IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Wednesday 17th February

markjazzbassist

28 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Beat Fulham and Liverpool and we'll be 3 points clear with a game in hand against Villa. Anything from them city game would be a bonus.

Absolutely but “if” we get a point from city it’s a massive point and can definitely be the difference come the end of the season. Momentum from getting points against them would also be massive.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Absolutely but “if” we get a point from city it’s a massive point and can definitely be the difference come the end of the season. Momentum from getting points against them would also be massive.

It’s not really the point that matters really, it’s the message that it sends through the team and to the league

Don't get me wrong i am not saying put a weak team out or anything like that. Any points taken of City would be most welcome. I actually think we will have a good chance at taking all 3 of City in the very last game of the season, because they will have won the league by then. 

But we need to ensure we are winning our 'bread and butter' game formost. We haven't been doing that to well this season. Fulham is the first game since Newcastle that we go in to as the favorites. Not droppong points to teams in the bottom half of the league will make far more that make up for a point againt City this week.

To me there is more pressure to be winning these games first.

If we drop points againt Fulham it would worry me far more than not nicking a point of City this week. 

19 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Don't get me wrong i am not saying put a weak team out or anything like that. Any points taken of City would be most welcome. I actually think we will have a good chance at taking all 3 of City in the very last game of the season, because they will have won the league by then. 

But we need to ensure we are winning our 'bread and butter' game formost. We haven't been doing that to well this season. Fulham is the first game since Newcastle that we go in to as the favorites. Not droppong points to teams in the bottom half of the league will make far more that make up for a point againt City this week.

To me there is more pressure to be winning these games first.

If we drop points againt Fulham it would worry me far more than not nicking a point of City this week. 

I get your point mate. If we lose to city both games and miss out on champions league by a point I’d be looking to both Newcastle games or similar before the city ones. 

I agree on the last game with city as well - could be a huge blessing that and I pray so much we beat them to get a champions league spot that knocks liverpool down to Europa 

Today’s game is the most important game because it’s the next game, then it’s the City game then the horrible fuckers, how we perform in the next game and so on will determine our season, I’ve never been one of those people who reflect back on what if we beat Newcastle Burnley Fulham ect we didn’t and that’s a fact that can’t be changed. 

On 20/12/2020 at 13:52, markjazzbassist said:

They aren’t the juggernauts they used to be.  Weak at the back (still!!) and now having some trouble in attack.  It will be a big match and interesting to see how Carlo lines us up.  We need to get something point wise out of this if we want to keep pace with European places.  Lineup forthcoming.

Well, this aged brilliantly...

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Guarantee we'll be far better than tonight, we'll take a point or three or lose valliantly, it's the Everton way (historic thrashing by Arsenal aside).

We'll set up to soak up pressure, have no quick players to even attempt a counter-attack, and have 12% possession.

If we have more than 3 shots at their goal I'll see that as a victory. This isn't Chelsea or United etc, City will annihilate us if Carlo sets us up like he has done.

24 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Hope DCL is fit and Allan starts.

if I see Gylf, Davies and Gomes in the mid I won’t even watch.

Davies gives me the least concern of the 3. Doucoure and Allan with the energy. DCL up top. I think James needs to sit this one out and evaluate if he has the desire

• MikeO changed the title to Manchester City (Home) Wednesday 17th February
1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Olsen

godfrey mina keane digne 

doucoure allan davies 

richarlison dcl bernard 

Will be fuming if holgate, gomes, siggy, or iwobi start. 

Iwobi i dont mind so much to be honest because he is our only wide player that looks remotely interested in going past someone. I think you're pretty much bang on though, id maybe swap bernard & richarlison. Davies will sit deepest of the 3 cm's and Allan/Doucoure i hope will just be buzzing around making things difficult for City. 

I'm expecting to see James though to be honest in place of Bernard and wide left.

Godfrey to match sterling for pace. 
I think getting in behind Cancelo and off Stones's shoulder is the best way to expoilt them but we need Richarlison at his best for that.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Iwobi i dont mind so much to be honest because he is our only wide player that looks remotely interested in going past someone. I think you're pretty much bang on though, id maybe swap bernard & richarlison. Davies will sit deepest of the 3 cm's and Allan/Doucoure i hope will just be buzzing around making things difficult for City. 

I'm expecting to see James though to be honest in place of Bernard and wide left.

Godfrey to match sterling for pace. 
I think getting in behind Cancelo and off Stones's shoulder is the best way to expoilt them but we need Richarlison at his best for that.

I expect Pickford to be playing too.