IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

I'd written off West Ham as regelation contenders but on reflection, I think they are by no means safe. Next two games are against the two Manchester teams, then they are away to Brentford, before two potentially massive 6 pointers against fellow strugglers Leeds and Leicester. In between all that they've got at least two high-stakes European games. They could well be in the back in the mix for relegation come the final day of the season.   🤔

40 minutes ago, Btay said:

If we play how did against Newcastle for the first 20 minutes and Leicester (minus the individual errors) all games are winnable bar city perhaps.

That's the frustrating thing. We have the ability to put a bit of pressure on teams, but lack the cutting edge to make that count and have an abundance of error-proneness at the back!

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I would snap your arm off for 2 points from the next 2 games, we just need to still be in with a chance of survival by the time we play Wolves

I think Wolves and Bournemouth are both winnable, even for us

I'm hoping the same. Both Wolves and Bournemouth have nothing to play for now, whereas we've got everything to play for. 

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm hoping the same. Both Wolves and Bournemouth have nothing to play for now, whereas we've got everything to play for. 

Exactly, if we start the game hard and fast they aren’t going to fancy the physical battle.

Man City play is right in the middle of their semi final. Second leg is 3 days later.   If arsenal by some amazing result lose to Chelsea tonight and Man City stuff Leeds then pep could have the ability to play a second string and still not get 3 points against us knowing that they could be home and dry anyway. He wants the champions league 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Man City play is right in the middle of their semi final. Second leg is 3 days later.   If arsenal by some amazing result lose to Chelsea tonight and Man City stuff Leeds then pep could have the ability to play a second string and still not get 3 points against us knowing that they could be home and dry anyway. He wants the champions league 

The problem is City’s third string are far superior to us!

Wolves have a horribly good home form at the moment.  3 wins in a row and 4 in their last 5.

The only thing you can really say against them is that they don't score many.

Similarly Brighton have won 3 and drawn 1 of their last 5!

I'd rather not mention Bournemouth having won their last 3 away games! :(

Hopefully Fulham and City get the results this weekend against Leicester and Leeds and we can at least jump out of the relegation zone if we get a draw.  Forest v Southampton the next day is anyones guess really!

In my dream last night we beat City 2-0 with a worldie of a performance from Pickford keeping 6 or 7 shots out and DCL scoring 2 goals on quick counter attacks in the second half.  Fingers crossed for that one!

We don 't make it easy, do we? It's going to come down to the final two games of the season. Let's hope it's against teams that are safe and therefore are disinterested.

One disturbing thought I had last night (and please don't pan me for it) is about the new stadium. If we are relegated, our finances will no longer support that stadium, and a likely course of action would be for the owners to try to sell it. There's only one other team in Liverpool that has the finances to buy it...

9 minutes ago, CraigJarrett said:

I don't see any points coming from Brighton or Man City to be honest. Wolves maybe so. Bournemouth have comfortably beaten us twice this season already and on top of that our fate may already be sealed before going into that game sadly.

One season outside the Premier League in that stadium should be okay but if we do what Leeds did and spend years outside the PL then......selling the stadium may actually become a reality because filling it on match days is going to be tough outside the PL.

No it won’t struggle to be filled, It won’t be getting sold either.  

Your passive aggressive posts stick out like a bulldogs bollocks,  fook me do you think we are stupid, maybe I’m the only one stupid enough to reply. 

20 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

We don 't make it easy, do we? It's going to come down to the final two games of the season. Let's hope it's against teams that are safe and therefore are disinterested.

One disturbing thought I had last night (and please don't pan me for it) is about the new stadium. If we are relegated, our finances will no longer support that stadium, and a likely course of action would be for the owners to try to sell it. There's only one other team in Liverpool that has the finances to buy it...

Yeah there is an easy way of doing things and then there is the Everton way!

6 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Nothing to play for except see us go down?

Why should either of them care who goes down? They can put up a fight for nothing or can turn up and treat it like training. At the end of a long, worrying season for both teams, I imagine they'll have beaches in mind over potentially 1 place higher in the table. 

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Sums it up nicely

"If Everton are to survive to be part of the 2023-24 Premier League, they are going to have to stop being the masters of self-sabotage: cutting out errors that lead to goals, squandering big chances and gifting possession carelessly. In other words, quickly learn how to help themselves"

There’s a lot of truth in what you say, the fans are doing everything they can, we just need the players and management to make sure they match the fans efforts. 

The issue for me is that whilst I think we are capable of getting into good positions in all 4 remaining games, the players are showing shocking tendancies of bottling it. 

Their keeper made some good saves yesterday but he shouldnt have had the chance. Against Newcastle we got into some good positions and the passing was shocking. 

I think we need something from Brighton/City because I dont see us being clinical enough to gaurentee to win both of the last two games.

8 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Oh 100%, I just mean the timing of it with just 4 games left

Still 12 points to play for and they're not bottom 3. Actually sounds logical, especially since their achilles heel is defence 

2 minutes ago, CraigJarrett said:

People need to grow a sense of humor and stop being such wet wipes. Now more than ever with all this cancel culture and woke rubbish going on.

Or he's just not funny? His "humour" isn't remotely linked to work or cancel culture, its just not funny.