IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

It just all feels like a bit of a waste of time. 

We spent 18 months of playing crap football (on the whole) building to this point which would have been a huge pre-season and now it is back to the begining again of giving a manager 3 years to try and find something in this squad of players. 

I don't know whether or not this was in the pipeline or not but to me it seems like he couldn't wait to get out. 

3 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’m more furious at many of the players than at Ancelotti, though I’m angry enough with him, too.

Second year in a row we’re pretty close to the most embarrassing story in the EPL.

Oh I am too. But I thought he had more about him and would've just gotten rid of the slackers. 

I'm genuinely expecting an exodus now. It's quite worrying

Remember when he said this not too long ago? 

"I would like to be there when the new stadium is opened," he said. "It will be a good achievement for me. To finish the contract here in 2024 means that you did a good job and when you do a good job the contract will not be stopped in 2024. It will continue. The time I spent here is one year and I have felt really good so I would like to stay as long as possible."

Talking to grandson a while ago after a couple of poor results (Sheffield Utd and one other). I mentioned that I had seen a couple of Youtube interviews with Ancelotti after these games and said that I was concerned by his complete lack of interest in the proceedings. He was a total misery throughout.  In one, he thought that the session was over but another question cropped up.  You could see the annoyance on his face.  I said to grandson 'he will be gone in the summer, he will not be sacked he will decide to leave.'

Not surprised by this, I don't think he really had his heart in the job from day 1.  

21 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Remember when he said this not too long ago? 

"I would like to be there when the new stadium is opened," he said. "It will be a good achievement for me. To finish the contract here in 2024 means that you did a good job and when you do a good job the contract will not be stopped in 2024. It will continue. The time I spent here is one year and I have felt really good so I would like to stay as long as possible."

Like I said, he’s just a snake like all the rest.

Remember him saying any player not happy could leave as well.

Fuck. Him. Everton are bigger than any one man or player. The badge on the front of the shirt matters far more than the name on the back or any person associated with the club. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It would appear that he's just another snake and not the sort of man he makes out he is, because he's apparently been in Madrid since Friday and I now don't believe the bullshit he came out with when he was first linked with the Madrid job a few weeks ago. He knew then and lied about it all.

Fuck him, Everton was here long before he arrived and it'll still be here now he's fucked off.

Especially when he blatantly denied these rumours. Makes it so much worse. Always held him high regard and felt he had so much integrity but this is piss poor. No respect for him now.

Needs to be statement here in our next appointment. Conte’s passion with our crowd could be immense.

Right now, I feel deflated.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Fuck off.

Empty words, don't believe any of it. Well, apart from the fact that Real Madrid has always been in his heart. 

It's been confirmed that six of our backroom staff have also left with immediate effect. Not out of the ordinary but again shows that this was in the works for weeks (perhaps months). Going through the legal process for all those people takes time, the wool has been completely pulled over our eyes - this is a true betrayal.

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’m more furious at many of the players than at Ancelotti, though I’m angry enough with him, too.

Second year in a row we’re pretty close to the most embarrassing story in the EPL.

Exactly, the club are an embarrassment and yet here we are, the loyal fans, being failed big time once again. So down this evening.

Agree with most comments on here tonight. 

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Empty words, don't believe any of it. Well, apart from the fact that Real Madrid has always been in his heart. 

It's been confirmed that six of our backroom staff have also left with immediate effect. Not out of the ordinary but again shows that this was in the works for weeks (perhaps months). Going through the legal process for all those people takes time, the wool has been completely pulled over our eyes - this is a true betrayal.

Already seeing bits about our piss poor end to season stemming from this. I can’t comment for sure but the ways this has all played out people are always going to link the results to him potentially already knowing he was leaving. 

He was not a good appointment for us. Other than his reputation, he's not used to work with mid table clubs and his tenure with us showed just that. He's not great tactician, nor he's great motivator. He's capable at securing the comfort of big players and let them do whatever they do best. Look at his biography. Other than his early days with Reggiana, he has managed only sides at the very top of their local competition and in Europe at the time. Only recently he managed Napoli, who are in the mix, but not among the best clubs in Italy, and he failed miserably. Then with us. He changed the midfield, has strengthen the defense with Godfrey and we played dross. I would expect a manager of his quality to take us a bit higher than that, in a season when newly promoted club was consistently better than us and finished above us. All in all, we did not see much improvement for these 18 months, so why should we feel sad about him leaving?

8 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m sure at the time he said those comments he meant them. I do think he’s honest and I’d like to think he just thought the rumours were just that. No one seems to have a bad word to say about him, so I’ll take his words at face value. 

Honesty and integrity are closely aligned.....  If you make statements about contracts and being here for Bramley Moore, being here for the long term etc then you stick to them.  Otherwise your word counts for shit.

I don't think he has the appetite for the game that he once had. What he has done now will cost him reputationally - I think other fans of clubs has seen what he's done as being piss poor.

Im not concerned from a go forward perspective - Everton is big pull for aspiring hungry managers. 

Actually, seems a perfect fit for him. Things got a bit tough so he ran away to a club that still refuses to acknowledge their fault in the whole ESL and who themselves dumped him for the next shiny thing after a bumpy patch. 

I'm still fuming though. I feel betrayed and I've never had that before. So I'm going to be bitter for a while and I don't care. I feel cheated on.  

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Actually, seems a perfect fit for him. Things got a bit tough so he ran away to a club that still refuses to acknowledge their fault in the whole ESL and who themselves dumped him for the next shiny thing after a bumpy patch. 

I'm still fuming though. I feel betrayed and I've never had that before. So I'm going to be bitter for a while and I don't care. I feel cheated on.  

I want him to achieve nothing but failure there and for Perez to be his usual knob head self and sack him before the season is out.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I want him to achieve nothing but failure there and for Perez to be his usual knob head self and sack him before the season is out.

I've never wanted that but you know what? At the moment, I'll laugh even harder if Real get banned from the CL for a season or two. 

Like a lot of fans this this morning i coming to terms with what happened yesterday.

I feel all the emotions that have been aired on here, but i feel more annoyed with myself for getting sucked into Carlos grand ideas, and his reputation. I like a lot of people wanted to scream and shout at 90% of our performances last season.

But i kept it in because it was Carlo, and in him we put all our trust.

Now we are back in limbo, as we have been  for the last 10+years, who do we trust next, do we jump all over them at the first sign of things going wrong, will we ever give someone enough time to get it right, i don't know, all our trust has been used up for now.

How can we even trust those in charge to get the right man, they have failed so often.

We are a big club, we have great potential, why don't we attract the right kind of person to the job?

My worry is now players that would have signed for Carlo, will now just sign for the money, and we may not attract the level of players we want to see at Goodison.

I've not been through social media to check, but people are suggesting that something happened behind the scenes - not one player (apart from Richarlison) has posted about Carlo on social media, which is a bit unusual considering most always post a little paragraph about how much they've learned, wishing them well etc.

I must say his comments in his first press conference are incredibly disrespectful, I just feel like I've properly been taken for a ride here - doesn't really seem to give (or gave) a shit.

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I've not been through social media to check, but people are suggesting that something happened behind the scenes - not one player (apart from Richarlison) has posted about Carlo on social media, which is a bit unusual considering most always post a little paragraph about how much they've learned, wishing them well etc.

I must say his comments in his first press conference are incredibly disrespectful, I just feel like I've properly been taken for a ride here - doesn't really seem to give (or gave) a shit.

It does all look very odd.

28 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

During the second half of the season particularly, the problems with the team (squad) were there for all to see.  In the 'matches' thread on two Everton websites the same criticisms were coming up after each game. Poor midfield, lack of pace, lack of effort.  Obvious to spectators, even more obvious to an Ancelotti but nothing done.  I honestly don't think he was bothered. He knew he was going a long time ago.