IGNORED

West Ham (League Cup) home Wednesday 30th September

barryj

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i was happy with delph too, i think he could be fine at playing the allan role if need be.  not the same level but better than davies or gomes back there.

Personally I would put Doucoure there, I wouldn’t trust Delph with such a critical role, then have Gomes and Gylfi in front of him. 

Great win marred by the injuries, hopefully not too serious, but they can happen in any match, Carlo was right in playing a strong team, really unhappy with the stream, mine kept freezing so missed big chunks of the game, not good value for £10 IMO. Email already sent asking for refund, which I’ll send to EITC if it happens.

Shocking lack of ambition from West Ham too, in the 90 minutes they didn't make a single substitution, even when we were patching our side up with three injuries - bizarre. So glad that we have a manager that is capable of mounting a serious cup charge (and a cracking league run) where others have total dinosaurs. 

How a mixture of Moyes, Irvine and Pearce couldn't mix things up is baffling, though I'll absolutely take it.

another great result - didn't get out of second gear in the first half. Very pleasing that having lost a goal we just up the tempo and created chance after chance - not the first time this season so is becoming a very good habit. Heads are not going down, tails are going up instead - massive change to last season. Everybody is just playing better now! 

Shame about the injuries, hopefully they are not to bad. My hope is those players that have to step in for Allan (probably Delph) and Richarlison (Awobi or Bernard) are chomping at the bit to get their chance to start in the Prem, and bring their A game. 

big shout for Delph today - was always making himself available for the ball.

1 minute ago, Wiggytop said:

Great win marred by the injuries, hopefully not too serious, but they can happen in any match, Carlo was right in playing a strong team, really unhappy with the stream, mine kept freezing so missed big chunks of the game, not good value for £10 IMO. Email already sent asking for refund, which I’ll send to EITC if it happens.

I think the standard of the stream was shocking for everyone, I have Portuguese TV so watched it on there and it was freezing/cutting out too. Seems as though it was a problem for whoever was filming/distributing. Quite right to complain though, shite.

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Tbf mine only froze twice for short time but second was when DCL scored.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Personally I would put Doucoure there, I wouldn’t trust Delph with such a critical role, then have Gomes and Gylfi in front of him. 

I think that position would restrict Doucoure who is much more suited to roaming around. Plus I would probably have Delph over Siggy based on today's performance. I thought he played really well.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think that position would restrict Doucoure who is much more suited to roaming around. Plus I would probably have Delph over Siggy based on today's performance. I thought he played really well.

Yes it would restrict Doucoure from roaming around, that’s the point of putting him there because he’s the only one out of 4-5 players strong enough to take Allans role, Delph may of had a good game but it wasn’t playing in Allans position, put Delph in front of Doucoure with Gomes but don’t put him in Allans position he won’t cope with that challenge. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

The thing I am most impressed about is how we potter along in second gear and then in an instant the switch goes on and we have created a chance with some great football. 

This is so true. Years ago, on a business trip to Spain, I was able to watch Real Madrid play an evening cup game against a lower team. They were something like 1-0 up and idling. Then I saw their manager at the time indicate something to Zidane (who was playing for them) and, just like that, Real scored three goals in quick succession. You had the feeling they could do that at any time, just switch to a higher gear and overwhelm the opponent. If we can replicate that ability, I would be very very pleased.

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I think the standard of the stream was shocking for everyone, I have Portuguese TV so watched it on there and it was freezing/cutting out too. Seems as though it was a problem for whoever was filming/distributing. Quite right to complain though, shite.

4 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Tbf mine only froze twice for short time but second was when DCL scored.

are you guys able to get espn+?  it's an american service but they are streaming ALL the cup games this year.  my stream was perfect the whole match and top quality.  i get a bundle with hulu, disney+, espn+ for cheap each month (i got kids).

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

are you guys able to get espn+?  it's an american service but they are streaming ALL the cup games this year.  my stream was perfect the whole match and top quality.  i get a bundle with hulu, disney+, espn+ for cheap each month (i got kids).

Ditto.

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Thanks for posting these highlights. The first goal was simply exquisite.

Happy too. For the PL ones it usually takes a couple of days. There’s a shorter version too, on YouTube, that comes out a day earlier than the extended version if people don’t want to wait :) 

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Thanks for posting these highlights. The first goal was simply exquisite.

Starting with Keane's control & swivel then the perfectly weight chipped ball over which DCL had the skill to pull it down and control it with his left, then dinking it in with his right - school of science methinks = beautiful!

Also Richarlson's offside goal was just WOW, that ball from our Columbian magician was just breath taking, and it's not the first time he's done and it won't be the last. good times back at the old lady, God know s we've waited long enough! COYB!

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Subscription I believe but already pay for Sky Sports and also have BT Sport which are usually sufficient.

4 hours ago, Drs1972 said:

Starting with Keane's control & swivel then the perfectly weight chipped ball over which DCL had the skill to pull it down and control it with his left, then dinking it in with his right - school of science methinks = beautiful!

Also Richarlson's offside goal was just WOW, that ball from our Columbian magician was just breath taking, and it's not the first time he's done and it won't be the last. good times back at the old lady, God know s we've waited long enough! COYB!

I love the defensive work from Allan to win the ball. Kenny plays a poor 50/50 ball to James and when the possession turns over, Allan both presses and covers the passing angle to the space vacated by Kenny makes the interception and then we are away again.

Allan was brilliant last night, comfortably his best performance so far and that says more about how good he was compared to how he has played before. Its a shame he might be out for a few weeks.