• Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Allan
    • Anthony Gordon
    • Andros Townsend
    • Demarai Gray
    • Richarlison
    • Mason Holgate
    • André Gomes

Richy - amazing job. Ran and fought for everything. 

Gray - has that ability in him, always looked a threat and you can see he is up for it.

Allan - watch his reaction to richys goal, he is nutcase but he is our nutcase. Passion personified 

Fans - were amazing, unbelievable. More of the same.

Yes I’m still unbeaten when at Goodison! 😀

Richarlison for me, looked dead on his feet but never stopped running and chasing everything down.

When we went 2-1 up after laying around a while he ran straight back to defend at kick off.

Gray I didn’t think did massive amounts for large periods but that X factor to run at people and hit that kind of shot from outside the box is just what we need.

Good to have Gomes back, looked a bit sloppy early on but he’s been out a while, really made a difference.

Gordon I thought was really good as well, worked really hard winning the ball back, making some good runs

Finally a MOTM thread where it's difficult to pick the winner for all the right reasons! Keane was much improved, as were Coleman and Godfrey. 

Gray deserves a shout for that unbelievable strike, massive credit to Anthony Gordon and Gomes when he came on too.

MOTM goes to Richarlison though, should have been a hat-trick and was absolutely everywhere on the pitch. Scored his (given) goal and then ended up at our corner flag a minute later to defend, top marks. 10/10.

Richarlison.

I was impressed with his attitude just as much as his actual performance. We know he is easily frustrated and tends to throw a tantrum when that happens, so when he had two goals ruled out it wouldn’t have surprised me if he’d lost his head a bit. But his head never dropped and he just stuck at it and stuck at it, and eventually got his reward. 

Either Gray or Richarlison, though I voted for Gomes, whose ability to control the ball while denying defenders a touch is always very impressive.  He’s very hard to dispossess, and his coolness was a (not the) difference-maker in the final 30 minutes.

I’ve said before and continue to believe he’s more effective in 2d half, when opponents begin to tire, so that Gomes’s lack of pace doesn’t show so much.  He’s more likely to help the team in the final 30-40 than the first 60 minutes.

3 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’ve  said before and continue to believe he’s more effective in 2d half, when opponents begin to tire, so that Gomes’s lack of pace doesn’t show so much.  He’s more likely to help the team in the final 30-40 than the first 60 minutes.

that’s a very good point, and I agree.

Good performances all over the park and when they all up the effort as they did we are a different side. Good blocks from Godfrey and Coleman, a bad last minute miss by aybamayang (sp) but we deserved the win last night. Good game from Gray. Goal and assist. 

But my man of the match has to be Richarlison, 2 disallowed goals by fractions of an inch would have deflated anybody else but Richie upped his determination and got the just reward in the end. Must have covered more miles than anybody else on the pitch. A great performance and I actually seen him smile at the end. 😁