IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think we’ll be seeing Doucoure and Rodriguez sitting in front of Allan.

Richarlison one side, Iwobi the other, with DCL up top.

We might need a new striker as well if that's the case! 😉

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Young kid we signed looks promising and delph can surely cover LB. keeps him out of CM aswell, hopefully.

The young lad has always been muted as U23 squad so he isnt perceived as cover at the very least and well the less said about Delph the better!

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Stop, just stop it. 

We used 442 because it suited the players we had. With different players we could very well play a different system. Plus, Carlo isn’t adverse to changing systems during games. Gbamin healthy? He’s not healthy now and hasn’t been healthy for more than a year now. We can’t count on him as of this moment. 

I'm with MJB in that I dont see us bringing Rodriguez in and not using him in that inside left position as part of a 442. 

I'm not saying we won't see other systems and formations from time to time but I'd expect to see 442 more often than not.

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We might need a new striker as well if that's the case! 😉

The young lad has always been muted as U23 squad so he isnt perceived as cover at the very least and well the less said about Delph the better!

Ricardo Rodriguez from Milan should be available on loan. Edit: scrap that, signed for Torino.

One of Ancelotti strengths as a manager is that he has successfully used a number of playing systems throughout his career and is very good at building a system around the players he has- Although, even he has struggled getting much out of what he had at his disposal at Everton - (a bit of bad luck that Gbamin and Delph have not been available much of the season and Gomes returning from a nasty injury - this can't be overlooked as a part of the reason we have been so poor in the middle of the park this season gone), so has been a little bit hamstrung to say the least.

Think the three players we are being heavily linked with will have a massive impact.

If there is anything left in the pot - I would definitely like a keeper who can at least put some pressure on Pickford. Difficult to actually 'drop' him at the moment, he is getting a free pass - if he was elsewhere on the pitch he would have been on the bench for much of last season. Can't see a direct replacement (although would love that) coming in, but at least have somebody who makes him look over his shoulder a bit and have to work to keep his starting spot. 

Pickford

Coleman Keane Holgate Digne

Allan

Gomes            Doucoure

James

Richy         DCL

Pickford 

Allan

Gomes    Doucoure

James       DCL      Richy

Pickford 

James  Doucoure  Allan  LW

Richy       DCL

How on earth do people think we shape up if all 3 sign?

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

This is turning out to be the best transfer window in decades for us. If all these come through, can we finally give the board and club a little credit please. 

Let’s send the team a bit of optimism, starting from us the fans, and get right behind them!

COYB‘s!

Wouldn't have happened with Bobby, Ronald or Marco either

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

Pickford 

Allan

Gomes    Doucoure

James       DCL      Richy

How on earth do people think we shape up if all 3 sign?

Pickford                 

Keane     Holgate

Coleman                                        Digne

Allan         Doucoure

James                   Gomes   

Richy

DCL

I could see something like this being the 'default' line up - without RB and LB being used to provide more width and crosses - Have plenty of cover from either Allan or Doucoure as required. Looking at the potential line up front of me - you can maybe see why we are after another attacking  right back - Unfortunately, Colemen's best days are behind him from an attaching point of view and he didn't have a great season last year. Then there is also the Pickford problem!!!!

That's not a bad looking line up!! Funny how you take Gylfi out and immediately everything looks a lot better. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

Pickford                 

Keane     Holgate

Coleman                                        Digne

Allan         Doucoure

James                   Gomes   

Richy

DCL

I could see something like this being the 'default' line up - without RB and LB being used to provide more width and crosses - Have plenty of cover from either Allan or Doucoure as required. Looking at the potential line up front of me - you can maybe see why we are after another attacking  right back - Unfortunately, Colemen's best days are behind him from an attaching point of view and he didn't have a great season last year. Then there is also the Pickford problem!!!!

That's not a bad looking line up!! Funny how you take Gylfi out and immediately everything looks a lot better. 

I think it will be this but with Richy and James the other way around. Coleman isn't going to be bombing down the line any more whereas Digne will and therefore the link up player (James) will probably play more down that wing in the same way that Bernard has tried. Richarlison on the other side will then be the second striker and Coleman will hold his position more. 

In ideal world I think you would want the left footer on the right and right footer on the left as you have it but I don't think the full back play will work as well that way round.

49 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think it will be this but with Richy and James the other way around. Coleman isn't going to be bombing down the line any more whereas Digne will and therefore the link up player (James) will probably play more down that wing in the same way that Bernard has tried. Richarlison on the other side will then be the second striker and Coleman will hold his position more. 

In ideal world I think you would want the left footer on the right and right footer on the left as you have it but I don't think the full back play will work as well that way round.

As a left footer, I am pretty sure Rodriguez will be used mainly on the right wing, as will be much more dangerous when cutting infield. As I mentioned we do need an upgrade on Coleman in an attacking sense  - he is 32 in a few weeks time, so he is bound to be slowing down a little now. Coleman is still an important player, but we do need another option at right back 

Whichever position he plays, hopefully with Rodriguez in the starting line up the quality of the football in the final third will be better.