IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

1 minute ago, Lowensda said:

What it does do is put a very vocal, anti-Super League campaigner (Carlo) alongside a very pro-Super League individual in Perez. 

This is the one thing I’m clinging on to in the hope he turns them down. 

48 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The only way that this becomes stomachable is if we somehow pull off another coup by throwing major money at another high profile manager; the likes of Conte or Allegri for example - as unlikely as they are to join. The other names that I would be comfortable with are the likes of ten Hag and Bielsa, we need someone with European pedigree so I feel like weeping into my pillow when the likes of Eddie Howe, David Moyes, Nuno Santo and Steven fucking Gerrard are mentioned. 

Allegri has gone to Juventus.

I think we can reflect on 4(?) years of absolutely woeful managerial recruitment and the consistency/style of each having had a detrimental affect on how we are seen today. We are a mid-table club whether people want to hear it or not. 

Top shelf managers won't be clambering here in an instance. Good managers like Santo, are more realistic and workable options. I wouldn't be OVERLY happy with the appointment but it makes sense. 

IMO I wouldn't want Conte (known to throw a wobbler quite often) a disruptive force and I certainly don't want another manager who sees Everton as a stop gap or end of life option. 

Same with players. Stop buying big club rejects and start blooding younger, hungrier players from lower leagues and teams. Godfrey is sensational. The likes of Grealish, Fofana, even Bellingham who is TEARING up the Bundesliga.

Personally, I would take hunger and commitment over a name in lights.

3 hours ago, Cisk said:

Sadly think it's happening...this guy is not often wrong.

Quick for Carlo to bolt if true - we either have major issues he can't sort, hands tied or there is imply no money for transfers (not quick fix ones maybe)

It's none of these things. Let's stick to the basics: He can either manage the top Spanish team, with Champion's League etc., or he can manage a team that finished tenth in the Premier League. What would you do?

I hope the fucking players have a look at themselves.... I doubt they will.   

Seamus may even give us a token "we've got to take accountability" bollocks interview and focus on making sure he does token captain like things such as frowning at celebration dances and not sorting out free kick arguments.

Other than that I'm not sure the pull of needing to micromanage footballers who need an a to z of goodison parks pitch is what Ancellotti wants. 

I don't think Carlo is in it for himself tbh, I strongly suspect his son Davide is his distraction... He's a bit like the old fella in the family business who is passing it to his sons but needs to hold his hands. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I hope the fucking players have a look at themselves.... I doubt they will.   

Seamus may even give us a token "we've got to take accountability" bollocks interview and focus on making sure he does token captain like things such as frowning at celebration dances and not sorting out free kick arguments.

Other than that I'm not sure the pull of needing to micromanage footballers who need an a to z of goodison parks pitch is what Ancellotti wants. 

I don't think Carlo is in it for himself tbh, I strongly suspect his son Davide is his distraction... He's a bit like the old fella in the family business who is passing it to his sons but needs to hold his hands. 

This, 100%. 

You were given the most successful European manager of all time and you couldn't be arsed. Some of the players need to really hang their heads in shame if Carlo leaves (which he no doubt will). I'm deluding myself if I think that they are blameless.

If this happens I will be gutted, for me he was our big chance to move forwards, not just for his wealth of experience but because of the players he could have brought to the club. 
I wish he or the club would issue a statement on the validity of this story, the more they both keep quiet the more I believe it’s happening. 

3 hours ago, milesey05 said:

I'm really not bothered if Carlo goes. Am i alone with that?

Not alone couldn't care less players come and go manager's come and go the club still goes on

People keep going on at about the players he can attract but what has he attracted 1 good player in Allen and a player that only turns up when he can be bothered. The likes of Godfrey and Doucoure would have signed anyway 

9 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

This, 100%. 

You were given the most successful European manager of all time and you couldn't be arsed. Some of the players need to really hang their heads in shame if Carlo leaves (which he no doubt will). I'm deluding myself if I think that they are blameless.

I agree and disagree if that makes sense, the fact that some players didn’t perform didn’t phase me they didn’t for past managers so weren’t going to for Ancelotti, more because they were poor players and Ancelotti was here to cull them and bring in better players to work for him and his system, so I don’t think he will leave because of the dross he has in the team, he new that when he joined and he took the challenge on to change it, if he goes it will be other reasons than players he inherited. 

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If this happens I will be gutted, for me he was our big chance to move forwards, not just for his wealth of experience but because of the players he could have brought to the club. 
I wish he or the club would issue a statement on the validity of this story, the more they both keep quiet the more I believe it’s happening. 

It's happening

48 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree and disagree if that makes sense, the fact that some players didn’t perform didn’t phase me they didn’t for past managers so weren’t going to for Ancelotti, more because they were poor players and Ancelotti was here to cull them and bring in better players to work for him and his system, so I don’t think he will leave because of the dross he has in the team, he new that when he joined and he took the challenge on to change it, if he goes it will be other reasons than players he inherited. 

:GrammarPolice:Sorry Palf but a pet hate of mine, you mean it didn't "faze" you.:67: