IGNORED

West Ham (League Cup) home Wednesday 30th September

barryj

i have said many times before, if you beat the teams below your level and then give your all against those above you (win lose or draw) you're likely to end up top 5.  we are finally beating the minnows and doing it fashionably.  on to the next.  well done.  a strong lineup a strong result.  very happy with the match, not happy with the injuries, hopefully the INT break heals everyone up.

1 minute ago, Haiku said:

I hope I don't jinx it, but I think DCL is going to be there for the goalscorer of the season award. Only if he could take penalties it will be almost sure. Really top class.

From open play certainly, but as you said, until he takes penalities it isn't happening. Vardy's already got about a 10 goal head start on him (4 of Vardy's 5 league goals this season have come from penalties).

The thing I am most impressed about is how we potter along in second gear and then in an instant the switch goes on and we have created a chance with some great football. 

James is a massive part of that but everyone is chipping in and playing their part.

A few candidates for MOTM and had he played the 90 minutes I would have probably gone with Allan but as he didn't i will go with Dom. Great play for the first, a bit frustrating in the middle of the game, but then pops up where we need him with two more at the end to seal it. The last goal was a particularly good composed finish. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Gutted about injuries but Delph looked good tonight. I'd have him ahead of Davies, hopefully Allan's is a grade 1 strain which will be 2 to 3 weeks out. 

Richarlison could be ok I think but who knows. 

Doucouré looked great when he came on.

I love James Rodriguez. .. it's as simple as that really. 

i was happy with delph too, i think he could be fine at playing the allan role if need be.  not the same level but better than davies or gomes back there.