IGNORED

West Ham (League Cup) home Wednesday 30th September

barryj

If any of our B team (which now I think of as the likes of Bernie, Siggy, Iwobi, Walcott, Davies, Kean, Delph) give a shit about ever playing in the first 11 again then this is exactly the game they need to impress in. Premier League opposition who've just had a big win. I really want us to win this match but I'd gamble on the side that won the last round, with 3 A-listers ready to be subbed on if we need it.  There's zero sense keeping those players around on their insane wages if we're not going to trust them in a game like this. If they've any professional pride they'll rise to the occasion.  

22 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

If any of our B team (which now I think of as the likes of Bernie, Siggy, Iwobi, Walcott, Davies, Kean, Delph) give a shit about ever playing in the first 11 again then this is exactly the game they need to impress in. Premier League opposition who've just had a big win. I really want us to win this match but I'd gamble on the side that won the last round, with 3 A-listers ready to be subbed on if we need it.  There's zero sense keeping those players around on their insane wages if we're not going to trust them in a game like this. If they've any professional pride they'll rise to the occasion.  

The modern game is a squad game. Many of the players you mention our regularly in the league match day squads, they are not the "B" team they are options for Carlo to use. Current first team players will get injured, suspended, lose form and the other players will have to step in and step up.

I am pretty sure they give a "shit" about playing for us. If you saw the Fleetwood match you will of witnessed how happy they were to be playing and the team spirit. 

They have the opportunity to fight for a starting place in the league and so far many of them have impressed. By having strength in depth we have competition for places, which is something we have sorely lacked in recent years. We also have different options for different opponents. 

I have faith that the players who have played in the cup so far will step up against West Ham, and I will be cheering them on.

I would go as close to full-strength as possible 

We need to start winning trophies at some point It’s against Premier League opposition this time , and I think West Ham will take it seriously

We have Brighton at home Saturday , so no travelling and then it’s the international break so the players have plenty of time to rest and recover

After the break the fixtures are more or less back to normal so we should go for it

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I would go as close to full-strength as possible 

We need to start winning trophies at some point It’s against Premier League opposition this time , and I think West Ham will take it seriously

We have Brighton at home Saturday , so no travelling and then it’s the international break so the players have plenty of time to rest and recover

After the break the fixtures are more or less back to normal so we should go for it

I'd at least drop Doucoure or Allan into midfield. Keep winning and keep the momentum going.

I'm not a fan of this line-up at all. 

Digne v Haller is a problem especially with two decent crossers of the ball up against back up full backs.

The bigger problem is midfield. There is no energy in those 3 at all and whilst its not like West Ham have a great midfield, its going back to the horrors of last season. The only positive is that there will be 3 men instead of 2. 

I was really confident before but now I am a bit nervy.

5 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Interesting to not even see Kean on the bench. 

yeah, I noticed that.

I think we can read plenty in to that. It didn't really look like he wanted to be here last week, and now actually thinking he may not be here next week!!! No point in keeping player who's not up for putting the shirt on, if that is what is going on with him. 

Anyway, plenty of players who want to get on the pitch. I would have liked to have seen Awobi or Bernard on ahead of Gyfi - both those did well last week (better than Gyfi), and must be disappointed to be on the bench.  

Watching on the game on the carabo cup streaming site - seem spoilt having now been able to see every game in the box this season!!! although at a cost.

Just now, Cornish Steve said:

Nor Gomes. My concern is playing James. He's clearly doesn't yet have the stamina demanded by the Premier League, and I don't trust the likes of Noble to not try to hobble him. I'd much rather that Gordon or Bernard started instead.

I don't think Gomes is able to do two games a week at the moment. We have Bernard and Iwobi to replace (not that you can) James.

I'm not sure we should read loads into Kean. It is definitely a surprise but it might not mean as much as you think.

Carlo has picked this team knowing that the problems will be at the back and in midfield and so he has loaded the side full of those options. Up front, Richarlison can always move forward and someone else can go on the wing.