IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Wednesday 17th February

markjazzbassist

16 minutes ago, StevO said:

Rumours now of a two week break in the premier league. 

yeah, I just been reading that. Lets get this Hammers game out of the way first!!! 

I would personally like to see them try and work through it best they can really. A lot has been done to set things up to now play through the Covid epidemic, in my mind its is essentially people going to work - the same as people who make TV programmes etc.  I could be argued that is not essential work - but the construction industry is going ahead - lots of these projects could be put on hold.  TV and football on TV is a highlight for many people stuck in there homes - can entertaining the masses be consider essential work? I think it is doing a lot of people the world of good.  As well as the games, there will be forums like this also keeping people stimulated and engaged.

Having the season continue with the games on TV (as opposed to going to the matches or pubs with mates) etc is probably helping a lot of people through this.  I have been posting a lot this past 6months after a fair few years away, it is not a coincidence as I am stuck in the house twiddling my thumbs rather than out on my mountain bike.

I hope it doesn't get stopped as two weeks will inevitably turn in to two months.  

17 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

yeah, I just been reading that. Lets get this Hammers game out of the way first!!! 

I would personally like to see them try and work through it best they can really. A lot has been done to set things up to now play through the Covid epidemic, in my mind its is essentially people going to work - the same as people who make TV programmes etc.  I could be argued that is not essential work - but the construction industry is going ahead - lots of these projects could be put on hold.  TV and football on TV is a highlight for many people stuck in there homes - can entertaining the masses be consider essential work? I think it is doing a lot of people the world of good.  As well as the games, there will be forums like this also keeping people stimulated and engaged.

Having the season continue with the games on TV (as opposed to going to the matches or pubs with mates) etc is probably helping a lot of people through this.  I have been posting a lot this past 6months after a fair few years away, it is not a coincidence as I am stuck in the house twiddling my thumbs rather than out on my mountain bike.

I hope it doesn't get stopped as two weeks will inevitably turn in to two months.  

After today’s record positive tests in the general public and the record tests of the other day in PL, I do fear the worst with the government making decisions that will impact football and put it back in lockdown.

But we have to stop people from swamping our hospitals and putting our nurses and doctors under immense pressure, our NHS is apparently closer to breaking point than before the last lockdown. 

16 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Are any teams arranging for their players to be vaccinated, I wonder?

I don't think it's actually legal for anyone to jump the queue in the UK, it's strictly NHS distributed and everyone has to wait their turn. I think I should get one sometime in February as someone with a "long term condition", if it's decided I don't qualify it'll be May.

as far as vaccinations, we know the english players will get them because they are citizens.  how does the country/EPL/teams handle their foreign players?  will the NHS offer them a vaccine (i'm guessing no), or will they have to get it from their home country?  if so won't that be a longer wait than other countries.  the players from poorer countries could be a long while till they get theirs. 

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

as far as vaccinations, we know the english players will get them because they are citizens.  how does the country/EPL/teams handle their foreign players?  will the NHS offer them a vaccine (i'm guessing no), or will they have to get it from their home country?  if so won't that be a longer wait than other countries.  the players from poorer countries could be a long while till they get theirs. 

Can't find a definitive answer to that but I'd be pretty certain that everyone registered with a UK GP will get one, no matter where in the World they come from. I certainly hope so.

Had to decline mine, they gave me a time and date when I already had two hospital appointments.

One was a full body scan at Clatterbridge  1.00pm, another at 2.00pm for an xray on a couple of cracked ribs and they wanted me in Arrowebrook Health centre for my Vaccine at the same time. They said there was no leeway with the times so they will be back in touch in the new year.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Had to decline mine, they gave me a time and date when I already had two hospital appointments.

One was a full body scan at Clatterbridge  1.00pm, another at 2.00pm for an xray on a couple of cracked ribs and they wanted me in Arrowebrook Health centre for my Vaccine at the same time. They said there was no leeway with the times so they will be back in touch in the new year.

Pain in more ways than one Bill, cracked ribs are a bugger, had them a couple of times and wouldn't fancy again. I told you to leave the break dancing classes alone.

Hope the full scan wasn't linked to anything nasty.

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

That’s a bummer Bill keep well mate I’m sure that they will get you sorted sooner than later. 

39 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Can't find a definitive answer to that but I'd be pretty certain that everyone registered with a UK GP will get one, no matter where in the World they come from. I certainly hope so.

Do you think that the foreign players would be registered with NHS GP’s or would they just use club and private Dr, could clubs eventually buy it on the open market through their private Doctors and surgeons credentials. 

Just now, Palfy said:

Do you think that the foreign players would be registered with NHS GP’s or would they just use club and private Dr, could clubs eventually buy it on the open market through their private Doctors and surgeons credentials. 

Good question on the first part; on the second part no, it's not available on the open market for private clinics....not legally anyway.

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yeah I don’t think they have NHs GP I think they use team doc.  It’s an interesting question once players start getting inoculated.  Something to keep an eye on.  

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Watching motd and it was said that due to Covid Sheffield could only name 7 subs and not the 9 allowed, I would like to know how many of Cities players tested negative and could they have fielded a team of 14-19 and allow the game to be played. 

I think that’s what Everton are wanting to know as well. 

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Surely those who tested positive have to isolate?

There’s not been a lot of information released but by the looks of it - it seems to have been coaching staff more than players. They have intensively cleaned their academy and certain areas are to remain shut.

Im not sure but I would assume the players are under going regular mandatory testing and if no symptoms are evident than I would also assume they are clear to play.

If they are asking fans to under go a covid test prior to attending then I guess the players will be under equally strict instructions. Very strange this.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Their squad has resumed full training in preparation for chelsea on the weekend...

Im surprised Everton haven’t released another statement. They may still be waiting on the answers.

that's sketchy.  can't play but 2 days later everything is fine?  i read they are planning to play this weekend to.

If they genuinely have several players sick, then we shouldn't complain. Much rather that they don't pass the virus along to our team; plus, public relations-wise, it would be poor form to try to steal three points. On the other hand, if they play their game this weekend, then it's difficult to believe the situation turned around so quickly and the reasons for canceling our game don't apply to that game.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

If they genuinely have several players sick, then we shouldn't complain. Much rather that they don't pass the virus along to our team; plus, public relations-wise, it would be poor form to try to steal three points. On the other hand, if they play their game this weekend, then it's difficult to believe the situation turned around so quickly and the reasons for canceling our game don't apply to that game.

Public relations wise they're the ones in the wrong. Gave us no notice, allowed our fans to needlessly queue for hours on one of the coldest days of the year, and gave very little information to justify why the game was called off or the reason for not keeping us in loop.

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

The more I think about it the more I believe they convinced the PL to cancel on safety grounds, they tested all players and staff and 5 came back positive, so they should have been made to isolate and the rest of the squad and staff could carry on, the sceptic in me thinks they didn’t  fancy playing us at this moment in time, we are the top form team in the league beating the top team’s in recent weeks, are they thinking we lose to Everton then get beat by Chelsea and Everton beat WHU we suddenly find ourselves 9 points behind Everton, I seriously wouldn’t put this sort of gamesmanship beyond Pep and City, or has the lockdown finally got the better of my imagination. 

with you completely on the bold/underlined.