IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Wednesday 17th February

markjazzbassist

WhatsApp rumour.

Wait for the news come out about Kyle walker at man city.

He arranged a party for Xmas in London and 19 premier league players went and up to now 11 have tested positive due to Fulham match getting called off tonight and city other night against Everton. 

Found this out working at Burnley last night. 

Even someone called sancho from Dortmund fc hired a private jet and went the party. 

This is going to cause big shit

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-city/story/4277291/five-man-city-players-isolating-after-contracting-covid-19

Pep saying that they had enough players to allow the game to go on, and that they wanted to play. Says he called Carlo to "explain the situation."

Still something fishy here. He says they wanted to play and had enough players to do so, so what happened then? Still need more answers here

5 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-city/story/4277291/five-man-city-players-isolating-after-contracting-covid-19

Pep saying that they had enough players to allow the game to go on, and that they wanted to play. Says he called Carlo to "explain the situation."

Still something fishy here. He says they wanted to play and had enough players to do so, so what happened then? Still need more answers here

I think it was a Knee jerk reaction from the PL when you read the article and what happened with the Spurs Fulham game, what’s the point of of having procedures in place if the people who implemented them don’t abide by them. 

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

After tonight’s performance, maybe Carlo rang pep and asked for it to be cancelled as he knew our players had been on something heavy!

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Aston Villa have been forced to play their cup tie against liverpool with no first team players available due to covid......

Theres the double standards 

I think the difference is that the first team have been separated from the rest of the sides. Its not like they played with some of the first team that didn't have the virus and then the rest made up of kids. Its was the academy side only from top to bottom.

They are talking about Villa's game midweek in the league being called off if the testing and work they are doing doesnt allow them to track the virus effectively. 

It is a different set of circumstances based on the information I have read.

23 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think the difference is that the first team have been separated from the rest of the sides. Its not like they played with some of the first team that didn't have the virus and then the rest made up of kids. Its was the academy side only from top to bottom.

They are talking about Villa's game midweek in the league being called off if the testing and work they are doing doesnt allow them to track the virus effectively. 

Plus the fact that Villa actually wanted to play the game.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Ultimately I don’t see a difference. The FA wanted the game to go ahead so they made it. If Villa said we can only field 18’s & 23’s the FA would have told them to do so. 

If they want the fa cup to be taken seriously then they should treat it in same regard as league fixture. 

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

Plus the fact that Villa actually wanted to play the game.

Play the game with their academy side in the 3rd round of the cup against one of the favourites to win it. 

I suspect it would have been a different story in the league. 

11 hours ago, Btay said:

Ultimately I don’t see a difference. The FA wanted the game to go ahead so they made it. If Villa said we can only field 18’s & 23’s the FA would have told them to do so. 

If they want the fa cup to be taken seriously then they should treat it in same regard as league fixture. 

The FA probably should but they don't penalise teams for playing weakened teams normally and that is why Villa were happy to play their academy players (as above). 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pete0 said:

De Bruyne out for the next 4 weeks, and Aguero self isolating at the moment. Can we get this fixture sorted asap please. 

Haha well done, came here to post the same thing. The absolute earliest this could be made up (assuming no random COVID rearranging like what happened to Spurs the other week) is February 16/17. KDB probably still out then so City will overpower the premier league to make sure it doesn't happen. 

2 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Haha well done, came here to post the same thing. The absolute earliest this could be made up (assuming no random COVID rearranging like what happened to Spurs the other week) is February 16/17. KDB probably still out then so City will overpower the premier league to make sure it doesn't happen. 

To be fair, they can play just as well without him! They won the league a couple of seasons ago when he was injured for most of it. 

Gubdogan is playing out of his skin at the moment in midfield.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2021 at 13:16, AlbanyNYToffee said:

I stand corrected. They hit the earliest possible date. This has been scheduled for Wednesday February 17. Man City are crushing right now without KDB but I think it's still fair to say I hope he isn't fit for this one. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Watching City/Spurs right now. This City team is scary. Gundogan arguably the best midfielder on the planet right now. All I ask is that we don't lose by more than 3, and even that is asking for a lot. 

City are getting back to the season before last when they just won every single week, they're frighteningly good although in the same breath I think they're up against what is a poor Spurs side. 

That second goal I legit sat and applauded, the way Sterling didn't panic and pinged it around Foden and Gundogan, superb. 

They've just made it 3-0 too. They're amazing - laughable from Sanchez too. Lloris too, how people call him world class is genuinely beyond me.

Edit: I seriously love watching Phil Foden too, I hoped he would get more game time this season and he has, taking it with both hands and making opposition look silly.

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

City are getting back to the season before last when they just won every single week, they're frighteningly good although in the same breath I think they're up against what is a poor Spurs side. 

That second goal I legit sat and applauded, the way Sterling didn't panic and pinged it around Foden and Gundogan, superb. 

They've just made it 3-0 too. They're amazing - laughable from Sanchez too. Lloris too, how people call him world class is genuinely beyond me.

I was cackling at the way he fell on that third goal. Like a sack of potatoes being thrown to the ground, he literally fell face first. 

Uh oh, Gundogan feeling a twinge. Wouldn't be upset if he's out for our fixture

Have to take this as a 'no pressure' game. Taking points of Man City isn't going to define our season, any gained are a bonus. Go in to the game knowing its about keeping it tight and seeing what you can do againt one of the in form teams in europe. Try and enjoy it, knowing you are in good form. 

12 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Have to take this as a 'no pressure' game. Taking points of Man City isn't going to define our season, any gained are a bonus. Go in to the game knowing its about keeping it tight and seeing what you can do againt one of the in form teams in europe. Try and enjoy it, knowing you are in good form. 

Unless we slip up against Fulham (which, ya know, is always in the cards for us) and we go into City demoralized

13 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Look at the table and how congested the European spots are - it’s very likely the team who takes the most points off city could get champions league. Absolutely defines the season 

27 minutes ago, Btay said:

Look at the table and how congested the European spots are - it’s very likely the team who takes the most points off city could get champions league. Absolutely defines the season. 

Not really, getting CL football or not isn't what will define this season as a sucsess or failure. There is an outside chance CL, but that is what it is. We are not one of the best four teams in this league yet. 

I don't think that players need to put any pressure on themsleves that taking points off City is what makes or breaks this season. 

Do you really think that getting CL or not is what 'absolutely defines this season'? 

6 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Not really, getting CL football or not isn't what will define this season as a sucsess or failure. There is an outside chance CL, but that is what it is. We are not one of the best four teams in this league yet. 

I don't think that players need to put any pressure on themsleves that taking points off City is what makes or breaks this season. 

Do you really think that getting CL or not is what 'absolutely defines this season'? 

I think we are in the best position we’ve ever been in to get champions league football and if we got it then yes it would define our season.

Our players should have the same pressure on themselves as any other team coming up against city that any points picked up against them is likely to be points similar teams might not have and can make the difference.

3 points off 4th with 3 games in hand is not an outside chance in my opinion. It’s every chance and we need to go into every game with the belief that we deserve to be there, otherwise what’s the point.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I think we are in the best position we’ve ever been in to get champions league football and if we got it then yes it would define our season.

Our players should have the same pressure on themselves as any other team coming up against city that any points picked up against them is likely to be points similar teams might not have and can make the difference.

3 points off 4th with 3 games in hand is not an outside chance in my opinion. It’s every chance and we need to go into every game with the belief that we deserve to be there, otherwise what’s the point.

Gonna go ahead and mash the like button over and over on this one

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Beat Fulham and Liverpool and we'll be 3 points clear with a game in hand against Villa. Anything from them city game would be a bonus.