IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

I’m not going to ask for his head.

But I just watched Gordon who has no left foot cut I side literally every time he touched the ball. And he got left there for the lions.

While on the other side Iwobi just Iwobied the ball every time.

Now imagine changing it round for a bit and giving the right footed guy a chance to get the ball into the box? 

I know I know, I’m a pioneer, thinking outside the box and that!

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Who do we bring in if Rafa is sacked. Who's the next stop-gap manager?

Believe me this appointment isn’t working and won’t work. It is completely wrong on all accounts. I wasn’t bothered about him being an ex Kopite. 

What I can clearly see though is it’s not working on and off the pitch and is highly highly unlikely ever too. The players look disinterested. It just shows how good a manager Ancelotti was that he had this group up the top end of the table virtually the whole season. 

We are in serious trouble if this continues. 

4 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Believe me this appointment isn’t working and won’t work. It is completely wrong on all accounts. I wasn’t bothered about him being an ex Kopite. 

What I can clearly see though is it’s not working on and off the pitch and is highly highly unlikely ever too. The players look disinterested. It just shows how good a manager Ancelotti was that he had this group up the top end of the table virtually the whole season. 

We are in serious trouble if this continues. 

Carlo Ancelotti can fuck right off. Forever and always.

8 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

No doubt there will be banners on Wednesday saying well done Raffa, you're doing a great job.

Agent Rafa it’ll be. Oh and they’ll have a song to go with it too. Let’s hope we don’t get a hide in as it will be very very ugly if we do. 

31 minutes ago, StevO said:

We really need consistency at the club if we want any long term improvement, but I don’t see him being in a job come January. I’ve no idea where we go from here and I can’t see any way Wednesday isn’t one of the worst days in my lifetime supporting Everton. 

I’ve listed my ticket (and my dad’s) - just can’t face the 200mile round trip in shit weather - getting home at 12:30 to get up at 6:30 - can’t be arsed! Gone for 0-5 on my Super 6 - really can’t see any other outcome at the moment.

1 hour ago, Tonsta said:

I hear what people say about injuries, and full squads, but this was Brentford, championship team, Watford no wins put five past us at Goodison, this is a lot more than a few players missing. Displays have been dire; you don't need to be a top player to work hard.

This is very hard to take today because I’m pretty sure every other team in the league beats Brentford today as they were so poor. This isn’t the Brentford who beat Arsenal and matched Chelsea/Liverpool; they’ve got a few injuries and look very average. Sadly, we’re an absolute shambles. Okay, our defence (bar Coleman) and midfield look okay but where would you rank Iwobi, Townsend, Gordon and Rondon as an attacking 4? I don’t think, there’s a weaker front 4 if you look at the weekend line-ups. In reality, all are back-up but that in itself is worrying. I like Gordon and am happy to have Townsend as an option but in reality, unless we are pretty much fully fit, we are a very poor side.

3 hours ago, Tonsta said:

No doubt there will be banners on Wednesday saying well done Raffa, you're doing a great job.

3 hours ago, MC11 said:

Agent Rafa it’ll be. Oh and they’ll have a song to go with it too. Let’s hope we don’t get a hide in as it will be very very ugly if we do. 

All of which says more about them to disrespect someone who did so much for their club and left on reasonable terms. I think Rafa would be proper hurt by those type of banners - to question his integrity, wild only spur him on. 

Regardless we are in such a bad spot. The longer this goes to more I’m frustrated at our spending over the last few years. Koeman and Walsh in particular. We’ve paid out over £100 million pounds for players who’ve hardly kicked a ball and it’s disgusting. 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

This is very hard to take today because I’m pretty sure every other team in the league beats Brentford today as they were so poor. This isn’t the Brentford who beat Arsenal and matched Chelsea/Liverpool; they’ve got a few injuries and look very average. Sadly, we’re an absolute shambles. Okay, our defence (bar Coleman) and midfield look okay but where would you rank Iwobi, Townsend, Gordon and Rondon as an attacking 4? I don’t think, there’s a weaker front 4 if you look at the weekend line-ups. In reality, all are back-up but that in itself is worrying. I like Gordon and am happy to have Townsend as an option but in reality, unless we are pretty much fully fit, we are a very poor side.

I hear what you say, one of them forwards probably the worst cost 35 mil, the reason the others are there is because the way the club is run, and allowing us to be restrained by the financial rules. All season its always if Mina was fit or DCL or Dacou, we have had them play, not all the time, but our problems are still there. Kean and Delph have even gone from poor to ok back to poor again, Last season was poor apart from a good start the standard was dire at times, we lost more home games than at any other time in our history, the only reason Carlo was given so much leeway is because his reputation was above reproach, but he was poor. The club needs a complete change of direction, and DOF who knows what he is doing, not someone who picks targets from youtube, we can all do that. Our problem is not who plays but the attitude in which they play, Brentford's forward line and Norwich to name 2 have worse forwards than us today, but they had a lot more bottle desire, work ethic, whatever you want to call it. Sure, with our first-choice players we should do better, but without them we should fight as good as anyone in the league. There is not talent required for effort.

So much flying around twitter suggesting Rafa is in big trouble. Evidently it's not going well for him. It baffles me the fans are blaming the manager. Look at the state of the squad, the dreadful investment over previous years, the current injuries. Rafa was brought in and given a kitty of £2m by all reckoning, what on earth was he supposed to do with that? The squad we have isn't strong enough to compete for a top 6 spot. What's any manager supposed to do with it, let alone Rafa? I'm at a loss for what direction the club needs to take if they do decide to sack him, a manager who shouldn't have been brought in in the first place. There are plenty that would jump at the chance to manage us, but none if any would be good enough. There doesn't seem to be any money to spend unless we offload some of our best players, who I wouldn't blame for wanting to leave. The only other option would be to bring a manger in to build a squad i.e a Graham Potter (who I doubt would want to come here unless we fill his pockets enough). The issue with this is that we seem to have a board who aren't capable of allowing the people they employ to do their job, they seem to think they know what's best for the club even if it is out of their expertise.

I'm afraid with clubs around us like Brentford, Brighton, West Ham, Leicester, Villa who all seem to be run far better than we do that there is only one way for us, and that's mid table mediocrity for the mid term future.

It's about time we start losing our ego and realising what state the club is actually in, and no manager or stadium is going to fix that anytime soon.

37 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'm afraid with clubs around us like Brentford, Brighton, West Ham, Leicester, Villa who all seem to be run far better than we do that there is only one way for us, and that's mid table mediocrity for the mid term future.

This season I'd very happily take mid-table mediocrity, I fear the reality will be worse.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

This season I'd very happily take mid-table mediocrity, I fear the reality will be worse.

Realistically, mid table mediocrity is where we are - our average position has been 9th since Moyes left and that’s after spending how many million? Moyes only finished below 8th on 2 occasions in his 11 whole seasons. We’re just not very good and have probably been the most overrated team in the league in recent years. Mid table mediocrity would be easier to take if I could see we were building something but I just don’t see that joined up thinking at EFC and I don’t see much to be proud of… in fact, if we weren’t moving into the new stadium, I’d happily give up my season ticket and I’ve felt this for the past few seasons.

2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

in fact, if we weren’t moving into the new stadium, I’d happily give up my season ticket and I’ve felt this for the past few seasons.

That's a sad statement, however I feel a lot of fans are getting to this level of disappointment the last few seasons.

I haven't been excited to watch us play in months, regardless of the opposition. I don't even get angry watching the game when we're bad now, like it's so expected all I can do is laugh and shrug my shoulders.

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I haven't been excited to watch us play in months, regardless of the opposition. I don't even get angry watching the game when we're bad now, like it's so expected all I can do is laugh and shrug my shoulders.

This run has been different level for me; many times over the years I've been depressed about where we are but there's always been a bit of hope, at the moment there isn't.

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Exactly this!

Although, I did get excited getting back to Goodison after lockdown for Southampton - short lived!

21 minutes ago, Aidan said:

That's a sad statement, however I feel a lot of fans are getting to this level of disappointment the last few seasons.

See I was feeling great after the 1-1 draw with United. 14 points through 7 played, some good looking football as well. Then the injuries started piling up and the wheels fell off, and now I'm in that same boat as you.

I really, really don't want to see Rafa go. Not because I think he's the right long-term answer for us (because I don't) but because I am sick and fucking tired of the coaching carousel around here for the better part of a decade. I want to see us commit to trying to build something.

Sadly, I don't see Rafa with us when we hit 2022. And I shudder to think of who we will bring in to replace him, most notably Nuno. 

On 28/11/2021 at 13:56, dunlopp9987 said:

Carlo Ancelotti can fuck right off. Forever and always.

Our view of Ancelotti, of course, is coloured by the way he departed. But think about it: Derby win? Beating most of the top clubs? It's going to take time before we can view his legacy objectively, but he was certainly not the worst of managers.

3 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Our view of Ancelotti, of course, is coloured by the way he departed. But think about it: Derby win? Beating most of the top clubs? It's going to take time before we can view his legacy objectively, but he was certainly not the worst of managers.

Every team beat every team in empty stadiums - the results stand but they’re all a bit of an anomaly.

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Sure, but one thing I'll always remember is that he seemed to stop giving a fuck at some point last season, which is what we always slag off the players for. Believe me I was on cloud nine when we won at Anfield, but I'm also very aware that had there been a normal full house that night, it would have been a different story.

I think Carlo benefited greatly from the lack of fans.