IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

Neither are DCL or Davies. Golf is the laziest of "sports" with ridiculous fashion but that's OK because you like that. You don't like that the 2 lads, who have missed most of the season injured, have an interest outside of their job. 

But i know when you've got the bit between your teeth, so I'm going to stop. 

Lazy?  Not sure I agree there.  The average tour pro does more weights, more practice and spend far longer doing their trade than a footballer. 

but anyway…. Will Tom Davies and Calvert lewin be able to afford £5000 hand bags etc on championship wages? I don’t think so, but they don’t have relegation clauses in their contracts so they will be ok.  Burnley do though. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

How are they taking it further than an interest though?

I thought I made that very clear in my first post you responded to do I need to repeat myself, DCL isn’t doing what he’s doing as interest like playing golf, tennis, collecting stamps, or buying antiques ect, he is forging a career in my opinion when he should be solely concentrating on the one he has here, and if he did that who knows he maybe better than he currently is. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Lazy?  Not sure I agree there.  The average tour pro does more weights, more practice and spend far longer doing their trade than a footballer. 

but anyway…. Will Tom Davies and Calvert lewin be able to afford £5000 hand bags etc on championship wages? I don’t think so, but they don’t have relegation clauses in their contracts so they will be ok.  Burnley do though. 

Walk around and swing a stick? Hardly comparible to be honest. It's a game more than a sport, bit like darts. Probably why they can play into their 50s at a reasonable level, no constant strain on the body and wear what they like because no one take it all seriously anyway.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Walk around and swing a stick? Hardly comparible to be honest. It's a game more than a sport, bit like darts. Probably why they can play into their 50s at a reasonable level, no constant strain on the body and wear what they like because no one take it all seriously anyway.

Again i don’t think you know what you are talking about 

Tiger woods had had numerous back surgeries from the coil and torque created in the golf swing.  The vast majority of golfers end up with chronic back pain. 

not sure what this has to do with dcl and Davies looking like twats whilst we get relegated but as you were 

https://golfsupport.com/blog/sports-related-injuries-golf-more-dangerous-than-rugby/

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Again i don’t think you know what you are talking about 

Tiger woods had had numerous back surgeries from the coil and torque created in the golf swing.  The vast majority of golfers end up with chronic back pain. 

not sure what this has to do with dcl and Davies looking like twats whilst we get relegated but as you were 

https://golfsupport.com/blog/sports-related-injuries-golf-more-dangerous-than-rugby/

My grandfather in law has had knee and heart surgery, still plays 18 holes 3 times a week at 78. Not due to golf, that's just because he's old. Not sure he'd manage 90 mins in the old folks league twice a week though. 

But in all seriousness, the point is you're judging people based on a hobby because for you their hobby somehow implies an indifference to their form, the clubs situation (which is hardly down to them since they've been injured most of the time) and subsequently us as supporters. Because of clothes. I make the same remark about the ridiculous attire golfers wear and that it's a game, but I couldn't care less what they wear whether they were Woods of Grandpa Bill. Because its absolutely irrelevant. 

It's almost as stupid claiming golf is more dangerous than rugby. 

3 hours ago, RPG said:

To take your last para first: I am trying not to be judgemental and I fully respect the right of DCL to wear whatever he likes. However, with rights, come responsibilities and I just feel that DCL is not properly discharging (or judging) his responsibilities to the club by behaving in such a manner - especially while injured, not playing, out of form etc.

I agree that his injury situation is partly to blame for his lack of productivity but I still feel that he has one eye on the catwalk when he should have both eyes on his soccer. Others have questionned his attitude from his body language on the rare occasions he has played. We can't all be wrong about him.

You are being judgemental. Not necessarily about the type of clothing he wears but that you think he isnt focussed on his football. With all due respect you don't have a clue, and for that matter neither do I.

You (and others) are making wild assumptions about him with absolutely no idea about what he is doing beyond the very few minutes of football he has played recently. It would be like me judging what you are like in real life based on a few posts on here.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

But it’s not another job. Their job is football. They have a hobby in fashion. It’s not a job. They might have a deal with a fashion brand, and do photo shoots. But they will do that with their boot sponsors too, Van Dijk does adverts for JD sports. Stirling is doing some adverts for Gillett. Alexander Arnold is on the front cover of a fashion magazine this month apparently (I’m way too old and out of shape to actually read a fashion magazine).
They might get interviewed by fashion magazines, but that’s no different than being interviewed by 442 magazine. 

Footballers will do interviews, they will do photo shoots. If it’s for 442, Sky Sports, Gucci or Nike, I don’t think it will make a difference. 

I agree with you post though. We don’t know what’s going on, the players who dress sensible and don’t do much media work are also playing shit. 

Exactly this! 

Current status: 38 points

Brentford (H): 3 points
Burnley (A): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Palace (H): 3 points
Watford (A): 3 points

Leicester (H): 1 point (actual: 1 point)
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point (actual: 0 points)

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points
Leicester (A): 0 points
Liverpool (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)

29 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

People offended by how DCL & Tom Davies dress says a lot more about them than it does about DCL & Tom Davies IMHO but as I said earlier surely there are far more pressing things to be concerned about?

We have just lost 2-0 in probably the most one sided derby I’ve ever been to and dropped into the bottom 3 with only 6 games to go and people are still banging on about this 

My eldest traded on being the class clown. Eventually caught up with him and he realised he had to knuckle down to achieve what he was capable of. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

People offended by how DCL & Tom Davies dress says a lot more about them than it does about DCL & Tom Davies IMHO but as I said earlier surely there are far more pressing things to be concerned about?

We have just lost 2-0 in probably the most one sided derby I’ve ever been to and dropped into the bottom 3 with only 6 games to go and people are still banging on about this 

Maybe it’s the same as Villa fans getting pissed off when lescott was posting pictures of his £100k car when in the bottom 3 and they lost 6-0….. I don’t think Villa fans are arsed about what he drives. 

32 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Maybe it’s the same as Villa fans getting pissed off when lescott was posting pictures of his £100k car when in the bottom 3 and they lost 6-0….. I don’t think Villa fans are arsed about what he drives. 

Haf maybe you missed my point , so here it is again. Fuck off moaning about what players wear on their day off and concentrate on the shit show that’s getting us relegated when they are doing their day jobs

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

There's no point getting unduly depressed about today's loss. Over the last 11 games, we're only two points below expectations. Our most likely final number of 38 has been enough to survive in most seasons.

I really think wins against all three of Brentford, Palace, and Watford are unlikely... Think we need to find a surprise result against Leicester/Chelsea/Arsenal and hope that Burnley's form drops again. Burnley's run in is pretty much a joke. Dark times.

4 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

I really think wins against all three of Brentford, Palace, and Watford are unlikely... Think we need to find a surprise result against Leicester/Chelsea/Arsenal and hope that Burnley's form drops again. Burnley's run in is pretty much a joke. Dark times.

We are going to have to rely on Leeds going on a bad run, starting away to Crystal Palace tonight. Unfortunatly, Palace seem to have lost a bit of form and dropping down the table thmselves. 

22 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

We are going to have to rely on Leeds going on a bad run, starting away to Crystal Palace tonight. Unfortunatly, Palace seem to have lost a bit of form and dropping down the table thmselves. 

We can only rely on ourselves at this stage of the season. Who has what run doesn’t matter, shock results can happen at any turn. Now it’s eyes on the prize, 18 points to play for and we need to get them by any means possible. We can’t get the points ourselves but us as a collective can get behind our boys and hopefully give them an extra push 

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Haf maybe you missed my point , so here it is again. Fuck off moaning about what players wear on their day off and concentrate on the shit show that’s getting us relegated when they are doing their day jobs

No Dunc.   I’ll fuck of moaning about players appearing in GQ magazines or standing in touch lines dressed as crusty the clown because guess what?  They were fuckin doing this shit when fit and available for selection and performing shit.  The fact they are doing it when unavailable is just as bad. 

This group of players are the biggest group of cowardly unprofessional dickheads I have ever seen.  If I was playing shite I certainly wouldn’t be trying to expand my brand.   So yeah… a bit like lescott showing images of his £100k car…. Which accidentally happened in his pocket apparently 

then again when you have a chairman who has failed persistently in everything he has done and devalued our clubs ethos, what do we expect of the players.

we’ve had some good times, the players certainly look like they are enjoying things

8 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

I don't see a result against Chelsea as that big a surprise to be honest, we probably only get a draw but I fancy something from that game, they aren't at their best, we've been ok at home and we've got a great recent history home to Chelsea (3 wins in a row and unbeaten in the last 4)

It's tough to see us winning all 3 of the mentioned games, both Brentford and Palace can be tough teams to beat though with nothing to play for the hope is that these 2 sides are switching off and not really feeling up for the Goodison fight whilst Watford will hopefully continue their awful form and give us a chance for the rarest of away wins.

I'm holding out for 11 pts from the next 5 games but perhaps i'm being over optimistic!