IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Personally think a lot of people are getting (justifiably) greedy. This has been an excellent window regardless 

I think as Rom said, it would be a shame given the start we have had and the momentum with us, if we didn't try and push this advantage home.

A back up keeper to really put the pressure on Pickford now seems very likely, so that is one key position addressed - let Pickford know he has become droppable - he will either sink or swim then, another keeper breathing down his neck might be the making of him. 

Another 'bench' striker would be a welcome bonus, as we are a light (although we do tend to forget about Tosun) .

In the words of Gordon Gekko " greed is good' 😂

You are right though, this has been excellent whatever happens today. 

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Personally think a lot of people are getting (justifiably) greedy. This has been an excellent window regardless 

agreed, niels james doucoure allan godfrey is a hell of a haul, and only spent 70m.  we spent well and bought for now and the future.  in previous regimes we would spend that on 2 players alone!  

i'm very happy as is.

Would have preferred either Romero or Gazzaniga, but I guess you can't blame Spur or Man U for not wanting to make us stronger. But at least its giving Pickford a clear message - you need to cut out the mistakes or your on the bench. 

I expect a permanent keeper might be high on Ancelloti's radar in the next couple of windows.

3 minutes ago, c1982 said:

If we did move Walcott AND Bernard on (disregarding Bolasie and Sandro as not being registered even if they stay) then it is my understanding that we could still sign King or other players from the football league until 15th October (5pm)... is that right?

I was thinking that - The best of the football league will be still available to balance the squad if needed, and January is not a million miles away. 

Bernard's wages are a luxury at the report £140k a week.

I trust Ancelloti and Brands will do what is needed. 

4 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I was thinking that - The best of the football league will be still available to balance the squad if needed, and January is not a million miles away. 

Bernard's wages are a luxury at the report £140k a week.

I trust Ancelloti and Brands will do what is needed. 

Brands gave him the deal 😢

40 minutes ago, c1982 said:

If we did move Walcott AND Bernard on (disregarding Bolasie and Sandro as not being registered even if they stay) then it is my understanding that we could still sign King or other players from the football league until 15th October (5pm)... is that right?

Yeah, there's an extension for buying and selling EFL players until the 15th, so we'll still be able to purchase from the lower leagues if anyone fits the bill. 

I didn't realise with it being deadline day, but we're in October already so there really isn't that far to go until the January window when you think about it - long enough if you've had a shite window don't get me wrong, but short enough to double check any "maybe" transfers. 

58 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Manchester United scared of little Everton? 

You love to see it. 

Youd think they see us as a threat, but their board must be really hard to work with. Nobody wants to sell them players and nobody seems to be able to buy theirs. That clubs only going one way long term and it doesn't look good for them. 

29 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Youd think they see us as a threat, but their board must be really hard to work with. Nobody wants to sell them players and nobody seems to be able to buy theirs. That clubs only going one way long term and it doesn't look good for them. 

agreed, class of 92 and sir alex were once in a century type happenings for them.  they won't make europe this year and will be facing financial ruin due to losses, shareholders, and i can see mass player exodus to make up for it.  glazers have them leveraged to the hilt.

as for everton, i'm confident a striker like josh king is coming, or carlo is ok with sandro/tosun when he's healthy.  DCL has been very healthy and doesn't seem to injure easily (he's no mccarthy).

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed, class of 92 and sir alex were once in a century type happenings for them.  they won't make europe this year and will be facing financial ruin due to losses, shareholders, and i can see mass player exodus to make up for it.  glazers have them leveraged to the hilt.

as for everton, i'm confident a striker like josh king is coming, or carlo is ok with sandro/tosun when he's healthy.  DCL has been very healthy and doesn't seem to injure easily (he's no mccarthy).

Sandro has scored 3 league goals in 4 years, he won't play for Everton again. Real Valladolid and Huesca are interested in him but only on a free, it wouldn't surprise me at all if over the coming days his contact was mutually terminated, allowing him to move back to Spain. 

You've got more chance of Carlo ringing you personally than Sandro being in an Everton shirt. 

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Sandro has scored 3 league goals in 4 years, he won't play for Everton again. Real Valladolid and Huesca are interested in him but only on a free, it wouldn't surprise me at all if over the coming days his contact was mutually terminated, allowing him to move back to Spain. 

You've got more chance of Carlo ringing you personally than Sandro being in an Everton shirt. 

Hello Zoo? Carlo here....

On 25/09/2020 at 09:34, AlbanyNYToffee said:

IN: Nkounkou, Allan, James, Doucoure, Godfrey
OUT: Schneiderlin, Hornby, Baines (retired), Dowell, Sandro, Walcott (loan then contract ends)
LOAN IN: Olsen
LOAN OUT: Markelo, Gibson, Adeniran, Kean

YOUTH: 
YOUTH pro deals: Markelo, Ouzounidis, Quirk, Kristensen, McAllister, Hagan, Onyango, Kouyate, Whitaker, Welch
CONTRACT EXT: Branthwaite, Keane, Gordon, J Virginia

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Stekelenberg(Ajax), Niasse, Martina, Garbutt (Blackpool), Feeney (Sunderland), Denny (Salford), Foulds, Adedoyin (Sheff Wed), Mampala, Phillips (Huddersfield)

updated for you with Godfrey in, Sandro and Walcott out, olsen loaned in.  hope to see more outgoings in the coming days to lower league english sides

Thank you @markjazzbassist  

IN: Nkounkou, Allan, James, Doucoure, Godfrey
OUT: Schneiderlin, Hornby, Baines (retired), Dowell, Sandro, Walcott (loan then contract ends)
LOAN IN: Olsen
LOAN OUT: Markelo, Gibson, Adeniran, Kean

YOUTH: Jagne
YOUTH pro deals: Markelo, Ouzounidis, Quirk, Kristensen, McAllister, Hagan, Onyango, Kouyate, Whitaker, Welch, Price
CONTRACT EXT: Branthwaite, Keane, Gordon, J Virginia

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Stekelenberg(Ajax), Niasse, Martina, Garbutt (Blackpool), Feeney (Sunderland), Denny (Salford), Foulds, Adedoyin (Sheff Wed), Mampala, Phillips (Huddersfield)

Hopefully Lossl and J Virginia both go out on loan. Lossl could be sold. With Godfrey in would be nice to get Branthwaite out playing as well. Still have Besic, Beni, Bolasie, Connolly, Pennington, Broadhead, and Bowler who need new clubs. If we're looking for an attacker Josh King, Benrahama or Deeney can still be brought in. Hopefully we're not done yet. 

20 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The only one I don’t get is Olsen but I have complete faith in the Don, so I will be happy to be proved wrong ( as normal )

I think we’re after Romero, but Utd wouldn’t let him go to us. Either way another Int keeper coming in should put a rocket up Jordan’s arse.

Been an amazing transfer window. Brought it some quality player in the right areas of the pitch, and without having to break the bank and paying sensible wages (in football terms).

What has been really interesting is listening to what wages other clubs are paying their players. I think our highest paid players are on between £100K and £140k, which is unbelievable money - and we talk about the high earners on the books.  But we are still a tier or two down on what the 'Top 6 clubs' (to which we are trying to break in to and compete with) are willing and able to pay their top players. 

When you hear that a fringe player like Loftus Cheeks on £150K WTF!!! can that be right? Are Spur really paying Bale £300k a week wages (half his wages!!). Arsenal just bought Partey and his wage will be around £250K - so one player coming in on near double our highest earner and this is just scratching the surface of what these teams are paying the majority of their player. Cavani +£200K a week. 

We are still nowhere near being able to operating in the same transfer market as all the top 6 teams, all of those teams simply operate to a different financial metric than us.  

The sorts of wages that others are paying really put in perspective how well Brands and Co have done in getting in some genuine quality players this summer.