IGNORED

Final Position with New Management in Place

MikeO

Finishing position  

32 members have voted

1. 1. ???

I can see us doing better than Leeds, Brentford, Palace and Southampton but will be keeping a close eye on Newcastle, although I doubt they will finish above us either.

That would leave us 12th to challenge Wolves, Brighton, Leicester and Villa for a top 8 spot. 6th or 7th we have no chance.

I'm not sure how sustainable Wolves football is, and Brighton are a good team but draw a lot of games.

Villa and Leicester have a very strong squad, so they're the ones we need to be challenging with. I voted 13/14/15, but I'm going to change my mind and say 10th.

Although buoyed by recent optimism, we could easily still go down. Hopefully, Frank / Dele / Donny will be the lifelines that pull us to safety, though the leaky defence has me worried. Just watched a documentary on the Titanic, which I proabably shouldn't have done... 15th, hopefully!

Edited by Formby

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The bottom of the table is really starting to close up. The bottom 3 still look a little adrift but there are a lot of places to be climbed above that. 

If only we had an easier run of games! 

I would say that Watford and Brentford are in the most trouble. Newcastle will escape, no doubt. Burnley and Norwich are toss-ups, although I suspect Burnley will survive. You're right that it's going to remain close.

I'll take 17th and above, most important thing is to survive.

If  Frank can get us firing, we avoid too many injuries then in the summer with the players out of contract we can let him build a proper squad with his own choice of players.

It's early but if we can get some sort of momentum, get the players get belief back, then we could finish a lot higher up the table.

I have very high hopes for us under Frank and his (big) team. Glad he has a big team with him, more expert opinions / ideas / coaches the better!

Interesting article from ESPN about the relegation fight. Out of the bottom 7 clubs, we're second most likely to stay up with 14% odds of relegation. Only Brentford with 11% are higher.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4595782/premier-league-relegation-fight-whos-shaping-up-for-a-return-to-the-championship-in-2022-23

6 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Interesting article from ESPN about the relegation fight. Out of the bottom 7 clubs, we're second most likely to stay up with 14% odds of relegation. Only Brentford with 11% are higher.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4595782/premier-league-relegation-fight-whos-shaping-up-for-a-return-to-the-championship-in-2022-23

It is an interesting article. Personally, I think Brentford are in more trouble than the writer suggests, and I'd put them on a par with Burnley for being the third most likely to be relegated. Indeed, the three relegated could well be the three promoted last season.