IGNORED

Leeds (Away) Wednesday 3 February

markjazzbassist

Just now, Hafnia said:

Gomes is looking close to the levels that made him a must buy player. This is the best he has played in a long long time. 

I was just thinking that. Think he’s had the rocket up his ass but this is what we need from him. If he plays like this in a midfield with Allan and Doucoure we will be a very strong team

22 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Absolute rubbish - the grips on goalkeeping gloves are relatively useless in wet conditions, they are designed to be optimised in the dry. 

You can see from the amount of players slipping over that the conditions are difficult, so the correct decision 100% to parry if unsure which is what all young goalkeepers are taught.

Errmmm no its not. I used to own a pair and the balls they play with this season has more grip than any other ball I have played with. 

Wet weather gloves are here and these are off the shelf and not pro-gloves.

https://www.prodirectsoccer.com/p/sells-elite-total-contact-mens-gk-gloves-roll-finger-white-black-aquablue-216108/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7dLivMXO7gIVAuDtCh2nWQeDEAQYAiABEgJr8vD_BwE

About 10 mins after we saw Meslier make a similar save from Gylfi and he managed to catch it. 

Our best 45 mins this season for me, dealt with their attacks and got the end result with 2 of ours. The pitch is horrific, how the hell can you lay a new pitch 2 days before a PL game, I’m worried someone is going to get hurt by the pitch. Poor defending from Leeds for the first, lovely to see Dom flying in at the back post again.

Olsen is playing a big part in our game, his calmness in goal gives the whole team a feeling of calmness, he may not be as instinctive as shot stopping at Pickers, but the overall calmness outweighs that for me.

Need to keep calm and get the all important third now, sod my score prediction!

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Sounds like I’m the only one thinking that this game is screaming out for James, it’s so open he would have all the time and space in the world to cause absolute havoc

Yes, except that we're winning because we're matching or beating them in work ethic.  James could easily unbalance us and leave us exposed.

I think that is a solid half. Nothing spectacular but I don't think you need that against Leeds. Right approach to the game, I like having the mobility of Godfrey at CB and he has had a good game. 

I think everyone has chipped in but both CBs have done well, Iwobi is having a good game and Gomes is on a going day. I think Dom has been very disappointing but then he popped up with a goal at the end. 

Never say never with Leeds but keep playing solidly and we will see this out.