IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

16 hours ago, Shukes said:

All o can see is that under Rafa…. So far…. We’ve been playing some good football, and he has been able to change things.

Under Alladyce, we played the worst football I have ever witnessed and became the neutrals bore team of the league. 

My choice is made.

What would Benetiz do with that same squad? Just look at what he done with Newcastle. Didn't score more than 2 prem goals in two seasons other than their comeback against us under Silva.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Champions League winner vs gravy tits. 

What are the 6? I'm genuinely excited to see.

Most recent are Sigurdsson (doesn't do enough off the ball and slows it too much on it), Silva (completely incompetent), and Keane (simply not good enough and knows it, plays for himself rather than the team). 

On the other side Iwobi just needing us to play faster. One which I find hard to believe split the fans, Pickford being a top keeper. DCL being better than Richi and Tosun. 

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You are hopelessly wrong about Fat Sam in every conceivable way

You are wrong about Benitez in general but ridiculously wrong about the jobs he did at both the Shite and Newcastle  

Wrong about both Pienner & Baines

Wrong about Jagielka

Wrong about Funes Mori

Wrong about Gana

There will be way more than that but can’t be arsed anymore so will leave it there

Just saying wrong is not good enough. What's your reasoning. 

How did Benetiz do better at Newcastle than Bruce?

Wrong about Baines??

Pienaar wasn't effective. Just look at his goals and assists. We done no worse without him. Any one could have just sat on the wing and layed the ball off to Baines, if anything they'd do it better as they wouldn't try stupid back heels that never came off. 1 goal in his last three seasons at the club albeit he couldn't get in the team in his final season.

Who's better Doucoure or Gana? Is the midfield better now without him. Was it better with McCarthy and Barry before him?

Jags? Terrible choice of captain and an average defender. A young Holgate and a leggy Williams rightly kept him out the team. The player I wanted instead of him was Johnny Evans. Pretty sure you laughed at that too.

Mori. He done well for us. 

Bare in mind I said three years, you've gone back how long?

10 minutes ago, pete0 said:

What would Benetiz do with that same squad? Just look at what he done with Newcastle. Didn't score more than 2 prem goals in two seasons other than their comeback against us under Silva.

Most recent are Sigurdsson (doesn't do enough off the ball and slows it too much on it), Silva (completely incompetent), and Keane (simply not good enough and knows it, plays for himself rather than the team). 

On the other side Iwobi just needing us to play faster. One which I find hard to believe split the fans, Pickford being a top keeper. DCL being better than Richi and Tosun. 

Just saying wrong is not good enough. What's your reasoning. 

How did Benetiz do better at Newcastle than Bruce?

Wrong about Baines??

Pienaar wasn't effective. Just look at his goals and assists. We done no worse without him. Any one could have just sat on the wing and layed the ball off to Baines, if anything they'd do it better as they wouldn't try stupid back heels that never came off. 1 goal in his last three seasons at the club albeit he couldn't get in the team in his final season.

Who's better Doucoure or Gana? Is the midfield better now without him. Was it better with McCarthy and Barry before him?

Jags? Terrible choice of captain and an average defender. A young Holgate and a leggy Williams rightly kept him out the team. The player I wanted instead of him was Johnny Evans. Pretty sure you laughed at that too.

Mori. He done well for us. 

Bare in mind I said three years, you've gone back how long?

Tbf I shouldn’t have said wrong as it’s your opinion so there is no right or wrong so I will put it another way , you have some extremely bizarre opinions and let’s just leave it at that

Shellshocked that Fat Sam is still mentioned in this forum.  Literally shiver when I read his name. Sure other managers have had a longer lasting effect on the club *cough Koeman cough* but do you remember match days under Sam? What a dark joyless time that was.  Hopefully, we will be past it by the time we are in the new stadium. Rafa was not my first choice or top 5 but come on folks... 

2 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Shellshocked that Fat Sam is still mentioned in this forum.  Literally shiver when I read his name. Sure other managers have had a longer lasting effect on the club *cough Koeman cough* but do you remember match days under Sam? What a dark joyless time that was.  Hopefully, we will be past it by the time we are in the new stadium. Rafa was not my first choice or top 5 but come on folks... 

Maybe this is why @pete0 keeps defending him. From what I've gathered, Pete may very well thrive in a dark, joyless environment.

10 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Exactly, Koeman forced it on us. I doubt many managers would do differently than Alladyce did. It was a good job that we got fat Sam before Silva, as I dread to think how bad we'd have been with his football and that lot of players.

Walcott was the only exciting player to watch. So Alladyce at least addressed we needed pace. 

The first half against Burnley was no better than the unimaginative slow boring football we've endured too often since Koeman. Past few seasons at times the best part of the game for me was a pie at half time. Couldn't even give my ticket away under Silva.

Most disheartening thing for me was seeing the team sheet on the way to the game to check if Schneiderlin and Gana both started together. If there were you knew the next 90 minutes weren't gonna be fun at all.

31 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Exactly, Koeman forced it on us. I doubt many managers would do differently than Alladyce did. It was a good job that we got fat Sam before Silva, as I dread to think how bad we'd have been with his football and that lot of players.

Walcott was the only exciting player to watch. So Alladyce at least addressed we needed pace. 

The first half against Burnley was no better than the unimaginative slow boring football we've endured too often since Koeman. Past few seasons at times the best part of the game for me was a pie at half time. Couldn't even give my ticket away under Silva.

Most disheartening thing for me was seeing the team sheet on the way to the game to check if Schneiderlin and Gana both started together. If there were you knew the next 90 minutes weren't gonna be fun at all.

I should have known my comments would only further the discuss of the man. That fail is on me.

You are right that many managers would have tried to circle the wagons and just try to be hard to beat for the remainder of that season.  With that lot of players? Certainly. So no testament to Sam there. Also his transfers did not pan out at all. 50 mil down the drain (walcott and tosun).  Could have random selected a player to purchase and ended up with more pace.  We were SO slow. So total fail in that department for Sam.  Cannot fathom a single positive from his reign.

Also at least there was hope under Silva compared none under Sam.  Silva didn't work out but at least there was that.  In fact, I flew across the pond to watch a game under Silva.  Something that would have never happened under Sam.  Was the game I watched good? Nope. It was brutal a loss.  But I had hope before kick off, haha.  Also this whole Sam keeps teams up dross is so tired. There is a reason he jumps around clubs.  Guy is shameless.

Seems like people are always piling on Pete in this forum but... (and some people might disagree) but... I would rather him be at the helm than Fat Sam.  His passion and deep distain for passengers on the pitch is to be commended.  From his comments above players like Siggy, Morgan, and Keane would have never been bought and if so, at least would have been banished.  Under Pete's tutelage, that act/those acts alone would have had more of a positive effect on the team and in the psyche of Everton fans than anything Sam ever did or could do with an open checkbook.

So when you getting your badges Pete...

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

The first half was poor, nowhere near Allardyce poor but bad all the same. But the point here , that you seem to be missing, is that Rafa changed it even after we had just equalised and what followed was exhilarating

I think all of his substitutions have been spot on , each has had a positive impact on the game

Fat Sam would have settled for the point and had we just equalised the only subs he would be making would be defensive ones

If he had seen Townsend shooting from distance he would have spilt his Bisto in the rush to haul him off for not spotting the back pass instead

Surely even you can see that we are far more attacking and get the ball forward far more quickly under Rafa?

14 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The first half was poor, nowhere near Allardyce poor but bad all the same. But the point here , that you seem to be missing, is that Rafa changed it even after we had just equalised and what followed was exhilarating

I think all of his substitutions have been spot on , each has had a positive impact on the game

Fat Sam would have settled for the point and had we just equalised the only subs he would be making would be defensive ones

If he had seen Townsend shooting from distance he would have spilt his Bisto in the rush to haul him off for not spotting the back pass instead

Surely even you can see that we are far more attacking and get the ball forward far more quickly under Rafa?

It was equally as poor. Burnley had us pegged in our own half like they were man United under Ferguson. 

Why would he have settled for a point? That's just pure opinion with nothing to base it on.

Again baseless. If anything Benetiz is the one more focused on percentage football and wanting players to do exactly what he wants. Alladyce allows more freedom.

We are more attacking, but that's down to the players available. Alladyce played more attacking football with wba than he did Everton. Doucoure alone instead of Gana makes us more attacking. The team we had lacked a centre mid and pace on the wings. 

59 minutes ago, pete0 said:

It was equally as poor. Burnley had us pegged in our own half like they were man United under Ferguson. 

Why would he have settled for a point? That's just pure opinion with nothing to base it on.

Again baseless. If anything Benetiz is the one more focused on percentage football and wanting players to do exactly what he wants. Alladyce allows more freedom.

We are more attacking, but that's down to the players available. Alladyce played more attacking football with wba than he did Everton. Doucoure alone instead of Gana makes us more attacking. The team we had lacked a centre mid and pace on the wings. 

Well I quit. 

On 14/09/2021 at 15:10, pete0 said:

Because he's never come back from one goal down? Benetiz is no better than Alladyce. Only difference is the fans never gave Alladyce a chance.

Haha is this parody Pete taking over?

Fans never gave Allardyce a chance?  They actually did and he drove the majority to despair..... The worst football I have ever witnessed at Everton and I watched Mike Walkers team.

An ex Liverpool manager is more popular than that fat slobbish classless greedy cunt because he actually knows what he's doing and he's not a piss taking brown envelope taking nob head. 

36 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Haha is this parody Pete taking over?

Fans never gave Allardyce a chance?  They actually did and he drove the majority to despair..... The worst football I have ever witnessed at Everton and I watched Mike Walkers team.

An ex Liverpool manager is more popular than that fat slobbish classless greedy cunt because he actually knows what he's doing and he's not a piss taking brown envelope taking nob head. 

No they never, he came after the England sack with many bemoaning him from day one. What was the football like under Koeman that got him the sack?

Given the players Silva had at his disposal the football and results should have been a lot better. The football wasn't good enough and the results no better.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

No they never, he came after the England sack with many bemoaning him from day one. What was the football like under Koeman that got him the sack?

Given the players Silva had at his disposal the football and results should have been a lot better. The football wasn't good enough and the results no better.

I will not get dragged down this rabbit hole, I will not.

Ahh fuck it, one more comment.

Pete if you speak to West Ham, West Brom, Crystal Palace and Newcastle fans their opinion on Allardyce, the vast majority will, once you have taken the swear words out say they loathed him being their manager. They say the brand of football he plays kills the enjoyment they had watching their sides. 

They also say he made little or no effort to get to know the fans, interact with them, or embrace their clubs history. 

How do I know this, because I work with fans from most prem, championship clubs, and we all talk football.

In a previous post I said appointing Allardyce was contentious, I will change that, the vast majority of fottball fans would not want Allardyce managing their club. The vast majority of football fans from non top 6 teams would be ok Benetiz managing their club.

19 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I will not get dragged down this rabbit hole, I will not.

Ahh fuck it, one more comment.

Pete if you speak to West Ham, West Brom, Crystal Palace and Newcastle fans their opinion on Allardyce, the vast majority will, once you have taken the swear words out say they loathed his being their manager. They say the brand of football he plays kills the enjoyment they had watching their sides. 

They also say he made little or no effort to get to know the fans, interact with them, or embrace their clubs history. 

How do I know this, because I work with fans from most prem, championship clubs, and we all talk football.

In a previous post I said appointing Allardyce was contentious, I will change that, the vast majority offottball fans would not want Allardyce managing their club. The vast majority of football fans from non top 6 teams would be ok Benetiz managing their club.

Newcastle fans like Benetiz more than Bruce purely because of the name. They accepted playing shit football and just about staying up as they liked having a name in charge. Popularity polls don't mean anything. 

We all laughed when West Ham fans wanted rid of Alladyce to play the West Ham way. They're finally happy again... Now they're back to playing how fat Sam had them playing albeit Moyes at the helm.

If anything Palace were even more defensive. Hodgson did a really good job keeping them in the league but I'd hate to watch them every week the past few years. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Newcastle fans like Benetiz more than Bruce purely because of the name. They accepted playing shit football and just about staying up as they liked having a name in charge. Popularity polls don't mean anything. 

We all laughed when West Ham fans wanted rid of Alladyce to play the West Ham way. They're finally happy again... Now they're back to playing how fat Sam had them playing albeit Moyes at the helm.

If anything Palace were even more defensive. Hodgson did a really good job keeping them in the league but I'd hate to watch them every week the past few years. 

I know a few hammers fans they like Newcastle fans who ran Allardyce out the club with their protests, ran Moyes out first time round. It would be fair to say all West Ham fans didn’t want Moyes back and probably a big element still don’t want him there, but like a lot of Everton fans who still don’t want Benitez they are finding it hard to show there criticism because basically when teams are winning and points are being won you come across as a bit of a dick wanting them gone, but all that’s happened is they have become sleepers waiting for and hoping things go wrong so they can say they were right,  Benitez  is shit and a cunt and we should never have given him the job, we know it’s coming as sure as night and day. 

36 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I know a few hammers fans they like Newcastle fans who ran Allardyce out the club with their protests, ran Moyes out first time round. It would be fair to say all West Ham fans didn’t want Moyes back and probably a big element still don’t want him there, but like a lot of Everton fans who still don’t want Benitez they are finding it hard to show there criticism because basically when teams are winning and points are being won you come across as a bit of a dick wanting them gone, but all that’s happened is they have become sleepers waiting for and hoping things go wrong so they can say they were right,  Benitez  is shit and a cunt and we should never have given him the job, we know it’s coming as sure as night and day. 

People are acting like we're lucky to have him. We're a big club and should be aiming higher than a journey man who just wants to finally get a job closer to home. His biggest success was over 15 years ago and he's not lasted more than 2 seasons at any club other than Newcastle. 

So far we're 2 points down than we should be thanks to him picking Keane. 

We were lucky against Burnley. Could have easily been three down by half time. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

People are acting like we're lucky to have him. We're a big club and should be aiming higher than a journey man who just wants to finally get a job closer to home. His biggest success was over 15 years ago and he's not lasted more than 2 seasons at any club other than Newcastle. 

So far we're 2 points down than we should be thanks to him picking Keane. 

We were lucky against Burnley. Could have easily been three down by half time. 

A big name like Ancellotti, koeman?

Heres a fact for you that you won't like .... Benitez has coached our players and spent more relative time on the training pitch than koeman, Ancellotti and Allardyce put together.  

Allardyce pissed off to Spain for 3 days a week leaving training to Sammy Lee and co.  Part time manager.  

Allardyce was absolutely shit.  Lucked out by Baines and Coleman returning from injury despite wasting £50m on tosun and Walcott. 

I'm made up we have got benitez, absolutely made up.  Great manager, you can see how he got Valencia to win back to back la Ligas. 

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

Have you actually spoken to a single Newcastle fan or are you just making shit up again?

I have spoken to plenty and whilst they were obviously delighted to bring in a big name manager they loved him because of the job he did there, which is why they all wanted him back

Personally I sympathised with West Ham fans who wanted rid of Fat Sam and completely understood why as growing up I always had a soft spot for them because they were synonymous for playing good football, so no we didn’t all laugh and those that did will more than likely have been laughing at their misfortune . As for ten now playing Allardyce football you are clearly on the wind up, Moyes has got them playing fast attacking football and only Man City & Man Utd have scored more, so your chatting more bollocks there

Saying Allardyce is anything but a one dimensional dinosaur is trying too hard to be a football hipster, it's up there with saying you would rather have Chris Brunt than Steven Gerrard. 

The only possible way fans would be ok with having Allardyce as their manager is if they really fear relegation and are happy to see out the season playing for 0-0 draws.   That's essentially why fans were ok with him ...... Till they realised just how turgid the football was.  Some would have sooner be relegated than watch that.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've seen some weird conversations in this place for the decade plus I've been a member but this has to be the weirdest.

I didn't want our current incumbent, I won't ever take to him, and will feel a sense of relief when he's eventually gone (whatever the circumstances), but he's is so far above Bisto Tits. It's not even close and I cannot believe there's anyone that is even trying to say otherwise.

If we'd kept that fuck as our manager for the following season I wasn't going to be coming until he was gone. Yes, we've played some shit football under other managers but nothing gets near the turgid shite we served up under him. Nothing. I was losing the will to live and there was no way I was paying to watch any more of that.

It's beyond comprehension how anyone can paint over Allardyce as being a panic hire - the only defence of him is "he was bought in to do a job and he did it".......

But to actually say that he was hard done by or should have been given more time is absolute nonsense. 

He knew he was a short term hire, he tried to bait fans who were paying to watch the football he served up.  If he had any humility he would have said "it's not pretty but safety is what I'm here to provide" ......

For him to continue that brand of football after we had secured enough points was his way of forcing through his end of management..... He was smirking whilst doing it, he was getting his full 18 month pay off for 6 months work. He wouldn't leave it at that, took pot shots at us with every opportunity. 

Horrible man. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

A big name like Ancellotti, koeman?

Heres a fact for you that you won't like .... Benitez has coached our players and spent more relative time on the training pitch than koeman, Ancellotti and Allardyce put together.  

Allardyce pissed off to Spain for 3 days a week leaving training to Sammy Lee and co.  Part time manager.  

Allardyce was absolutely shit.  Lucked out by Baines and Coleman returning from injury despite wasting £50m on tosun and Walcott. 

I'm made up we have got benitez, absolutely made up.  Great manager, you can see how he got Valencia to win back to back la Ligas. 

Why wouldn't I like that fact? Which lets me honest can't be true given the relatively short time Benetiz has been here. Or have you personally been at Finch farm the last five years with a stop watch?

Any how, how is that even relevant. 

People have short memories. Walcott was the single player worth watching under Alladyce. Fat Sam even got goals out of Tosun, eventually after giving him extra time to get up to speed, although I do remember one inpatient fan calling him the worse manager ever for not playing Tosun every week from the off. Alladyce claims he wanted Aubamayang but the club opted for Tosun so you might want to blame Walsh for that one. Alladyce also addressed we needed a centre mid but the club failed to bring one in. Madness that Silva then spunked the budget on a winger rather than a centre mid the following summer. Alladyce would have built a better team and we'd be in a better position now rather than go full circle and get another Alladyce style manager. Only difference Benetiz tends to leave squads worse than what he begins with. 

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Have you actually spoken to a single Newcastle fan or are you just making shit up again?

I have spoken to plenty and whilst they were obviously delighted to bring in a big name manager they loved him because of the job he did there, which is why they all wanted him back

Personally I sympathised with West Ham fans who wanted rid of Fat Sam and completely understood why as growing up I always had a soft spot for them because they were synonymous for playing good football, so no we didn’t all laugh and those that did will more than likely have been laughing at their misfortune . As for ten now playing Allardyce football you are clearly on the wind up, Moyes has got them playing fast attacking football and only Man City & Man Utd have scored more, so your chatting more bollocks there

Why would I need to speak to a Newcastle fan. So they can tell me who they like more. That's not the question.

I'll ask again. How was Benetiz better than Bruce? 

41 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Why wouldn't I like that fact? Which lets me honest can't be true given the relatively short time Benetiz has been here. Or have you personally been at Finch farm the last five years with a stop watch?

People have short memories. Walcott was the single player worth watching under Alladyce. Fat Sam even got goals out of Tosun, eventually after giving him extra time to get up to speed, although I do remember one inpatient fan calling him the worse manager ever for not playing Tosun every week from the off. Alladyce claims he wanted Aubamayang but the club opted for Tosun so you might want to blame Walsh for that one. Alladyce also addressed we needed a centre mid but the club failed to bring one in. Madness that Silva then spunked the budget on a winger rather than a centre mid the following summer. Alladyce would have built a better team and we'd be in a better position now rather than go full circle and get another Alladyce style manager. Only difference Benetiz tends to leave squads worse than what he begins with. 

Why would I need to speak to a Newcastle fan. So they can tell me who they like more. That's not the question.

I know for a fact... 100% fact. 

Not even getting into the Walcott nonsense, he had a new club bounce which we seen him repeat at Southampton.  Nice lad, absolutely no football desire in him. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/11/killer-stats-the-change-from-rafa-benitez-to-steve-bruce-for-use-against-pundits-newcastle-united/

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/bruce-s-stats-don-t-stand-up-to-rafa-s-facts-newcastle-need-to-improve-quickly

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

First one is ridiculously bias from the off. It's a Bruce out piece going on about the money spent. Benetiz abandoned ship after they lost their two best players (Perez and Rondon). They only scored 4 less goals the next season without them and finished roughly the same in the league. Much harder job that Benetiz wasn't up to, fact is he knew he'd get them relegated again. Fact. 

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Let’s stop this guys. I don’t even think it’s a serious thread at the moment. It’s more like a fight. 
Putting down a lot of absolute tripe just to fight against the opposite opinion…. Without actually believing it.

That’s my last on this particular subject, no point in it.

Long and short is this..... Rafa or Allardyce/Bruce..... Only an absolute idiot would choose either of the last 2.   Both who have best mates in the media.