IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

Gutted, but think it’s an opportunity.

Get someone on who demands to do it there way. 
I was surprised that such a decorated manager didn’t really manage to stamp his authority on the team in 18 months.

Maybe he just finally had a challenge put in front of him that was too tough.

If they club have any sense, they will go all out for a young exciting manager who has his own ideas..... and back them.

Another door closed, someone has an opportunity to open one.

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

.... he seems to be just as frustrated as the fans with the attitudes on the pitch. The defeat to Sheffield United which basically put us out of European football was probably the end of Ancelotti's reign.

He had some blunt, if carefully stated and subdued, comments about player attitude and energy after a couple of late-season matches.

The combination of Real opening and his sure understanding that Everton’s European project would take at least 2 more years pulled and pushed him out.

First feeling was of devastation, but let’s face it we were shite second half of the season and he seemed baffled about what to do. Might be a blessing. I can’t blame him for taking the opportunity, but I am disappointed. Real are fucked anyway, skint, and a load of old overpaid players - good luck with that Carlo mate. 2 years max.

But we are fucked too. Allan and James will be bemused - can’t see them hanging around - Rich and DCL will be thinking wtf, and the rest of our terrible squad will be hoping for a stay of execution. If we don’t get this appointment right - what are the chances of that??? - we could be relegated next season.

If we don’t get Moyes or Rafa, I reckon we’ll get the next Walker/Silva/Koeman off the rank and failing that Dunc or Rooney. And thank fuck Mourinho is already at Roma...

Gutted.

It was inevitable. Not good enough from the top of the club to the bottom. After the City game I posted on here that this would be the case. 

I don’t blame him but he’s had an easy escape from a very very poor job. He did really poorly. However the squad available to him was really really bad and until we all realise this then nobody will want to stay and manage this team of any calibrate. 

8 minutes ago, badaids said:

I reckon we’ll get the next Walker/Silva/Koeman off the rank and failing that Dunc or Rooney. And thank fuck Mourinho is already at Roma...

I actually hope Dunc gets it. I know he won't, but it'd be nice to see a manager in place who actually cares about the club. Haven't had one since Martinez. Rafa would be my initial choice though, probably the best manager we are able to attract, and would likely want to build something here. Dont want to see the likes of Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard anywhere near my club. 

I feel like such a mug, I fell for Koeman and fell for Carlo. I just can't be arsed anymore, will never stop loving Everton but this just feels like fourteen steps back when we needed to make about seven forward. 

Really worried about who comes next and it's not their fault but I'll find it hard to buy into them, like I've been cheated on but keep turning a blind eye.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Been camping in the woods for 2 weeks, I get back and see this.  Awful news.  I’m not excited about our options to replace him.  Seems like we are always 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

You could have asked Yogi bear to take over when you were in the woods, after all he’s smarter than the average bear, which is smarter than most managers we’ve had here in the last 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Well, hate to say this but Howe pulling out of Celtic may be due to Carlo?

Apparently he left Burnley due to home sickness, so it's probably more to do with that it wasn't the right fit for him (i.e. - unable to commute).

Well. My 'see the good in every fucker' has come back to haunt me again 🤣.

Torn on it really. I'd like to think it was a sudden thing, hate to think that it wasn't. I understand the opportunity, but also would have liked to see what another year would do along with these attacking players he spoke of.

Do you know what. Fuck it. He's gone now. We move on....

I fully understand why he would want to go to Real Madrid and spend next season trying to win the league and champions league. I’m very gutted he won’t be here to help the club progress, I feel like he was the right man for the job. We’ve got to move on now though. 
The club cannot afford to get it wrong. They also cannot afford to let it take two or three months to hire someone.