IGNORED

West Ham (League Cup) home Wednesday 30th September

barryj

20 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

They'll play full strength, for sure. David Moyes is under a lot of pressure from the owners right now and, less than subtly, being blamed for the lack of new players. He has a point to prove with fans who are always quick to turn against their manager.

I don’t think they will. They have Wolves on Sunday (one less day than us) and then Leicester next weekend with Spurs, City and Liverpool on the horizon. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

I don’t think they will. They have Wolves on Sunday (one less day than us) and then Leicester next weekend with Spurs, City and Liverpool on the horizon. 

agreed, moyes will be all in the league, otherwise he will be sacked soon.  he needs points and with that schedule there won't be many available. a win in the cup will do nothing, Emery got Arsenal to the semis or finals and was still fired.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

A tenner is a bit of a piss take isnt it? I suppose if they the league cup normally did this for untelevised games id still pay it though. 

Tenner isn’t too bad. We were lucky enough for the first two to be chosen to be live on tv and if we get through this the rest will all be televised. 

3 hours ago, Cisk said:

I've just posted on the BHA line up thread to see a change here n there - I think this cup game against WHU is needing a stronger team than past rounds. Thinking James and Allan in for this one with DCL

Yeah agreed. We've got Brighton next week who also play united midweek in the cup. Not sure how strong their squad will be but they will want to get revenge after this weekend. More or less full strength in both those games for one final push and we can have a deserved international break from matches before the derby. 

We’ve got enough depth for 4 or so changes with out putting a really weak side. Gordon has been impressive and deserves run. 

CB is the issue, we are going to run Keane into the ground at this rate - I’ve been massively critical of him but he has been immense to play every minute and play at such a consistent level so far.

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Nkoun

Doucoure  Delph

James   Bernard    Richy

DCL

Something like that maybe? A bit of rotation but enough to give us a win. I dont want us to rely on James too much but he has been rested both cup games so far. Digne has played almost every game, so it would be nice to give him some rest and allow Nkounkou to show what he can do against a Prem side. Bernard or Siggy behind the striker but I hope both don't start. Keep Iwobi as far away as possible. 

56 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Nkoun

Doucoure  Delph

James   Bernard    Richy

DCL

Something like that maybe? A bit of rotation but enough to give us a win. I dont want us to rely on James too much but he has been rested both cup games so far. Digne has played almost every game, so it would be nice to give him some rest and allow Nkounkou to show what he can do against a Prem side. Bernard or Siggy behind the striker but I hope both don't start. Keep Iwobi as far away as possible. 

I think Iwobi might just be rusty. He started poorly against Fleetwood but really grew into the game. 

I like this team but I would start Iwobi/Gordon for James. There’s about quality there and if we need him for the last 30 or so then so be it.

I too think that we might be running Keane into the ground playing him every game. As well as he has been doing another injury in the centre-back department is going to cripple us so whilst I'm not happy with it, I'd move Digne out of position and have him operate in the middle alongside Mina. I don't know how well the likes of Gibson have been doing in training, but if worst comes to the worst fitness wise then it may be an idea to look at the U23's too. Until we can get someone in to cover (i.e. - Tomori) then I think we'll have to patch together a makeshift back 4 for games like this. Thinking totally outside of the box, even moving the likes of Delph there just to literally do a job!

image.png.8c18b9dded7a8982c80588cb97bb203f.png

Delph and Sigurdsson in the middle with Bernard and Iwobi on the wing. Richarlison in the No. 10 role with absolute freedom to roam into the left and right wing as he sees fit. DCL operates strictly inside the penalty box to nab those ''poacher'' goals that have become his trademark. Another strong bench with the likes of James/Allan in case anything goes pear shaped with Moise Kean ready and prepared to score in the 95th minute and cap off our 8-0 victory. 

Agree with what @markjazzbassist and @barryj were suggesting with the West Ham line-up too. They're in a crisis and can't afford to be taking an eye off the league, it's a luxury that they simply cannot afford. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a ''B Team'' named from them with a handful of youngsters thrown into the pot. They've got Leicester away after this which is no easy ride and hopefully they'll get bounced by Wolves today to pile on more pressure. 

30 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I too think that we might be running Keane into the ground playing him every game.

I thought about the formation you set out but the trouble is Digne has only played 20 minutes less football than Kean but had done much more running up and down the wings as we focus playing down that left hand side. I think Keane should start this one and Digne can have a rest instead. Maybe an option is to play Kenny in place of Keane and put Coleman in RB or visa versa? 

5 hours ago, Aidan said:

I thought about the formation you set out but the trouble is Digne has only played 20 minutes less football than Kean but had done much more running up and down the wings as we focus playing down that left hand side. I think Keane should start this one and Digne can have a rest instead. Maybe an option is to play Kenny in place of Keane and put Coleman in RB or visa versa? 

Digne and Keane played more or less all the games. I'd put Coleman in at CB if any - BUT it's a risk with young Niels up against Prem opponents and Kenny still relatively inexperienced against Prem players too. Having 3 full backs in your back 4 with 2 of them being inexperienced is asking for it - plus with Yerry being the only true CB! We really are a bit stuck at CB currently with the injuries. This should not have happened really with our back up hope being Jarred going into the season - we are an experienced CB light for certain.

Risk still playing Keane at CB and a risk playing a FB there - think we have to play Keane and hope he does not get injured.

Any obvious CBs with experience who are realistic loan options - Smalling, Morgan, Tomori/Zouma, Stones? What a bout Dawson at Watford or the Bournemouth player released on a free - they'd just need to be available for games like this to come in and do a job.

Thank god we did not get Silva (if we were really in for him) - he looked crap yesterday.

Of all of the positions to worry about burn out, centre back isn't one in my opinion. As a centre back you aren't covering lots of ground and if there is fatigue it will be mental fatigue and being this early in the season I don't think its a worry. 

I do think we will see some changes but like others have says, I doubt it will be as many as before. 

Pickford

Kenny Mina Keane Nkounkou 

Doucoure Delph Bernard (or Sig)

Iwobi Kean Richarlison 

I'm not sure but I thought I saw DCL caring after his hamstring so I can see him being rotated if so.