IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

53 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Long and short is this..... Rafa or Allardyce/Bruce..... Only an absolute idiot would choose either of the last 2.   Both who have best mates in the media. 

Only thing that makes me an idiot is engaging with the likes of you. How many digs is that now? Yet you go crying to the mods when I throw mud back at yer and fuck off on a hiatus when you don't get your own way. 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Why wouldn't I like that fact? Which lets me honest can't be true given the relatively short time Benetiz has been here. Or have you personally been at Finch farm the last five years with a stop watch?

Any how, how is that even relevant. 

People have short memories. Walcott was the single player worth watching under Alladyce. Fat Sam even got goals out of Tosun, eventually after giving him extra time to get up to speed, although I do remember one inpatient fan calling him the worse manager ever for not playing Tosun every week from the off. Alladyce claims he wanted Aubamayang but the club opted for Tosun so you might want to blame Walsh for that one. Alladyce also addressed we needed a centre mid but the club failed to bring one in. Madness that Silva then spunked the budget on a winger rather than a centre mid the following summer. Alladyce would have built a better team and we'd be in a better position now rather than go full circle and get another Alladyce style manager. Only difference Benetiz tends to leave squads worse than what he begins with. 

Why would I need to speak to a Newcastle fan. So they can tell me who they like more. That's not the question.

I'll ask again. How was Benetiz better than Bruce? 

Ok Einstein please tell me how you know what Newcastle fans think if you’ve never actually spoken to any? 

It’s well documented in the media and on Newcastle forums everywhere how highly regarded he was there but you somehow seem to know better than Newcastle fans what they are actually thinking

23 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Ok Einstein please tell me how you know what Newcastle fans think if you’ve never actually spoken to any? 

It’s well documented in the media and on Newcastle forums everywhere how highly regarded he was there but you somehow seem to know better than Newcastle fans what they are actually thinking

What's the relevance of what Newcastle fans think? I've said I agree they liked Rafa more, but that's more because of his name.

We were guilty of it last year. If Ancelotti didn't have his reputation there would have been a lot more noise about the football we were playing.

18 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Pete, if you think that Allardyce is a better manager that Rafa, then thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. Its pretty clear that you are in a mimority, again nothing wrong with that.

But there is no way you are going to convince anyone else so why dont we just leave it there eh?

I'd happily leave it if the people discussing talked football rather than a popularity contest. 

49 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Only thing that makes me an idiot is engaging with the likes of you. How many digs is that now? Yet you go crying to the mods when I throw mud back at yer and fuck off on a hiatus when you don't get your own way. 

You are just trying too hard to be different..... Almost like a footballing conspiracy theorist.  You get so far down a rabbit hole it's untrue.

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Yet my conspiracies tend to be more right than you.

Like Steven Gerrard being shit? 

Ive seen some whoppers in my time tbh Pete .....  But Sam Allardyce being anything other than a footballing dinosaur is pure flat earth shit......  That slob has his own gravitational pull that pins £50 notes to his big pie face. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Like Steven Gerrard being shit? 

Ive seen some whoppers in my time tbh Pete .....  But Sam Allardyce being anything other than a footballing dinosaur is pure flat earth shit......  That slob has his own gravitational pull that pins £50 notes to his big pie face. 

Only thing dinosaur here is you bringing Gerrard up yet again as you can't form an argument with actual facts. You're a fucking joke. 

Is fat Sam better than you as he acknowledged Tosun wasn't ready?

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

Only thing dinosaur here is you bringing Gerrard up yet again as you can't form an argument with actual facts. You're a fucking joke. 

Is fat Sam better than you as he acknowledged Tosun wasn't ready?

Wait there a second .... Allardyce bought a player for near £30m who was of a mature age in a January window and he didn't think he was ready?  ....... And to our knowledge has never been ready 

Ok.... You've finally convinced me, Sam Allardyce was a complete and utter fraud.   

I'm no more a football expert than you or that gravy swilling slob..... However it appears I'm the only one comfortable enough to admit this and have no chips on the shoulder in that regard. 

End the thread.  Cheers Pete. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Wait there a second .... Allardyce bought a player for near £30m who was of a mature age in a January window and he didn't think he was ready?  ....... And to our knowledge has never been ready 

Ok.... You've finally convinced me, Sam Allardyce was a complete and utter fraud.   

I'm no more a football expert than you or that gravy swilling slob..... However it appears I'm the only one comfortable enough to admit this and have no chips on the shoulder in that regard. 

End the thread.  Cheers Pete. 

Walsh bought.

If Alladyce was a fraud what does that make you? 

Alladyce waited so fans like you wouldn't get on the players back. He took the grief rather than the player. That's good management. Alladyce also had him scoring goals. He had the player looking that well nearly every fan on here had him down to be our main striker over DCL the following season, you included.

Given your phenomenally bad record I think just about every poster on here knows more about football than you, nevermind a manager who has about 20 years experience in the prem.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Walsh bought.

Alladyce waited so fans like you wouldn't get on the players back. He took the grief rather than the player. That's good management. Alladyce also had him scoring goals. He had the player looking that well nearly every fan on here had him down to be our main striker over DCL the following season, you included.

Given your phenomenally bad record I think just about every poster on here knows more about football than you, nevermind a manager who has about 20 years experience in the prem.

Ah I see Walsh bought Tosun but you alluded that Allardyce bought Walcott (I think that's what you said earlier). 

On 16/04/2018 at 17:21, pete0 said:Alladyce was here one window and addressed two problems. One pace, Walcott, two a striker, Tosun

Im not a fraud in the sense that I don't get sacked from a prestigious job for taking brown envelopes....  

I couldn't really care if everything I said was inaccurate about football (Lukaku retuning to the prem and resulting in a nice spirited charity bet, Bony who went from Swansea to man city and was crap and I thought he would be good.  Loads.

Sadly for you - there is an extremely common theme that you point blankly refuse to accept when you are wrong.... Your refusal to accept you are wrong drags threads on and on, this thread alone has seen many join and the basically disengage in sheer frustration of your gas lighting antics.

You are wrong, very often, that's fine, we all are ..... What isn't fine is that you can't recognise and accept it, that's not great.   You honestly can't see that you are obsessed with being seen as correct - you will take obscure views which are extremely pretentious, when challenged on them you then arrogantly proclaim everyone else is wrong.

I'm out.  See ya, in Rafa we trust!!!

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Walsh bought.

Is that you Sam?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/demarai-gray-rafa-benitez-everton-21590799

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2256733/rafa-eats-sleeps-and-breathes-football-it-rubs-off-on-us

Since Rafa has been manager we have be reading plenty of articles of this kind about him. Just two that are about today.

I just can't help but be happy about his appointment (I was originally against it) I like what I am reading, hearing and so far seeing from him after such little time.

You can see he is hard working and loves what he does. I think he is truly in it for the love of the game. He is having a positive effect here and I believe it is all genuine - unlike his predecessor.

He is a cut above more than just crooked fat Sam. 

18 hours ago, Hafnia said:

To be fair to Allardyce, I think he is anything but a footballing dinosaur. He is a massive cock, but I think he does a lot of analysis and last year his West Brom team played some great football.

His stint with us served up some shocking football, but that has been a common theme with a number of managers. I genuinely believe that had Allardyce been the managers name last season the fans would have been calling for Ancellotti to be sacked a hell of a lot earlier than they did.

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

To be fair to Allardyce, I think he is anything but a footballing dinosaur. He is a massive cock, but I think he does a lot of analysis and last year his West Brom team played some great football.

His stint with us served up some shocking football, but that has been a common theme with a number of managers. I genuinely believe that had Allardyce been the managers name last season the fans would have been calling for Ancellotti to be sacked a hell of a lot earlier than they did.

Only Ancellotti, pep and klopp had earned enough goodwill in the game to not get lambasted for those performances. ....

Fact of the matter is Allardyce lost all the goodwill he earned in the game.  Worst football I have ever seen at Everton, took West brom down and walked away like the gutless prick he is. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Only Ancellotti, pep and klopp had earned enough goodwill in the game to not get lambasted for those performances. ....

Fact of the matter is Allardyce lost all the goodwill he earned in the game.  Worst football I have ever seen at Everton, took West brom down and walked away like the gutless prick he is. 

I don't think anyone earns anything. 

Every time a manager goes into a new job they are judged on what they do. If Pep comes in and relegates us, he doesn't get another season to turn it around. 

The only difference (in performance) between Allardyce and some of the other dross before and after him is that the others at least showed some hope before it went horribly wrong! 

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

I don't think anyone earns anything. 

Every time a manager goes into a new job they are judged on what they do. If Pep comes in and relegates us, he doesn't get another season to turn it around. 

The only difference (in performance) between Allardyce and some of the other dross before and after him is that the others at least showed some hope before it went horribly wrong! 

Perception is everything.  Take a well reputed manager and watch him set up a team in a shit way, fans may frown etc but they go along with it up to a point.  

Allardyce never once set up Everton to get anything other than a point out of the game.  

I hated the fact we hired him, I can't stand the fact that one or two try and defend his tactics/attitude. 

It was interesting to read an article which was saying that Rafa wanted a better CB, and that he doesn’t see a decent pairing with what have at this moment so was going to make that his next priority signing. I tend to agree with that we don’t have a natural leader who knows how to run the back line Keane is probably our most experienced CB but is slow and prone to having lapses of concentration, Mina is far too erratic in his defending although good at a last ditch tackle or block you feel most would be unnecessary if he positioned himself better. Godfrey shows great promise but lacks the experience to become the leader now but will grow into that role in years to come, but would make a willing number 2 in a decent pairing, Holgate isn’t a starter for me and possibly would struggle to keep a place in the squad should someone else come in unless of course Keane or Mina were sold to make way. 
Rafa is playing a counter attacking style of football were we are giving up long spells of possession to defend in numbers then break at speed, could this be to counteract a weakness that he sees in our CB pairing, and if he gets his right man who he can trust to do the job will we then see a more attacking team based on plenty of possession.