IGNORED

Moise Kean

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Taking a massive loss on what we paid, plus will probably replace him with Neil fucking Maupay. 

.......yaaaaay :doh:

No loss at all. There was a loan fee from PSG last season and there will be a loan fee from Juventus, plus the obligation. If anything we’ll have made a profit on him.

Throw in the reduction in his transfer value from two years of amortisation, it’ll show as a good profit on the books. 

Maupay, yeah, I agree. 

51 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Didn't we get a loan fee from PSG last season for his loan, and presumably Juve will be paying a loan fee as well for the loan for this season, so we probably made some money.

Plus we have not paid his wages for 2 seasons.

Sorry LB, only just got down to this post. 

7 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Taking a massive loss on what we paid, plus will probably replace him with Neil fucking Maupay. 

.......yaaaaay :doh:

Right now Maupay would benefit out team way more than Kean.

I'd also imagine we would have made money on him (but not much) considering the loan fee and wages covered last season + a loan fee for this deal as well as the tranfer fee at the end.

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

No use to us at all that, surely?

Why not? We won't loan for free, and obligation to buy is money effectively on the books early. That article doesn't mention a fee (that I can see pre-coffee) though so for a feeling it's Italian media making stuff up since Ronaldo is leaving. 

Just now, Matt said:

Why not? We won't loan for free, and obligation to buy is money effectively on the books early. That article doesn't mention a fee though so for a feeling it's Italian media making stuff up since Ronaldo is leaving. 

It said option to buy, not obligation.

Does the reported fee factor in that we probably owe instalments over the rest of his contract so I guess these would stop and probably save us £10m (based on £5m a year but don’t know how the original deal was structured)? The only thing that matters is what it looks like on our balance sheet and that it allows us to bring players in.

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Another potential loss great business from the maestro Brands. 

This is unfair. Godfrey? Allan? Doucoure? James? Niels? Ancelotti? Etc.. just in the last year. If you’re going to be critical of the “failures” then at least acknowledge the successes. Also, most would say the talent is there with Moise. Should Brands have been able to predict how his attitude would be once DCL took off and his path to game time was hindered? Should he have known his head would turn after a high profile loan to PSG? We took a shot with Kean. It doesn’t make it a bad move because it didn’t work out. Seems unlikely we will lose any money on the deal so I don’t really get jumping on Brands for taking a shot on a guy who I’m betting will be worth significantly more than we paid in short order. We aren’t Man United or Barca. Our prospects aren’t likely to come risk free at this point. 

21 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

We knew he didn’t want to be here.  Should have gotten more, we paid more and he did well at PSG so his stock is higher, but this is brands so we barely eek a profit.  Just a bad signing from beginning to end.  The whole mom bit in the press conference, etc.  

Problem is…. He didn’t do well at PSG. He was a stop gap due to injury’s, and he did ok. 
But teams at still undecided about him because of this same reason. He was only a bench player, but so would 95% of the worlds forwards be playing in a team with that much talent. 

This is why he is still a risk for teams. They want to look at him first.

edit: that’s wrong of me. He did do well. 
Just not enough to prove himself a first team player.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

We’ve already been paid two years loan fees… guessing 4m each? And another coming in from Juve?

His wages are on top of the 27 million not part of the 27 million we paid for him, they didn’t give us 4 million a year and pay his wages on top of that, they gave us jack shit and paid his wages, and whether they paid them in full is debatable we possibly still contributed a percentage. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

We knew he didn’t want to be here.  Should have gotten more, we paid more and he did well at PSG so his stock is higher, but this is brands so we barely eek a profit.  Just a bad signing from beginning to end.  The whole mom bit in the press conference, etc.  

On my reckoning we’ve lost just over £10 million and on top of that what ever we’ve paid him in wages, we don’t eek a small profit we lose 40+%