IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

What does someone's fashion and/or hobby have anything to do with how they do their job? 

Wait, I know this one; Fuck. All.

for me the whole Tom Davies DCL fancy dress double act is getting beyond tedious.   It’s not even fashion… it’s basically “look at me” clobber.  Two very very average/underperforming/not playing footballers.

maybe I’m an Everton Da……  the new hip word to describe old arse, old school fans who can’t handle watching 2 players who have supposedly come through the ranks of under 23 football to play for us and who are acting like they are poster boys for outlandish “bet you won’t wear this for a dare” clothing. 

meanwhile the club are headed for the championship where I’m sure they will look like even bigger bellends turning up at Stoke looking like Derrick zoolander. 

maybe I’m old school… but let’s be honest, if I’m an opposing player and I see a squad of players where one carries handbags and advertises shavers with 3 goals to his name and another looks like crusty the clown then psychologically I’m winning. 

the club smacks of half arsed unprofessional attitudes where players seemingly are happy to just turn up and pick up a wage to support their lifestyle…..maybe this epitomises it. maybe I’m just fucked off with the lot of them. 

can’t wait to see the back of 80% of these wage thieves

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I  see Everton losing the next two game and Burnley winning there next two (Wolves at home and Watford away). Even if we some how win one, I still think there is a good chance we are in the bottom three. 

If we are to stay up I really think Leeds now need to go on a terrible run, as their run in is pretty tough.

It's not getting beat by Liverpool or Chelsea that is taking us down, it was the recent Burnley loss and many that have gone before it.  

I am currently resigned to the fact we are most likely playing second tier football next year. My only solace being it will lead to and even bigger clear out of the dross of playing staff.

That Burnley loss was an absolute killer. If we'd won that we'd be within touching distance of safety. Even if we'd got a draw out of it we'd be in a much better position than we are now. 

Then Richarlison being a pretty shit finisher cost us against Leicester as well. If he could finish we'd not be worried, or as worried at least. I know he ended up getting us a point but he cost us two really. I'm not having a go at him, it's just the reality.

The small margins are costing us big time at the moment, they're not going our way at all, and it's all our own fault.

Burnley are on the best run of the season. It’s not the norm for them. Honestly can’t see them bursting up the league. 
It’s still in our own hands. A fine margins for us and we’re climbing.

Mistakes cut out, Richie being able to finish. Our performances have got better recently, even the ones we’ve lost.

If we get a tonking from the shite by 3 or 4 our goal difference will be 5 or 6 behind Burnley which will be hard to claw back, we need to keep the shite as quite as possible the 3rd relegation spot could easily be decided on goal difference and could even be Leeds who’s GD is far worse than ours. So many permutations still in this fight to avoid 18th place. 

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

for me the whole Tom Davies DCL fancy dress double act is getting beyond tedious.   It’s not even fashion… it’s basically “look at me” clobber.  Two very very average/underperforming/not playing footballers.

maybe I’m an Everton Da……  the new hip word to describe old arse, old school fans who can’t handle watching 2 players who have supposedly come through the ranks of under 23 football to play for us and who are acting like they are poster boys for outlandish “bet you won’t wear this for a dare” clothing. 

meanwhile the club are headed for the championship where I’m sure they will look like even bigger bellends turning up at Stoke looking like Derrick zoolander. 

maybe I’m old school… but let’s be honest, if I’m an opposing player and I see a squad of players where one carries handbags and advertises shavers with 3 goals to his name and another looks like crusty the clown then psychologically I’m winning. 

the club smacks of half arsed unprofessional attitudes where players seemingly are happy to just turn up and pick up a wage to support their lifestyle…..maybe this epitomises it. maybe I’m just fucked off with the lot of them. 

can’t wait to see the back of 80% of these wage thieves

What if people judged you on your profession because you play golf? A game where you wander (or drive) around and occasionally swing a stick to hit a ball. It would be ludicrous right?

I get the frustration but players have a life outside of their job. If they can find happiness outside of their work which is fucking miserable at the moment, why shouldn't they?

4 hours ago, RPG said:

Looking at Leeds' remaining fixtures I would agree that we have as much chance of catching Leeds as Burnley has of catching us. Leeds could easily lose their next 4 games ((Palace (a), Man C (h), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h)) and that would change everything.

Exactly what I’m getting at, all the talk seems to be about a Burnley Everton fight off to avoid the drop, but Leeds are far from safe with a shite goal difference. 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

What if people judged you on your profession because you play golf? A game where you wander (or drive) around and occasionally swing a stick to hit a ball. It would be ludicrous right?

I get the frustration but players have a life outside of their job. If they can find happiness outside of their work which is fucking miserable at the moment, why shouldn't they?

Trust me, I have pondered this for quite some time.  I totally get the freedom to express yourself etc etc etc. 

for me the club is in dire need of strong direction, discipline, professionalism…. It’s about reading the room as much as anything. 

whether we like it or not perception is reality… if we were sitting pretty no one would give a stuff what people are wearing. The fact is we are in the shit, there is plenty of noise that we have a bunch of half arsed wage thieves who aren’t feeling like the fans…. Fear and a general sense of desperation.  

I’m sorry but Davies along with dcl love having statement pictures of themselves being daring with their fashion.  This isn’t the time to be turning up on the touch line looking ridiculous in attention seeking/grabbing attire. 

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Exactly what I’m getting at, all the talk seems to be about a Burnley Everton fight off to avoid the drop, but Leeds are far from safe with a shite goal difference. 

There not totally out of it by any means but I just don’t see us making up the 4 points difference so I fear that I will be going to as many Premiership games as your average Kopite next season

5 hours ago, RPG said:

Looking at Leeds' remaining fixtures I would agree that we have as much chance of catching Leeds as Burnley has of catching us. Leeds could easily lose their next 4 games ((Palace (a), Man C (h), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h)) and that would change everything.

I had no idea that was Leeds fixtures. We could do with them losing all four even just to put another name in the mix. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Perception is only reality for the people who are bothered by it. So for you what Tom Davies or DCL wears is a problem, so it’s the reality for you. For people who couldn’t give a shit what another person is wearing it isn’t their reality. 
Frank is clearly in the second category or he would do something about it. 

Frank from what I was told was very bothered by dcl and his modelling and asked him to be mindful of it.  Rumoured but was told by two different people. 

I think at this moment in time he’s picking his battles. I don’t really think he’s in a position to fall out with people over what they wear. Don’t be surprised to see a change in this regard.  He’s unlikely to go public about it but I think there are going to be huge changes in the club.

Just now, Hafnia said:

Frank from what I was told was very bothered by dcl and his modelling and asked him to be mindful of it.  Rumoured but was told by two different people. 

I think at this moment in time he’s picking his battles. I don’t really think he’s in a position to fall out with people over what they wear. Don’t be surprised to see a change in this regard.  He’s unlikely to go public about it but I think there are going to be huge changes in the club.

Who told you?

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

2 lads at golf club, one of which bus home and away fan who goes to fan forums etc.  could be bollocks but I’m sharing it

Fucking hell. Me and my mate I go the match with are shareholders. We also know fuck all about what Frank really thinks about fashion. 😂 if it helps I’ve got a membership to a golf club too. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Fucking hell. Me and my mate I go the match with are shareholders. We also know fuck all about what Frank really thinks about fashion. 😂 if it helps I’ve got a membership to a golf club too. 

Ok Let’s just wait to hear from frank to understand what is actually true…. In fact it’s probably a good idea to close the transfer thread down too. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Ok Let’s just wait to hear from frank to understand what is actually true…. In fact it’s probably a good idea to close the transfer thread down too. 

Well Frank actually did say he didn’t care about this stuff when we signed Dele. 
But come on, I was at least expecting John Ebbrell or some other ex pro. But your mates from the golf club? Who go to games home and away and to fans forums? You say the rumour like it’s gospel but this is the source. 
You think being at a home or away game gives extra insight into the thoughts of the manager? Or that Frank tells the people running the fans forum what he thinks of a player? You’ve properly made me laugh with this one! 😂

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

Well Frank actually did say he didn’t care about this stuff when we signed Dele. 
But come on, I was at least expecting John Ebbrell or some other ex pro. But your mates from the golf club? Who go to games home and away and to fans forums? You say the rumour like it’s gospel but this is the source. 
You think being at a home or away game gives extra insight into the thoughts of the manager? Or that Frank tells the people running the fans forum what he thinks of a player? You’ve properly made me laugh with this one! 😂

I haven’t made you laugh be honest….  I read about this the other day.

when someone says it made me laugh you saying this, they didn’t really laugh, it’s a passive aggressive way of expressing irritation. Go one be honest - did you really laugh? 

does me having had the occasional chat with an ex Everton player annoy you?  I wasn’t even bringing him up and since the last time I even spoke to him you’ve mentioned his name a few times.  

23 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

when someone says it made me laugh you saying this, they didn’t really laugh, it’s a passive aggressive way of expressing irritation. Go one be honest - did you really laugh? 

does me having had the occasional chat with an ex Everton player annoy you?  I wasn’t even bringing him up and since the last time I even spoke to him you’ve mentioned his name a few times.  

Geez lads, we’re here to chat football. Want me to see if there’s space left on the Fury/Whyte undercard so you two can sort your beef out in the ring? 

28 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It actually did make me laugh. The missus asked me what’s so funny as I was giggling to myself. Shouldn’t believe everything you read. 

There is no need for me to be annoyed at you having an occasional chat with an ex player. In the last 12 months I’ve had conversations with Doucoure, Baines, Ferguson, Goodlass (only in social circles, not work), Sharp and Snodin, over the last two years I can add Osman, Unsworth, Jimmy Martin (asked my shirt size and on his return brought me a home shirt, a few training tops and a couple of jackets, but weirdly leftovers from the season before but I won’t complain), Delph and Godfrey to the list too. As well as Luke Garbutt, Callum McManaman (knew him since we were kids anyway), Phil Foden, Paul Pogba (and his brother who I think plays for Wrexham but I’m not sure) and Verat Kohli (who was very charming and didn’t mind that I had no clue who he was). Almost forgot Funes Mori (likes to be called Jose), really nice lad and much bigger in person, and throws money around for fun! But the people I come across and have conversations with don’t really matter, I’ve been fortunate enough in the last seven years to work for a company with very close ties to Everton, Liverpool, Bolton, Wigan, United, City and Lancashire. I talk about these things in real life but never bothered on here, it has never been something I’ve wanted to do.
The first time I met Baines not long after starting the job I met him three times in a week and twice were not in work, he even made a joke about stalking me. I could have died with embarrassment, still love the guy though. Told me I can’t be Ste forever, it’s a young man’s name, people in work started calling me Steve to wind me after that and it’s stuck.
I left this company for pastures new a few months back though, there’s only Callum and Ronnie Goodlass I’ve seen since. New company only has ties to some lower league German team, but I’ll be looking forward to visiting them in the near future. They are taking me to Luton next week though, don’t want to meet any of that lot!

Oh, and Bradley Dack, he lives round the corner from me and we have the same barber. See him there quite often, last time him and our barber Joss were taking the piss saying we’ll see each other at Ewood Park next season.

David Eyres, previously played for Burnley and is now one of Jonjo Kennys agents, has lived about four doors down from my parent since 1992. He’s mates with my Dad and I tend to see him around probably once a month or so. Very good golfer, doesn’t speak highly of Everton, is an Evertonian himself too. Don’t think he’ll make it big as an agent though.

Just always found the John Ebbrell thing amusing, as I’m sure he’s a decent coach and a nice fella but I just remember him being a shit player, but I was pretty young when he played for us. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

It actually did make me laugh. The missus asked me what’s so funny as I was giggling to myself. Shouldn’t believe everything you read. 

There is no need for me to be annoyed at you having an occasional chat with an ex player. In the last 12 months I’ve had conversations with Doucoure, Baines, Ferguson, Goodlass (only in social circles, not work), Sharp and Snodin, over the last two years I can add Osman, Unsworth, Jimmy Martin (asked my shirt size and on his return brought me a home shirt, a few training tops and a couple of jackets, but weirdly leftovers from the season before but I won’t complain), Delph and Godfrey to the list too. As well as Luke Garbutt, Callum McManaman (knew him since we were kids anyway), Phil Foden, Paul Pogba (and his brother who I think plays for Wrexham but I’m not sure) and Verat Kohli (who was very charming and didn’t mind that I had no clue who he was). Almost forgot Funes Mori (likes to be called Jose), really nice lad and much bigger in person, and throws money around for fun! But the people I come across and have conversations with don’t really matter, I’ve been fortunate enough in the last seven years to work for a company with very close ties to Everton, Liverpool, Bolton, Wigan, United, City and Lancashire. I talk about these things in real life but never bothered on here, it has never been something I’ve wanted to do.
The first time I met Baines not long after starting the job I met him three times in a week and twice were not in work, he even made a joke about stalking me. I could have died with embarrassment, still love the guy though. Told me I can’t be Ste forever, it’s a young man’s name, people in work started calling me Steve to wind me after that and it’s stuck.
I left this company for pastures new a few months back though, there’s only Callum and Ronnie Goodlass I’ve seen since. New company only has ties to some lower league German team, but I’ll be looking forward to visiting them in the near future. They are taking me to Luton next week though, don’t want to meet any of that lot!

Oh, and Bradley Dack, he lives round the corner from me and we have the same barber. See him there quite often, last time him and our barber Joss were taking the piss saying we’ll see each other at Ewood Park next season.

David Eyres, previously played for Burnley and is now one of Jonjo Kennys agents, has lived about four doors down from my parent since 1992. He’s mates with my Dad and I tend to see him around probably once a month or so. Very good golfer, doesn’t speak highly of Everton, is an Evertonian himself too. Don’t think he’ll make it big as an agent though.

Just always found the John Ebbrell thing amusing, as I’m sure he’s a decent coach and a nice fella but I just remember him being a shit player, but I was pretty young when he played for us. 

That’s quite an impressive list of names for an Everton supporter, if you didn’t support Everton you probably wouldn’t have heard of half of them. By the way Steve what is or was your job, I’m guessing boot or dressing room cleaner😂

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s quite an impressive list of names for an Everton supporter, if you didn’t support Everton you probably wouldn’t have heard of half of them. By the way Steve what is or was your job, I’m guessing boot or dressing room cleaner😂

There were a few Liverpool players, but to be fair the lads who supported Liverpool always wanted to help them and it worked out quite well. Same with the United and City players. Though I did have a funny run in with Jordan Ibe, I didn’t know who he was and called him Mr Jordan. He wasn’t happy. Was a bit of a prick to be fair. 

14 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Trust me, I have pondered this for quite some time.  I totally get the freedom to express yourself etc etc etc. 

for me the club is in dire need of strong direction, discipline, professionalism…. It’s about reading the room as much as anything. 

whether we like it or not perception is reality… if we were sitting pretty no one would give a stuff what people are wearing. The fact is we are in the shit, there is plenty of noise that we have a bunch of half arsed wage thieves who aren’t feeling like the fans…. Fear and a general sense of desperation.  

I’m sorry but Davies along with dcl love having statement pictures of themselves being daring with their fashion.  This isn’t the time to be turning up on the touch line looking ridiculous in attention seeking/grabbing attire. 

So if you're having a really bad time at work, you don't go to the golf club to unwind?

16 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

There not totally out of it by any means but I just don’t see us making up the 4 points difference so I fear that I will be going to as many Premiership games as your average Kopite next season

I also think many teams would like to see us drop so will give the extra effort. They would rather play Burnley in the Prem than a revitalised Everton under Frank.