• Niels Nkounkou
    • Fabian Delph
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Bernard
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Richarlison
    • Anthony Gordon

Iwobi, Richie, Bernard etc.. were excellent but gotta give it the kid. Didn’t really put a foot wrong and was consistently dangerous capped by that brilliant run and assist at the end. Crazy how a couple performances, even against a lower league side can change things. He was basically free. Would you take 20m now?

Went with Iwobi as he looked like a man playing against boys, class above today. Nkounkou a very close second, last assist was great to watch, the ball to him from Digne was top notch also. 

Thought Bernard done well when on the ball but went missing for large chunks, but not as much as the invisible man Sigurdssen who put in another forgettable performance. First half I'd say Delph put in the better shift of the three of them. 

See Pickford getting grief again for being played in to danger, this time by Keane. If anything Digne is most to blame for switching off and not tracking his man or giving the shout. Could even argue Ancelotti as he's the one pushing for this type of football and the opposition are clearly exploiting it. 

few good performances -

Nilis is looking very good.

nice to see Awobi and Bernard get on the score sheet and with an assist each  , think both played really well tonight, I kept a particular eye on Awobi tonight, he had a hand if a few of the goals tonight. I think he is going to do alright for us this year playing in a team with a bit more confidence and on the front foot a little bit more. A tidy performance. So going for Awobi as he looked so happy during the press conference ;) 

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

few good performances -

nice to see Awobi and Bernard get on the score sheet and with an assist each  , think both played really well tonight, I kept a particular eye on Awobi tonight, he had a hand if a few of the goals tonight. I think he is going to do alright for us this year playing in a team with a bit more confidence and on the front foot a little bit more. A tidy performance. So going for Awobi as he looked so happy during the press conference ;) 

Agree with you about Iwobi and Nillis, but went for Bernard, he ran the game in the first half and his assist and goal were top class. Really glad about Iwobi looking so happy!!

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Went with Iwobi as he looked like a man playing against boys, class above today. Nkounkou a very close second, last assist was great to watch, the ball to him from Digne was top notch also. 

Thought Bernard done well when on the ball but went missing for large chunks, but not as much as the invisible man Sigurdssen who put in another forgettable performance. First half I'd say Delph put in the better shift of the three of them. 

See Pickford getting grief again for being played in to danger, this time by Keane. If anything Digne is most to blame for switching off and not tracking his man or giving the shout. Could even argue Ancelotti as he's the one pushing for this type of football and the opposition are clearly exploiting it. 

Can argue if Keane has better options but Pickford needs to just bang that out with his right all day. For me that’s at least 90% on Jordan

4 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

few good performances -

Iwobi * :)

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

1st goal wasn’t solely Pickford’s fault but surely he’s experienced enough to know when to launch it... hey-ho, things like that happen now and again with this style - remember Alisson having a similar howler - the one Pickford actually commented on through the media (not been the same since!)

2nd goal is truly shocking though - the positioning on the initial cross - half coming then changing his mind - then the flap at the finish - pretty sure no one will be more disappointed than Pickford.

2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

1st goal wasn’t solely Pickford’s fault but surely he’s experienced enough to know when to launch it... hey-ho, things like that happen now and again with this style - remember Alisson having a similar howler - the one Pickford actually commented on through the media (not been the same since!)

2nd goal is truly shocking though - the positioning on the initial cross - half coming then changing his mind - then the flap at the finish - pretty sure no one will be more disappointed than Pickford.

Agree, he has to show real mental strength to put it out of his mind now and show his ability and temperament against Palace, and then carry it on.

Needs the team and manager to support him. 

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

The least Pickford had to do.... The very least was to put his foot through the ball left foot out for a throw or right foot up the middle. He could then bollock Keane for a shite ball.....  Keane wasn't at fault for the goal - Pickford deciding to play about with 2 players closing him down was. 

Goalkeepers get crappy balls to deal with a couple of times a game.... It just seems our keeper makes them more of an issue than they need to be. 

6 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I have more issue with the 1st goal as it was really poor decision making. The 2nd wasn’t great but I don’t think he was getting there for the punch and then it’s an attempt from the 6 in the rain. Neither were encouraging.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Agree, he has to show real mental strength to put it out of his mind now and show his ability and temperament against Palace, and then carry it on.

Needs the team and manager to support him. 

You make it sound like this is a one off....no keeper in the top flight has cost his team more goals in the past 3 seasons

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You make it sound like this is a one off....no keeper in the top flight has cost his team more goals in the past 3 seasons

2019/20 2nd last season with 4, 1 more than Man City's Edison.

2018/19 - 3rd equal also with 4, 1 more than Liverpool's Alisson.

2017/18 - 6th equal with 2, the same as Edison.

But that's just according to the Premier League's stats. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

😂

Loved that LB!

He was shit tonight though. 

Mate he was fucking dog turd.

For the first he was trying to show off, a big flaw of his and he fucked it up.

For the second he looked like a 6 year old flapping at a wasp. He just was not expecting a Fleetwood player to try that, or the shot to be on target.

12 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Mate he was fucking dog turd.

For the first he was trying to show off, a big flaw of his and he fucked it up.

For the second he looked like a 6 year old flapping at a wasp. He just was not expecting a Fleetwood player to try that, or the shot to be on target.

I know, dreadful!

If he literally stands still for the second the ball probably hits him in the face and stays out  

It’s a good job the lads at the other end of the pitch have got their scoring boots on. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

59 minutes ago, StevO said:

😂

Loved that LB!

He was shit tonight though. 

What did you love? Did you add up all the errors and see which keeper has made the most errors over 3 seasons?  Or 2 seasons if you want.... Either way no goalkeeper has made more errors than Pickford.....

Not sure how you interpreted it   

No keeper has conceded more goals from outside the box in 3 seasons either.

Was hands down Bernard in the first half, ran everything and was very clean.  Disappeared for most of the 2nd, is he that unfit?

Nkounkou best performed across the whole 90.  Honourable mentions to both Richy (well deserves a goal in the league) and Iwobi.  Carlo is putting the pressure on them to perform.

DCL didn't look on today and Gylfi was disappointing.

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

Can argue if Keane has better options but Pickford needs to just bang that out with his right all day. For me that’s at least 90% on Jordan

For me Digne is most to blame. He's lost his man and not give a shout to the keeper. Without that shout Pickford thinks he's safe to let the ball go across him and play out like the manager has asked them to. 

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

What did you love? Did you add up all the errors and see which keeper has made the most errors over 3 seasons?  Or 2 seasons if you want.... Either way no goalkeeper has made more errors than Pickford.....

Not sure how you interpreted it   

No keeper has conceded more goals from outside the box in 3 seasons either.

So far he's gained is a minimum of two points, could argue three. 

Last season he easily got us more points than he lost us, just as he did the season before. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

So he doesn’t really standout as the worse keeper in the PL, he has some pretty good company around him. 
His decision making was woeful tonight luckily for him and us no real damage caused, everyone will move on tonight and we will see him as first choice for the Palace game I guess, where the vultures will be hovering and hoping for another mistake to pounce on. 
He may get replaced in the not so distant future or he may not, but whilst he wears the shirt of the team I love he gets my support, because the reality is he doesn’t really make a lot more mistakes than other keepers in the league, but we seem to like to magnify his out of all context imo, if we asked for a player’s head every time they made an error we would go through 100 plus in a season. 

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

For me Digne is most to blame. He's lost his man and not give a shout to the keeper. Without that shout Pickford thinks he's safe to let the ball go across him and play out like the manager has asked them to. 

So far he's gained is a minimum of two points, could argue three. 

Last season he easily got us more points than he lost us, just as he did the season before. 

I don’t know that Digne didn’t yell. It’s unclear me what you want Lucas to do. He should body his man off the ball while in the box? Seems awfully risky 

Not sure how you’ve arrived at the conclusion that Jordan helped us more than he hurt us in terms of saves vs goals let in but that’s not how you judge him. You judge a keeper in comparison to the other keepers in the league and by most metrics he was poor.

I gave him a lot of leeway last season as I thought he was excellent two years ago but he’s been slipping since then. Very thin ice. 

10 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I don’t know that Digne didn’t yell. It’s unclear me what you want Lucas to do. He should body his man off the ball while in the box? Seems awfully risky 

Not sure how you’ve arrived at the conclusion that Jordan helped us more than he hurt us in terms of saves vs goals let in but that’s not how you judge him. You judge a keeper in comparison to the other keepers in the league and by most metrics he was poor.

I gave him a lot of leeway last season as I thought he was excellent two years ago but he’s been slipping since then. Very thin ice. 

It's Digne's job to block his run off, if he loses his man he should give a shout. But Digne has completely switched off so they've ended up having a free man in the box.