IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

The Echo report that we're not actively looking bring a striker in because we have Tosun, Walcott and Simms... then a few hours later report that we're in talks to let Walcott go. They really know fuck all :lol:.

I really hope we move walcott on. He’s got very little technical ability or tactical presence. Much rather see bolasie in his role because at least he would bust his ass for the team for 15 minutes.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Would much rather see Bernard than either of them. He’s a terrier and can buy fouls. 

I agree Bernard’s ahead in the pecking order. I’m still kind of baffled by walcott coming on in the game before both bernard and Gordon. 

To be clear I’d rather see Bolasie as our 4th back up winger - Iwobi, Gordon/Bernard then Bolasie if we are desperate.

20 minutes ago, Btay said:

I agree Bernard’s ahead in the pecking order. I’m still kind of baffled by walcott coming on in the game before both bernard and Gordon. 

To be clear I’d rather see Bolasie as our 4th back up winger - Iwobi, Gordon/Bernard then Bolasie if we are desperate.

I know what you mean - both lower down the pecking order than Bernard or Gordon. So not worth keeping both Walcott and Bolasie. If we can't off load Bolasie, then move Walcott on if possible as not a great deal in the quality between the pair of them. 

Ideal world get both off the books. 

I also thought it strange Walcott came on rather than Gordon or Bernard. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The Echo report that we're not actively looking bring a striker in because we have Tosun, Walcott and Simms... then a few hours later report that we're in talks to let Walcott go. They really know fuck all :lol:.

I wouldn't mind a blag but they can't even do that right. All they have to do is read their last journalist's report from the post match conference to see that Carlo stated we are working on Singings (more than 1)!

2 hours ago, Btay said:

I really hope we move walcott on. He’s got very little technical ability or tactical presence. Much rather see bolasie in his role because at least he would bust his ass for the team for 15 minutes.

I’d rather play with 10 men than have that clown anywhere near the pitch. If I wanted to watch someone run about I’d go and watch athletics.

We play football and he’s a shit footballer. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’d rather play with 10 men than have that clown anywhere near the pitch. If I wanted to watch someone run about I’d go and watch athletics.

We play football and he’s a shit footballer. 

If he wasn't on the pitch on Saturday one of our other players wouldnt have assumed that he was going to move his legs and at least try and stop bousouma having half an hour to watch the ball bounce, knee it up and volley it.  Probably would have saved a goal. ...

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

If he wasn't on the pitch on Saturday one of our other players wouldnt have assumed that he was going to move his legs and at least try and stop bousouma having half an hour to watch the ball bounce, knee it up and volley it.  Probably would have saved a goal. ...

That doesn't mean Bolasie is a viable option though. I'd still have Walcott before him every single time, but Walcott will actually have clubs after him unlike good old Yannick.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

That doesn't mean Bolasie is a viable option though. I'd still have Walcott before him every single time, but Walcott will actually have clubs after him unlike good old Yannick.

Bolassie is gone from what I gather.  Carlo has told him as much ....

Walcott & bolassie out = one coming in... That one person would need to maybe play striker or wing.......

Zaha maybe ..... If does make sense. Whatever you think of him he's better than the other 2. 

42 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I've been really impressed with the board this window, it's been like no other. Firstly we were linked to Hojberg, when we realised that wasn't a possibility we quickly moved on to Allan/Doucoure.

And today we sign Godfrey after trying to get in Tomori/Zouma, but won't wait around until last minute for an answer from Chelsea. 

We've gone about this window with real intent and not mucked about until last minute. So unlike Everton. I'm not sure if this is Carlo's doing or not but its really nice to see this change.

i'm not sure we wanted hojberg, could have been agent justifying higher fee/wages with spurs using us.  

we've spent

0 James

20m Doucoure

25m Godfrey

25m Allan

70m and brought in 3 excellent players and 1 young up and comer.  that is great business.

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Bolassie is gone from what I gather.  Carlo has told him as much ....

Walcott & bolassie out = one coming in... That one person would need to maybe play striker or wing.......

Zaha maybe ..... If does make sense. Whatever you think of him he's better than the other 2. 

He's been told he has no place here, quite rightly, but that doesn't mean he's gone. I can see him still being here due to lack of interest.

I hope he goes, I hope Walcott goes, I hope a few more go with them and we sign another winger and a striker. I don't see the winger being Zaha no matter my opinion of him, I think it's too late in the window and Hodgson has said as such.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

He's been told he has no place here, quite rightly, but that doesn't mean he's gone. I can see him still being here due to lack of interest.

I hope he goes, I hope Walcott goes, I hope a few more go with them and we sign another winger and a striker. I don't see the winger being Zaha no matter my opinion of him, I think it's too late in the window and Hodgson has said as such.

If he gets bolassie in exchange and maybe Davies or another player on the fringes then.... Who knows. I do love this day. Especially when I'm happy with business already done. 

Its actually been that long since I have seen Bolasie play to be honest. Can't remember how effective or ineffective he really was either going forward or supporting back (compared to Walcott). 

How about Zaha come in and Bolasie goes back to Palace - sorted :). I can dream!!.

At best, think we might get a bench warming striker and bench warming keeper (to keep us going until next summer) and maybe off load a couple of deadwood players. 

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Its actually been that long since I have seen Bolasie play to be honest. Can't remember how effective or ineffective he really was either going forward or supporting back (compared to Walcott). 

How about Zaha come in and Bolasie goes back to Palace - sorted :). I can dream!!.

At best, think we might get a bench warming striker and bench warming keeper (to keep us going until next summer) and maybe off load a couple of deadwood players. 

You missed him in the preseason game? Some very good moments followed by missing an open goal from a yard out, and being largely anonymous bar passing to their players in our half. It was the perfect summary of him. Very nice guy, some very nice tricks, mostly awful play. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I had forgotten about Tosun. I would class him as a poacher and that is the position DCL has mastered so far this season. He might be an option, albeit I'm not convinced!

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

I've been really impressed with the board this window, it's been like no other. Firstly we were linked to Hojberg, when we realised that wasn't a possibility we quickly moved on to Allan/Doucoure.

And today we sign Godfrey after trying to get in Tomori/Zouma, but won't wait around until last minute for an answer from Chelsea. 

We've gone about this window with real intent and not mucked about until last minute. So unlike Everton. I'm not sure if this is Carlo's doing or not but its really nice to see this change.

It would surprise me if Carlo has focused Brand's mind somewhat!

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

You missed him in the preseason game? Some very good moments followed by missing an open goal from a yard out, and being largely anonymous bar passing to their players in our half. It was the perfect summary of him. Very nice guy, some very nice tricks, mostly awful play. 

i did see that, but never take much notice of pre-season games to be honest. glorified training so take any performances, good or bad, with a pinch of salt - Don't get me wrong, I am not championing Bolaise in any shape or form. Prefer him to be moved on. 

20 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

i did see that, but never take much notice of pre-season games to be honest. glorified training so take any performances, good or bad, with a pinch of salt - Don't get me wrong, I am not championing Bolaise in any shape or form. Prefer him to be moved on. 

I meant more that even in the most pressure-free environment against poor opposition he managed to fluff his lines. He absolutely cannot be considered any kind of backup. 

50 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Three keepers being linked to push Pickford: Place your bets!!! I hope its Romero - other two sound as if they would be a liability. 

image.png.a57148661d7ae598d3a65e21b8848c2c.png

The lad from Spurs seemed ok when he played last season. But haven’t seen enough of him to want him. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If he gets bolassie in exchange and maybe Davies or another player on the fringes then.... Who knows. I do love this day. Especially when I'm happy with business already done. 

That last part is spot on. Anything that happens today is just the icing on the cake. We've had a spectacular window. Maybe the best in all of Europe. 

All of a sudden we're looking a little thin in the 'creative' positions - assuming Walcott and Bernard go. Not including Sandro or Bolasie.

Pickford Lossl JVirginia

Coleman Kenny

Holgate Keane Mina Godfrey Branthwaite

Digne Nkounkou

Allan Delph Gbamin Besic 

Doucoure Gomes Siggy Davies Beni

James Iwobi Gordon

Richarlison DCL Tosun

Good news is this would indicate alot of faith in Gordon. Definitely need cover for DCL/Richarlison though. 

15 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

All of a sudden we're looking a little thin in the 'creative' positions - assuming Walcott and Bernard go. Not including Sandro or Bolasie.

Pickford Lossl JVirginia

Coleman Kenny

Holgate Keane Mina Godfrey Branthwaite

Digne Nkounkou

Allan Delph Gbamin Besic 

Doucoure Gomes Siggy Davies Beni

James Iwobi Gordon

Richarlison DCL Tosun

Good news is this would indicate alot of faith in Gordon. Definitely need cover for DCL/Richarlison though. 

i think if you look formation wise this is what we got

Pickford, Virginia, Lossl

Coleman, Kenny              Keane, Holgate               Mina, Godfrey                Digne, Niels

Allan, Delph

Doucoure, Gylfi                                    Gomes, Davies

James, Iwobi                                      DCL, Tosun                     Richarlison, Gordon

i expect besic, branthwaite, beni, etc to be sold or loaned (branthwaite loan for sure).  currently we are 2 deep, obviously striker tosun being the backup is weak.  also iwobi isn't exactly the creative force james is.  but still we look ok if nothing else happens.  who knows, tosun might turn out to be our Ole coming on 70' each match.  he's turned around plenty of other players!