IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

On 19/05/2021 at 14:12, Bailey said:

Interesting comments from Carlo today about letting any player who isn't happy at the club to leave in the summer.

I don't know what prompted the comment and whether he was led their by a journalist or whether he was making his feelings known about certain members of the current squad. They don't exactly look like a happy bunch and I wonder if there are a few rotten apples in the group who want to move on.

I would hazard a guess at Richarlison and James if I had to choose any. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

And which CEO hired Brands? Might have to take a bit of the blame for the Gbamin injury. Let’s not let them off the hook with Andre Gomes breaking his leg too. 

It’s a shame Walsh wasn’t given the same luxury with Bolasie who until his injury was playing well, yet when he didn’t come back the same player Walsh was lambasted for buying him, I don’t mind criticism but definitely detest double standards, so if that shit is good enough for Walsh it’s surely good enough for Brands. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s a shame Walsh wasn’t given the same luxury with Bolasie who until his injury was playing well, yet when he didn’t come back the same player Walsh was lambasted for buying him, I don’t mind criticism but definitely detest double standards, so if that shit is good enough for Walsh it’s surely good enough for Brands. 

For me, the problem with Bolasie is that he came back from injury the same player. A shit one :lol:.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

But your whole initial judgement was based on the premise that he had "large injury records" before we signed him, and if that was the case you might have a point; but, as has been shown, that wasn't the case. Therefore, by every logical measure, nobody is "accountable" because there's absolutely nothing to be accountable for.....in anybody's mind but yours it seems. 

If we employed a club soothsayer I'd be calling for his head, but as far as I'm aware we don't.

In Gbamins case that may be true, but the same cannot be said for Delph and Mina who have a history of injuries before arriving here, what was the thought process on buying them I wonder because what ever it was it hasn’t worked. 
Sometimes you wouldn’t be wrong when you watch us to think you’re watching Casualty or 24hrs in A&E 😂

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

In Gbamins case that may be true, but the same cannot be said for Delph and Mina who have a history of injuries before arriving here, what was the thought process on buying them I wonder because what ever it was it hasn’t worked. 
Sometimes you wouldn’t be wrong when you watch us to think you’re watching Casualty or 24hrs in A&E 😂

Good job I was talking about Gbamin then.:P

11 hours ago, Shukes said:

We use route cause analysis over here generally MJB. There is blame to be had, but RCA generally gets to the bottom of any problem if done right.

Bit that’s usually reserved for bigger more experienced company’s. Smaller ones find it easy to put the blame at someone’s feet.

I remember working for Multisorb technologies (Buffalo based) and we had a visit from Jansen ( Johnson and Johnson ) and was asked about a RCA that was 50% complete. The Jansen guy asked if I had an idea what the cause was.... I made the mistake of saying it was down to human error! Damn I learnt a lesson that day haha.

Nothing to do with this thread like.... but no our season is over I have other thoughts entering my head haha! Might even start speaking to the missus and kids again for a few months!

🤣.... I used to work for J&J Shukes. I can picture your interrogation

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I was happy we signed Bolasie, gutted it didn’t work out for him. 
My issue with Walsh was that he just went splashing money around but didn’t seem to have a plan. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

My issue with Walsh was that he just went splashing money around but didn’t seem to have a plan. 

To be fair that’s my problem with all D of F they should be allowed to source and buy players for the future, as Walsh did with DCL and Brands with Godfrey and Niels, but players who are brought in for the first team should be the sole domain of the manager, mainly for the reason you mentioned they don’t have a plan or knowledge on how to balance a team, 11 good players on paper don’t make a team. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

To be fair that’s my problem with all D of F they should be allowed to source and buy players for the future, as Walsh did with DCL and Brands with Godfrey and Niels, but players who are brought in for the first team should be the sole domain of the manager, mainly for the reason you mentioned they don’t have a plan or knowledge on how to balance a team, 11 good players on paper don’t make a team. 

That's why Brands and Ancelotti work together. Ancelotti has stated this himself, that they're both in constant dialogue.

31 minutes ago, StevO said:

Walsh would have been decent for us had he arrived pre-Moshiri, some of the deals (such as signing N'Golo Kante from Caen) for Leicester was outstanding. If I remember rightly they paid absolute buttons for Riyad Mahrez too - he worked wonders when up against it financially.

Trouble with Walsh was that he suddenly had hundreds of millions to spend and just spunked it up the wall. A proper kid in a sweet shop mentality, as fun it was that we were signing what seemed like good players at the time I had my concerns about how many we were signing - it's literally impossible to sign 10-12 players and expect them to suddenly gel together, unless you're playing on a PlayStation.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That's why Brands and Ancelotti work together. Ancelotti has stated this himself, that they're both in constant dialogue.

I do acknowledge that they talk about future acquisitions, but I hope Ancelotti is saying this is who I want or need now and Brands is saying okay and I’m also looking at bringing in xyz who will be with the right coaching ready in 12-18 months to join the 1st team.

Which isn’t meant as a pop at Brands but more how I think roles should be played out in the club. 

14 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Walsh would have been decent for us had he arrived pre-Moshiri, some of the deals (such as signing N'Golo Kante from Caen) for Leicester was outstanding. If I remember rightly they paid absolute buttons for Riyad Mahrez too - he worked wonders when up against it financially.

Trouble with Walsh was that he suddenly had hundreds of millions to spend and just spunked it up the wall. A proper kid in a sweet shop mentality, as fun it was that we were signing what seemed like good players at the time I had my concerns about how many we were signing - it's literally impossible to sign 10-12 players and expect them to suddenly gel together, unless you're playing on a PlayStation.

What we should also remember when he joined us was the players that Moshiri and Kenwright pulled the plug on, he had agreed 20 million for Robertson and McGuire, he lined up Jonny Evans before he went to Leicester and had Haaland sat ready to sign for 4.5 million. As you said mate he did well for Leicester he also got Vardy there. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

What we should also remember when he joined us was the players that Moshiri and Kenwright pulled the plug on, he had agreed 20 million for Robertson and McGuire, he lined up Jonny Evans before he went to Leicester and had Haaland sat ready to sign for 4.5 million. As you said mate he did well for Leicester he also got Vardy there. 

According to Walsh we did.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I do acknowledge that they talk about future acquisitions, but I hope Ancelotti is saying this is who I want or need now and Brands is saying okay and I’m also looking at bringing in xyz who will be with the right coaching ready in 12-18 months to join the 1st team.

Which isn’t meant as a pop at Brands but more how I think roles should be played out in the club. 

I think that’s pretty much how it played out last summer. Carlo wanted to bring in James and Allan, but asked for a left back, a centre back and a midfielder and Brands turned up with players. 
Seems to work exactly how you’ve mentioned to me Palfy. 

31 minutes ago, c1982 said:

According to Walsh we did.

Well he stated that’s what happened and I haven’t seen anyone from the club deny it, for him to go as far as to say that he had Haarland and his father at the club to sign and for Moshiri and Kenwright to block it, you would have thought if not true it would have been denied by all parties concerned. 
Just to had it’s all water under the bridge now and possibly or possibly not missed opportunities, but my main point is Walsh gets slaughtered for his mistakes and Brands gets applauded, it can’t be one rule for one and a different rule for others. 

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well he stated that’s what happened and I haven’t seen anyone from the club deny it, for him to go as far as to say that he had Haarland and his father at the club to sign and for Moshiri and Kenwright to block it, you would have thought if not true it would have been denied by all parties concerned. 

His boyhood club Leeds supposedly had him lined up to sign at that time too.

19 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i already explained many times over, someone has to be accountable.  what i am ascertaining is in your culture that is not the case.  in american sports GM's are accountable for all the players they bring in, and yes injuries play a big part in that.  they always say the same thing when they are fired "we had some injuries, some results didn't go our way, but at the end of the day it's my job to build the squad and put out a winning product and we didn't do that and that's on me".  they are accountable because that's their job and why they are paid millions.

Someone has to be accountable.... Marco Silva maybe?  He played him - the medical staff for not anticipating the injury? The player himself?  

You didn't seem to have any problems digging out James McCarthy for his injuries - but seemingly it's not his fault.  Even when he broke his leg making a tackle because Schneiderlein was a coward. 

I never post on this page but after today’s result and our league position I’d be very surprised if Carlo Ancelotti doesn’t consider his position. Yes he has to shoulder some blame but by god the squad he has is absolutely terrible. 

Will he really want to take this project on another season?