IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

54 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It was an example (admittedly a poor one) but if you look through the top 10 then there are average players who play every week. Iwobi used to play in Europe before he came to us and he barely looks like a footballer now. 

These players aren't terrible footballers, they are in the Premier League for a reason and they cost a fair bit of money for a reason, but for whatever reason they dont seem to show it when they pull on the blue shirt.

But Iwobi was young and had potential that they were grooming into what they hoped would be a quality player - he didn’t play in an 11 of Iwobis and they sold him because he stagnated and reached his potential.

If we fielded a team of iwobi, Rondon and Coleman for a whole season - we relegated.

Just now, Btay said:

But Iwobi was young and had potential that they were grooming into what they hoped would be a quality player - he didn’t play in an 11 of Iwobis and they sold him because he stagnated and reached his potential.

If we fielded a team of iwobi, Rondon and Coleman for a whole season - we relegated.

I dont know that Arsenal side was pretty bad too! 😂

They also didnt sell him because he stagnated. They sold him after his best season with the club. 

If we sack Benitez it will be a mistake. Whoever we get will have exactly the same set of players, with exactly the same transfer funds and exactly the same problems we have now. Our reputation will be deminished even further as we will cement our reputation as a knee jerk crisis club.

A new manager will want players to play in a new way, need more time to get them to adjust. More confusion and delay.

We have to give Benitez time to sort these problems out, sell players to raise cash and solve the obvious problems we have. To get players back from injury and to continue training the squad in what he wants.

9 minutes ago, London Blue said:

If we sack Benitez it will be a mistake. Whoever we get will have exactly the same set of players, with exactly the same transfer funds and exactly the same problems we have now. Our reputation will be deminished even further as we will cement our reputation as a knee jerk crisis club.

A new manager will want players to play in a new way, need more time to get them to adjust. More confusion and delay.

We have to give Benitez time to sort these problems out, sell players to raise cash and solve the obvious problems we have. To get players back from injury and to continue training the squad in what he wants.

Are you F ing serious? London blue? Leg it. Clueless. 1 win in 10 but let’s keep him. My Nan could get those results. Meff

22 minutes ago, London Blue said:

1 win in 10.

Despite the obvious problems at the club, any manager should be doing better than the current run of form. At the moment we're nailed on for a relegation scrap (which I don't think we would survive) which is way below what this squad is capable of.

I've said it many times, Benitez isn't the biggest problem but he's a massive one and should have ideally IMO left a few weeks ago. Sacking him in the morning would make me feel a lot better, especially as I'm sitting in the ground (bar tonight) putting up with this shit football and toxicity.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

1 win in 10.

Despite the obvious problems at the club, any manager should be doing better than the current run of form. At the moment we're nailed on for a relegation scrap (which I don't think we would survive) which is way below what this squad isn't capable.

I've said it many times, Benitez isn't the biggest problem but he's a massive one and should have ideally IMO left a few weeks ago. Sacking him in the morning would make me feel a lot better, especially as I'm sitting in the ground (bar tonight) putting up with this shit football and toxicity.

If he doesn’t go before January we will go

down! 

27 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Which players exactly? Yes, DC-L would replace Rondon, but who else? Injuries have been an excuse to cover up the manager's ineptitude. That only win in ten, by the way, was against Norwich, whereas one of the losses was at home to Watford.

The fans were split when he arrived, and they are split now. Too divisive, shouldn’t have been here in the first place. 

Still not bothered if he stays or goes, but I hope the club are speaking to other managers and if they find one who they think can do better then they should make the change. I’m not sure we can attract one though and will probably end up with Lampard or someone equally as not very exciting. 

The one thing frustrating me about Rafa is when he came in it was all about what a good coach he is on the training ground, and how he knows how to teach players and he’ll make players better. No player in that team looks better. No player has improved.

Also adding DCL and Mina to that team doesn’t make us worlds apart from what we are now. When we were missing those two and Doucoure and Richarlison I thought we were missing too much, but now I just don’t see it. It’s all not good enough. Not all Rafa’s fault, but he doesn’t look like the solution to the problem either. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

He's going to relegate us.

I said hiring him would be a mistake but even I'm shocked at just how badly this is going.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

There is literally fuck all Benetiz can do with this lot.

Stop it, stop giving him an out. He got the job because he made people believe that he could do something with this lot - that is the entire reason he's in the job!

Apparently, he was the man to get us looking at least organised, even if we'd be boring as shit to watch. Nope. Defensively we're all over the fucking place and look like conceding from every attack and every corner. We don't look organised in attack either - every time we go forward in our haphazard way we look like we'll concede then as well because everyone is all over the fucking place.

I'm angry as fuck at him, the players, the fucking board. There's nothing good about this club, it's rotten to the core.

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Stop it, stop giving him an out. He got the job because he made people believe that he could do something with this lot - that is the entire reason he's in the job!

Apparently, he was the man to get us looking at least organised, even if we'd be boring as shit to watch. Nope. Defensively we're all over the fucking place and look like conceding from every attack and every corner. We don't look organised in attack either - every time we go forward in our haphazard way we look like we'll concede then as well because everyone is all over the fucking place.

I'm angry as fuck at him, the players, the fucking board. There's nothing good about this club, it's rotten to the core.

So tell us what you really think.

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's going to relegate us.

I said hiring him would be a mistake but even I'm shocked at just how badly this is going.

We are not going to get relegated.

We have no threat up front because we lack a striker, Rondon is aweful and signing him was a mistake, but with the injuries we have and the squad we have mid table is what we will end up being. 

I expect Brands to go as the sacrificial offering to the fans, I expect us to get players in over the winter window, mostly on loan.

I dont expect Benitiz to go, I dont want him to go, , but if he does then the only manager I would want would be Graham Potter. 

This is a tough time for us, but we will get through this, we just have to stay strong and united.

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

We are not going to get relegated.

I really don't know how you can be so confident in that statement. We comfortably play the worst football in the league, which makes it hard for an already split fanbase to get behind the team during a game. 

This is only going to go one way with this manager, LB. He's not going to be here long-term, whether he relegates us not (I hope not because if we go down we won't come back any time soon). He was never the right man for the job, and he never will be. 

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I really don't know how you can be so confident in that statement. We comfortably play the worst football in the league, which makes it hard for an already split fanbase to get behind the team during a game. 

This is only going to go one way with this manager, LB. He's not going to be here long-term, whether he relegates us not (I hope not because if we go down we won't come back any time soon). He was never the right man for the job, and he never will be. 

I understand you're upset, but you're havin a laugh with that statement

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm really not. Having a laugh with that statement, I mean. We can barely pass to a team mate, so I have no idea what we do in training. It's pathetic.

Have you watched Norwich and Newcastle this year? We're poor right now, very poor, but to say we "comfortably play the worst football in the league" is beyond hyperbole

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hear you mate just I am sick to death of giving these players an out. I don’t love Benitez’s style but we need a re build. 

Moshiri has more to answer for, we’ve been wreckless for years and it’s fully catching up to us.

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Have you watched Norwich and Newcastle this year? We're poor right now, very poor, but to say we "comfortably play the worst football in the league" is beyond hyperbole

Yes I have, and only Newcastle manage to put more than 10 passes together less often than us. So maybe it's a toss up between us two, but that Newcastle team beat us twice last season with the utmost ease and it will not be a surprise if they do it to us again this season. Probably for their only wins all season long :lol:.

Talking of hyperbole. Please tell me you don't pronounce it in that fucked up way a lot of Americans do?

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

I hear you mate just I am sick to death of giving these players an out. I don’t love Benitez’s style but we need a re build. 

Moshiri has more to answer for, we’ve been wreckless for years and it’s fully catching up to us.

They're not getting an out though - they were told to fuck off by the crowd after the Brentford game when they went over to them, they get slaughtered all over social media, we give them stick on here. But this is his thread so it's where he's going to get stick.

To be honest, I find the players almost as hard to like as I do the manager.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yes I have, and only Newcastle manage to put more than 10 passes together less often than us. So maybe it's a toss up between us two, but that Newcastle team beat us twice last season with the utmost ease and it will not be a surprise if they do it to us again this season. Probably for their only wins all season long :lol:.

Talking of hyperbole. Please tell me you don't pronounce it in that fucked up way a lot of Americans do?

Well now you have me questioning how I pronounce it... it's.... it's hy-per-bowl-ee, right??