have been on a few quid so at least that is one out the way but there is plenty of other dead wood that needs to go before we start making that ratio look a bit better!