IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

56 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I've not been through social media to check, but people are suggesting that something happened behind the scenes - not one player (apart from Richarlison) has posted about Carlo on social media, which is a bit unusual considering most always post a little paragraph about how much they've learned, wishing them well etc.

I must say his comments in his first press conference are incredibly disrespectful, I just feel like I've properly been taken for a ride here - doesn't really seem to give (or gave) a shit.

To piggyback on this...

I think one of the main reasons why I'm feeling so salty towards Carlo is that, from what I've gathered from most media reports, the Everton board and higher-ups were blindsided by this decision. And if it's true that Carlo had been negotiating with RM for a bit and was also keeping that hidden from the board, he is a proper snake.

I put so much faith and trust in him, because he genuinely seemed like a good person. The Carlo that I thought I knew, I would've assumed that had he been thinking about heading somewhere else, he would've been honorable enough to give our board a heads up so they could begin the search process. If it's true that he genuinely blindsided them and gave no prior notice, then he can fuck right off, and if he ever comes back to Goodison as an away manager, I hope he is booed mercilessly.

You's heard the latest? ToffeeTV say that CA''s contract had a release clause that if certain clubs made an approach, no compensation would be due.

If that's true, I really worry about how this club is going about things to try to get up top.

Hopefully bollocks. At the same time, wouldn't at all surprise me.

Just now, Newty82 said:

You's heard the latest? ToffeeTV say that CA''s contract had a release clause that if certain clubs made an approach, no compensation would be due.

If that's true, I really worry about how this club is going about things to try to get up top.

Christ that's bleak if true

20 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I thought that would probably be the case and one of the reasons he would sign for us in the first place. It's a shame but if it was a deal breaker then I guess we couldn't really say no. 

25 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Doesn't surprise me and doesn't bother me either. 

25 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

It would sound about right!

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Not really arsed to be honest, don't think you can throw too much blame at the club to be honest as on face value signing Ancelotti was a massive coup.

£10m, £5m, £0m or a box of Freddos I really don't care. I just want to move on from the whole experience and get behind the next manager (which in my heart I think will sadly be difficult, through no fault of the manager in question that replaces him).

So, in order to get another big name are you all happy to have the same terms in the contract? You know, if that's what it takes. Then the same thing happens again.

But in the meantime, we *might* wind up paying compensation for our man.

Again, it shows where we are as a club. Reading the reactions to this, then reading the reactions in the next manager thread - hmmmm.

It doesn't make sense to me. But, all about opinions I guess.

Anything to do with the financial side of any deals doesn’t bother me anymore. It used to get to me a lot, but if Moshiri wants to waste his money on these things that’s his problem as far as I’m concerned now. As long as he’s not putting my season ticket price up to cover the costs I’m easy. 

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

Anything to do with the financial side of any deals doesn’t bother me anymore. It used to get to me a lot, but if Moshiri wants to waste his money on these things that’s his problem as far as I’m concerned now. As long as he’s not putting my season ticket price up to cover the costs I’m easy. 

Yeah, that's fair enough. Not sure why it bothers me so much. I guess it just doesn't sit comfortable with the amount we've spent and what's happened to so many other clubs when they've spent beyond their means. But I guess if Moshiri is being clever, he's just pissing his own hard earned.

16 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

So, in order to get another big name are you all happy to have the same terms in the contract? You know, if that's what it takes. Then the same thing happens again.

But in the meantime, we *might* wind up paying compensation for our man.

Again, it shows where we are as a club. Reading the reactions to this, then reading the reactions in the next manager thread - hmmmm.

It doesn't make sense to me. But, all about opinions I guess.

I think that if we want to have at least some control over the stability of the club then those terms in the contract are not a good idea. It also says to me that the person coming in already has their eye on being somewhere else. 

Contracts do not mean a great deal in football so the theory and reality may be very different things but at the very least it can buy you some time. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Apparently all players apart from Richarlison and James have unfollowed Ancelotti on social media - again, think that speaks volumes to be honest when you consider than none of them wished him well.

Pretty wild.  Says a lot about the supposed “do nothings” in our squad too.  Seems there is some solidarity and togetherness.  Or maybe I’m reading into it too much.

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Apparently all players apart from Richarlison and James have unfollowed Ancelotti on social media - again, think that speaks volumes to be honest when you consider than none of them wished him well.

I would take it with a small pinch of salt as I don't know how many followed him in the first place. 

I have just checked Twitter and the only two left that I follow are Richarlison and Virginia. James isn't even a follower on mine. 

For example only 4 players I follow also follow Richarlison (Virginia, Gomes, Bernard, Dom). It is the same thing for Dom, Digne and Godfrey too, just different names. 

More interestingly is that no-one follows James on there!? Mind you, he looks like he only follows Keane and Doucoure. 

It maybe different on Instagram?

• 3 weeks later...