IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

Just now, London Blue said:

Grealsih and Barkley could make an effective combination for Villa. Don't get me wrong I think we have outgrown Barkley, but in that Villa team I can see him being a threat, if he has learnt to look up!! 

Think Barkley would do better than Gomes in the advanced position.

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Think Barkley would do better than Gomes in the advanced position.

Gomes has a much better football brain, read of the game, and range of passing, Barkley is a better dribbler. Gomes, while his best position is in central midfield is a better attacking midfielder than Ross as he can look up and does not run down blind ally's like Ross does.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

He always held on to it too long, wouldn’t work with the style we play. Gomes definitely the better option 

He's a strange one, all that natural talent but goes to pot when he thinks about it. Although back then he only really had Lukaku to aim for so if that pass wasn't on he got caught out. With the extra options we have now I think he'd get the pass or shot away before overthinking it. More I think about it, the more I'd be happy to have him back.

Playing with James might even help him learn what to when he does have that extra time on the ball. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He's a strange one, all that natural talent but goes to pot when he thinks about it. Although back then he only really had Lukaku to aim for so if that pass wasn't on he got caught out. With the extra options we have now I think he'd get the pass or shot away before overthinking it. More I think about it, the more I'd be happy to have him back.

Playing with James might even help him learn what to when he does have that extra time on the ball. 

Honestly, I’m indifferent about him. Don’t like the way he/his agent played the club, don’t care about his personal antics, and on his day he was very good. But we’re way passed him now. 

3 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Move to Chelsea working out well, Ross.

He does have two winners medals and two runners up medals now. 

It might not quite have gone how he would have wanted but he has won more there than he would have here.

In respect of Villa, I have no idea how this will work out. Him and Grealish are very similar and while it may work out well in attack, neither are that arsed about defending. 

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

It might not quite have gone how he would have wanted but he has won more there than he would have here.

In respect of Villa, I have no idea how this will work out. Him and Grealish are very similar and while it may work out well in attack, neither are that arsed about defending. 

I can see Grealish playing slightly wider and drifting more similar to Richarlison without the goals😀

On 30/09/2020 at 19:34, Bailey said:

Get that but after 2 years, out in the cold? Never a Chelsea star either.

Please, please, please can we go in for André Onana? Ajax have confirmed that they have a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for ''the right price'' and he himself has stated that he is ready to move on. A 23 year old with bags of potential who has been insane for Ajax since leaving FC Barcelona and was part of the squad that made the semi-final of the UEFA Champions League. 

58 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Please, please, please can we go in for André Onana? Ajax have confirmed that they have a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for ''the right price'' and he himself has stated that he is ready to move on. A 23 year old with bags of potential who has been insane for Ajax since leaving FC Barcelona and was part of the squad that made the semi-final of the UEFA Champions League. 

Good shout. Can Brands work his magic and use his connections please?

22:54

ANCELOTTI: NEW SIGNINGS ARE COMING

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti hinted that there could be more business between now and the end of the transfer window after his side continued their perfect start to the campaign with a 4-2 win over Brighton.

When asked about potential incomings and out-goings, the Italian said: "Really as I said I'm not focused on this. I think that our technical director is working on this. 

"And so there are players that want to leave, to find another opportunity outside the club, I think we have no problem to let them go. You will see, you will see. Maybe something can come. Some new signings are coming."

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

22:54

ANCELOTTI: NEW SIGNINGS ARE COMING

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti hinted that there could be more business between now and the end of the transfer window after his side continued their perfect start to the campaign with a 4-2 win over Brighton.

When asked about potential incomings and out-goings, the Italian said: "Really as I said I'm not focused on this. I think that our technical director is working on this. 

"And so there are players that want to leave, to find another opportunity outside the club, I think we have no problem to let them go. You will see, you will see. Maybe something can come. Some new signings are coming."

Goalkeeper????!!!

30 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Goalkeeper????!!!

I'd be massively surprised if not 

Look at the league ... Things are falling perfectly for us to make a ridiculous leap. Sides like man city, spurs, man United, Chelsea showing a drop in levels.... Teams like leeds, wolves, palace nicking points. 

Moshiri/Usmanov will be looking at this knowing it's the first time our management and recruitment seen to be aligned.... The market is a bit depressed, FFP is likely to be relaxed and we really do look like a tempting project for players who want to step up. 

I'm hoping for an exciting Monday! Coyb

57 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'd be massively surprised if not 

Look at the league ... Things are falling perfectly for us to make a ridiculous leap. Sides like man city, spurs, man United, Chelsea showing a drop in levels.... Teams like leeds, wolves, palace nicking points. 

Moshiri/Usmanov will be looking at this knowing it's the first time our management and recruitment seen to be aligned.... The market is a bit depressed, FFP is likely to be relaxed and we really do look like a tempting project for players who want to step up. 

I'm hoping for an exciting Monday! Coyb

My thoughts exactly. Could this be the time to throw more money into the squad with the league being wide open? A GK and another top class forward 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Guys, we’re only 4 games in, the league is far from wide open. I completely get the excitement and I’d love a couple more great signings but practically speaking, I see a CB and backup striker only now. 

I dunno Matt.... This is a very weird start. The league usually looks like it takes some shape after 3 games with at least some markers by the main teams being lay down....

At the moment only us, Liverpool and arsenal look like we have a style/system.  Other teams look like they are going through big transitions. 

23 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I hope not based on that video! 

Handling is suspect and has already gone down before the shot was taken and was lucky to be able to save it with his feet! 

Poulsen at Leipzig isn’t getting loads of minutes and his contract is up in 2 years. 26, pacey and strong whilst being able to play with the ball at his feet.

CB seems sorted.

GK - not sure who’s going to sell a world class goal keeper this late in the window.