IGNORED

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

9 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

He was up and coming 3 years ago, loaned out by Chelsea for a couple of years. They'd bite our hand off to take him but I don't want to be a home for players that have never really cut it.

Iwobi mk2

It’s a no from me, barely made an impression at Fulham last season, should have been one of their saviours, absent from many starting lineups, not sure if it was injury or just not good enough, either way we have enough of that calibre here anyhow. Shame as he was showing good potential before getting a bad injury a couple of years ago.

In the Moyes / Martinez days we might have taken a chance on a player like him but we don't need to do that anymore. 

He needs to prove that he can stay fit and play to a good level for at least a season before teams aiming for the top half take a look at him.

48 minutes ago, Bailey said:

In the Moyes / Martinez days we might have taken a chance on a player like him but we don't need to do that anymore. 

He needs to prove that he can stay fit and play to a good level for at least a season before teams aiming for the top half take a look at him.

Exactly, is he better than what we have or fill a gap we have? The answer is no so don't sign him.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am genuinely curious if there are any realistic targets that would please even half of our supporters. We aren’t getting established premier league superstars. All foreign players come with risk. All younger, unproven players come with risks. All “cast-offs” or fringe players from Top 6 sides come with risk. Who would actually make us happy? 

54 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I am genuinely curious if there are any realistic targets that would please even half of our supporters. We aren’t getting established premier league superstars. All foreign players come with risk. All younger, unproven players come with risks. All “cast-offs” or fringe players from Top 6 sides come with risk. Who would actually make us happy? 

He’s injured a lot, that’s the problem, not his quality. 

2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Exactly. The tarkowski thread makes me laugh. We have a player who lampard wanted at Chelsea, who Moyes tried to get before zouma…. (So clearly Moyes and lampard rate him higher than zouma) for a free transfer. 

we signed Gana and fans grumbled cos he got relegated, barry on a free etc etc.

we need at least 4 new players in before we even replace ones we will sell so we aren’t gonna be getting £40m players. 

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Messi, Ronaldo & Mbappe - any order.

5 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Who would actually make us happy? 

Foreign league or young local for me.  Free/really cheap is ok, but not keen on overspending (wages and transfer fee) for bang average old/older premier league players.  That's what got us into this mess.

At a 20m transfer and him likely wanting 80k+ a week, RLC would be a no from me.  Didn't exactly light it up when at Fulham on Loan last year.

7 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Foreign league or young local for me. 

I don’t get that. Why does it matter where a player has come from? I get it with wanting locals to come through the youth set up, but wanting players from a foreign league? Couldn’t care less if they came from league one or ligue un as long as they are good enough. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t get that. Why does it matter where a player has come from? I get it with wanting locals to come through the youth set up, but wanting players from a foreign league? Couldn’t care less if they came from league one or ligue un as long as they are good enough. 

Fair, in that I don't actually care whether they're from a foreign league or the EPL.  Not trying to make an anti-local point, just that we need to "seek better value". 

An EPL premium seems to get applied almost irrespective of actual performance, resulting in their being an opportunity for better ROI outside it.