IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

We 100% need him to find form. That non goal against Newcastle shows he is capable. It was a great finish. It still would have boosted his confidence.

Need to get behind the lad for the next 5 games. Then, unfortunately, get a more reliable replacement. 

Or, if he shows he can stay fit we find someone to complement him.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Or, if he shows he can stay fit we find someone to complement him.

Yeah...I think that's unlikely though.

I think we've all been around football long enough to know when a player is missing so much through niggles, is it 2 seasons now?, he's not likely to change. Shame really.

4 teams for 2 spots: Us, Leicester, Forest, Leeds. Very small chance West Ham get dragged back in. 

Shite away 1 (0)
leeds home 3 (
3)
Villa home 3 (0)
Arsenal away 0 (0)
Forest away 1 (1)
brentford home 1 (3)
chelsea away 0 (1)
Spurs home 0 (1)
utd away 0 (0)
fulham home 3 (0)
Palace away 1 (1)
Newcastle home 0 (0)
leicester away 1
Brighton away 0
city home 0 
wolves away 1
bournemouth home 3

Original projected points: 36 points
Current projected points: 33 points

WHU (15th on 34pts) - City (a), United (h), Brentford (a), Leeds (h), Leicester (a)

Leeds (16th on 30pts) - Bournemouth (a), City (a), Newcastle (h), West Ham (a), Spurs (h) 

Forest (17th on 30pts) - Southampton (h), Chelsea (a) Arsenal (h), Palace (a)

Leicester (18th on 29pts) - Everton (h), Fulham (a), Liverpool (h), Newcastle (a), WHU (h)

Everton (17th on 28pts) - Leicester (a), Brighton (a), City (h), Wolves (a), Bournemouth (h)

Southampton (20th on 24pts) - Newcastle (a), Forest (a), Fulham (h), Brighton (a), Liverpool (h)

`

We did try for Gyorkes didn’t we, but they said he wasn’t available and would be staying for the rest of the season. Same with a few others.

It got to the point where we just needed to bring someone on for the sake of another body, and unfortunately that’s what we did. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’m not nervous about the games, I’m getting more nervous about tactics and team selection. 

it appears the dyche clean slate is getting cloggy.  Patterson, Coady, Mina, not getting a chance but Keane, iwobi, maupay, Godfrey seemingly are ok in his eyes. 

You forgot Holgate 😂

4 minutes ago, RPG said:

Well, every result this weekend has gone our way.

Soton must be resigned to relegation now and Leeds are in freefall. Forest must be demoralised after losing so late to Brentford.

It would be great to beat Leicester tomorrow but given the current form of Soton, Forest and Leeds, a draw would not be the end of the world.

RPG, would you please stop mentioning draws not being the end of the world. 😭 You can say it on the last game of the season when we're already down or, in the alternative universe, when we're safe. 👍

7 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

3 points from the Leicester game would put us top of what I'm calling the relegation league (pos. 16-20).

It would give us such a boost going into the final 4 games. Leaving it much more in our hands.

However, can't see it happening.

Oh I can. But I fear its going to be like that Blackpook game that ended up 5-3. They've got a much better squad than us and in general vs their league position, just need to shut down Teilmans and Barnes (I think) and they should be more defensive.

Anyway, results have taken some of the pressure off us today. It's still in our hands, and 4 more games after that. Took us until game 37 last year, we're on 33. Tight, but still doable. 

Anyone know what the table looked like this time last year?

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh I can. But I fear its going to be like that Blackpook game that ended up 5-3. They've got a much better squad than us and in general vs their league position, just need to shut down Teilmans and Barnes (I think) and they should be more defensive.

Anyway, results have taken some of the pressure off us today. It's still in our hands, and 4 more games after that. Took us until game 37 last year, we're on 33. Tight, but still doable. 

Anyone know what the table looked like this time last year?

We're on 28 points, Matt.

We could not have asked for better results this weekend. 

Need to take insperation from last season when we went Leiceter and came back with three points. A fucking huge game for both team. I feel the winner from this game gets the momentum to stays in the Premier league and the loser goes down. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

We could not have asked for better results this weekend. 

Need to take insperation from last season when we went Leiceter and came back with three points. A fucking huge game for both team. I feel the winner from this game gets the momentum to stays in the Premier league and the loser goes down. 

What happens if it’s a draw 🤷‍♂️