IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I very much agree with that. Also was Dyche in the mind set that know matter what the outcome he felt he was invincible and safe, and the owners have shown no one is bigger than the club. The Norwich loss sealed his fate as much as in the manner of their loss than the loss it’s self. Burnley showed very little fight for a team that were fighting for their lives, the owners have realised that they have no chance of staying up playing like that, and refusing to throw the towel in they are trying to create in charge in the attitude and dynamics with in the team. Whether they can find anyone better than Dyche who’s made a reputation out of fighting at the bottom of the league, I very much doubt it but I don’t blame them for trying. 

The owners by all accounts have done a leveraged buy out. Burnley had £40m in their accounts… their fans are absolutely up in arms.

I am hoping their fans protest etc. 10 first team players out of contract in the summer. Really need West Ham to absolutely smash them tomorrow… hopefully Moyes who we know is very much in the managers union will be annoyed that dyche who operated in a similar manner to him - was fired.   I hope he also wants to repay Everton and order his players to get out and earn their semi final places. 

Everything I read says that football observers in UK are totally shocked and appalled by Dyche’s firing.  So now the conversation has turned to, “What the heck is going on with Burnley’s owners, and what do the players think?”

American TV pre-match conversation reports possible mixed reaction to Dyche’s firing among Burnley players.  Some are said to be very upset; others are said to be “not surprised” and some even “on board with this move.”

And just now they report (that someone says) the players “are in broad support” of this change, which occasions more shock among the analysts, who uniformly think this is bizarre.

Just hope Burnley lose today 4-0, look incompetent, everything goes pear-shaped over their next matches.  This is a big match for our chances of staying up.

Burnley leading 1-0.   Bad injury to Westwood from Burnley which looks like a Gomes type one. Not good whoever it is and who they play for.

obviously you want rivals to be weakened in our situation but that’s not what you want. Hope he comes back ok. 

8 hours ago, RPG said:

Must win game tonight - pressure which may well suit us. Get Goodison rocking and don't give Leicester an inch or a second.

I agree -

If we lose tonight, I can see us being in the bottom 3 going in to the Liverpool game at the weekend. As I see Burnley taking all 3 points home to Southampton tomorrow night.

That is not a situation we really want to be in going in to at Derby game. 

Unfortunately it was losing that 6 pointer to Burnley a few weeks ago that means this really is going to go down to the wire. 

Current status: 38 points

Brentford (H): 3 points
Burnley (A): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Palace (H): 3 points
Watford (A): 3 points

Leicester (H): 1 point (actual: 1 point)
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point (actual: 0 points)

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points
Leicester (A): 0 points
Liverpool (A): 0 points
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)

21 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Current status: 38 points

Brentford (H): 3 points
Burnley (A): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Palace (H): 3 points
Watford (A): 3 points

Leicester (H): 1 point (actual: 1 point)
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point (actual: 0 points)

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points
Leicester (A): 0 points
Liverpool (A): 0 points
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)

Still agree with this, but it's going to be brutal watching the next 3 games with 0 predicted points followed by needing 9 points in 8 days from the next 3. Anyone who thinks we're safe is delusional in my mind. This is very far from over. 

3 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Still agree with this, but it's going to be brutal watching the next 3 games with 0 predicted points followed by needing 9 points in 8 days from the next 3. Anyone who thinks we're safe is delusional in my mind. This is very far from over. 

Add to that Burnley are currently 2-0 up 

8 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

It’s horrible - just fast forward and whatever will be, will be. Leeds aren’t safe btw - horrible run in.

Covid has been shit over the past 2 years and I recognise the impact on a lot of people, my family notwithstanding. I think football over the lock down gave a focus for the fans but now the EFC predicament is definitely impacting on me. Silly I know, ti is only a football club but it's my club for many years.

2 minutes ago, RPG said:

I can see Burnley getting a point at home to Wolves. That would put them above us on goal difference but having played two games more. Our next two games are v Liverpool and Chelsea. I still believe we can survive but we are going to need to be ready for a spell in the bottom three before, hopefully, climbing out of it again.

My hopes are we can get at least a point from the Chelsea game, but I can see us turning them over, I think the intensity from the manager and the desire to beat his old team with the support of the fans will spur the players on to a win. 

12 minutes ago, RPG said:

I think you may be right. Unfortunately, I also think there is just as much chance of us 'slipping up' v Palace, Watford and/or Brentford as there is of us beating Chelsea.

You know what there the games where it could all so easily go wrong, we are banking on a minimum of 7 points from them 3 games to have any real chance of survival this season, and your right we have this knack of blowing up in the games against the lesser team’s as the Burnley game showed.  

8 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Covid has been shit over the past 2 years and I recognise the impact on a lot of people, my family notwithstanding. I think football over the lock down gave a focus for the fans but now the EFC predicament is definitely impacting on me. Silly I know, ti is only a football club but it's my club for many years.

People were surprised at the strength of our support on the occasions where we avoided relegation last day of the season…. I don’t think the board or the players are aware of how nasty things will get if we go down.

there are certain players who even if they look to see out their contracts in the championship will be made to feel desperate to move. 

the apathetic fans who applauded blue bill when he gave his sad face on the tv screen will be no longer sympathetic to a man who said “you’ve had some good times”.   He brought in a man who has risked us getting docked points and put at risk of bankruptcy having spent the previous 10 years having us milked by his loan shark mate Phillip Green.  He set up a sycophantic board who covered his backside with people like Ian Ross and elstone completely inept at everything bar coming out with shite to cover his AGM avoiding arse. 

we are where we are because we are a toxic club who have recruited badly, very badly. Wasting good money on people who do bad jobs, not just on the pitch but in the boardroom. 

chickens have well and truly come home to roost. 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm sure there are.

I believe we can stay up, not necessarily that we will.

The only thing I know with any certainty is that all of this is not good for my health, both physical and mental. That's no exaggeration.

I made my peace with it back in early December.

Ffs just seen pictures of Tom Davies stood on touch line.. I’m not even gonna post the picture but he looks a complete and utter twat.

I honestly think him and dom are trying to boil fans piss.  It smacks of “we get paid that much money we can blow it on this” ….. yeah we know how much you are paid and you are part of a team who is taking us down where you will still get paid millions and put the club at risk of bankruptcy. 

andros Townsend stood next to him low key in a tracksuit. 

most of the players do not get it.  They simply don’t. I watched Burnley fight their arses off last night, faking head injuries to stop opposition attacks… professional fouls. Niggly, nasty and got the job done.  They are playing for their premier league contracts… we have players who are getting prem league contracts no matter what and can’t help trying to attract attention even when not playing.

most detestable group of players I’ve ever seen play for us. 

reminds me of lescott posting pictures of his new Mercedes within hours of Villa losing 6-0 to Liverpool more or less sending them down.  

I  see Everton losing the next two game and Burnley winning there next two (Wolves at home and Watford away). Even if we some how win one, I still think there is a good chance we are in the bottom three. 

If we are to stay up I really think Leeds now need to go on a terrible run, as their run in is pretty tough.

It's not getting beat by Liverpool or Chelsea that is taking us down, it was the recent Burnley loss and many that have gone before it.  

I am currently resigned to the fact we are most likely playing second tier football next year. My only solace being it will lead to and even bigger clear out of the dross of playing staff.