IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

The only consolation in going down is that the arrogant idiots running the club and taking “turn eaches” to pick managers and override experts brought in to do a job will get jettisoned.

then again I actually think the shock this battle has provided will knock the apathetic supporters into shape and protests will actually take place rather than being called kopite behaviour. 

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The only consolation in going down is that the arrogant idiots running the club and taking “turn eaches” to pick managers and override experts brought in to do a job will get jettisoned.

then again I actually think the shock this battle has provided will knock the apathetic supporters into shape and protests will actually take place rather than being called kopite behaviour. 

They wouldn’t care if we protested 24/7 365. The only way this useless shower of pricks is fucking off is if we go down. The premier league is a cash cow for them, when that drys up they’ll leave us in the shite. Worst case scenario I can see is no financial backing from them, spiralling costs then possible administration. This is so fucking grim

53 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

They wouldn’t care if we protested 24/7 365. The only way this useless shower of pricks is fucking off is if we go down. The premier league is a cash cow for them, when that drys up they’ll leave us in the shite. Worst case scenario I can see is no financial backing from them, spiralling costs then possible administration. This is so fucking grim

Haven’t we got some of the highest paid board members?!  Pretty much like the players….. handsomely rewarded for being shite. 

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

If we go down we lose a few good players, and we will have to rely on the dead wood that we can't shift.

Things are beginning to look very bad, I'm hoping Leeds go into a bad run because it might be easier to catch them, Burnley are on the up now.

The dead wood will get shifted Bill.  It may be that they go for next to nothing vs what they should go for but they will go.

gomes, delph, dcl, Kenny, Coleman, Alli, Allan, Holgate, Keane, 

Richarlison will be the only player to go who I would miss. 

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Richarlison, DCL, Pickford, Gordon, Doucoure, add Mykalenko to that list so if we loose them we are in serious trouble and we will have to rely on the dead wood.

Why would we lose Gordon and mykolenko? Both on lower wages. No way would they instigate a move, doucoure could go, Pickford too. If they do we will get good money

5 hours ago, RPG said:

Inclined to agree. If, and only if, the worst happens then with only a couple of signings (and letting those that want to go, go), I think we would be looking good to come straight back up. Get rid of the dead wood, sign Sam Johnstone and Max Aarons plus an experienced midfielder.

Johnstone

Aarons  Godfrey  Branthwaite  Mykolenko/Nkounkou

Price  Onyango  Iwobi

Gordon  Simms  Dobbin

Jeez, relegated two seasons running.

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Why would we lose Gordon and mykolenko? Both on lower wages. No way would they instigate a move, doucoure could go, Pickford too. If they do we will get good money

Because there will be a few teams in the prem who will want them so why would they want to play in the Championship.

13 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I can't believe all the defeatism in this discussion. If we make 40 points, or even 38, we'll survive. Why all this talk about Championship lineups? Is this traditional British moaning or are some people having a bad week?

Not defeatism- realism.

we could survive and yes we hope we do, but Steve we are needing to get points and at the moment it’s not happening so on current form we are going down. 

16 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I can't believe all the defeatism in this discussion. If we make 40 points, or even 38, we'll survive. Why all this talk about Championship lineups? Is this traditional British moaning or are some people having a bad week?

A bad week Steve, try a bad season or 4. We’re going at less than a point a game and you suddenly think that we’re gonna get 9-11 from the last 18!! People are tired of this shite, frustrating isn’t the word while are board and players are getting paid for recycling substandard decisions and performances. Sorry for being a little bit negative but this shit just got very fucking real

13 hours ago, RPG said:

When he performs like he does on the rare occasions that he does play, I don't think it is being judgemental and I don't really care if it is. You make being 'judgemental' sound like an accusation. We all use our judgement every day and my judgement tells me that DCL would do better on a football field if he had less contractual distractions and commitments off it.

isn't it also judgemental to tell someone that, in your opinion, they are being judgemental? Not that I mind.

His modelling is much more than an interest as he gets paid for it (so, it's a second career/job) and it demands time and effort from him that he may or may not have chosen to give if it was just an interest.

Meanwhile, there is the small matter of us now being in the relegation zone to 'interest' me.

Your "Judgement" is based on absolutely nothing though. You don't know what he gets up to. You have no idea how much time he spends on "modelling" or what time he spends on football. You are making wild assumptions.

Sometimes I think this place should be labelled "Toffee Talk - For the Evertonian crystal ball gazers and conspiracy theorists".

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Your "Judgement" is based on absolutely nothing though. You don't know what he gets up to. You have no idea how much time he spends on "modelling" or what time he spends on football. You are making wild assumptions.

Sometimes I think this place should be labelled "Toffee Talk - For the Evertonian crystal ball gazers and conspiracy theorists".

You know what….  I used to be seen with a newspaper at my desk.  When I was turning out great work it wasn’t a problem- when my work was wrong it was because I was distracted by the newspaper.

I soon learned that it was far easier to put the newspaper away. 

Just now, Haiku said:

Looking at Burnley's remaining matches and then ours, honestly I don't see how we finish above them. I would rather hope we surpass Leeds, as they have tough schedule as we do.

I agree, probably our most likely escape route.

I really hope so, Leeds supporter mate is giving me all kinds of stick.

On the plus side, it's still in our hands.

56 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You know what….  I used to be seen with a newspaper at my desk.  When I was turning out great work it wasn’t a problem- when my work was wrong it was because I was distracted by the newspaper.

I soon learned that it was far easier to put the newspaper away. 

I’m not sure I get your point

Are you really trying to compare yourself reading a paper when you should be working to what football players do in their own time ?

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m not sure I get your point

Are you really trying to compare yourself reading a paper when you should be working to what football players do in their own time ?

I wasn’t reading the newspaper when working as I can’t read a paper whilst operating a computer …. The newspaper was on my desk.

all about appearance and projecting professionalism isn’t it. 

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I wasn’t reading the newspaper when working as I can’t read a paper whilst operating a computer …. The newspaper was on my desk.

all about appearance and projecting professionalism isn’t it. 

You would have a point if DCL was wearing his handbag on the pitch but otherwise it’s totally irrelevant 

I’m that sick of the current state of the Premier League/Super 6 bollocks that relegation and a Championship adventure is almost appealing. What can we realistically hope for if we stay up? It’s such a closed shop in all domestic competitions and I’m sick of the bias towards the ‘top 6 teams’ - maybe the Super League wasn’t such a bad idea. VAR seems to serve the 6, FFP certainly does and the new 5 sub rule probably will too. Part of me hopes that Lampard and his team stay on if we go down and we clear the squad of any high earners e.g Pickford, Mina, Keane, Doucoure, Allan, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin and just start over again with a big focus on top quality youth and an acceptance that we are a stepping stone in much the same way Dortmund/RB Leipzig and many others conduct themselves.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

I’m that sick of the current state of the Premier League/Super 6 bollocks that relegation and a Championship adventure is almost appealing. What can we realistically hope for if we stay up? It’s such a closed shop in all domestic competitions and I’m sick of the bias towards the ‘top 6 teams’ - maybe the Super League wasn’t such a bad idea. VAR seems to serve the 6, FFP certainly does and the new 5 sub rule probably will too. Part of me hopes that Lampard and his team stay on if we go down and we clear the squad of any high earners e.g Pickford, Mina, Keane, Doucoure, Allan, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin and just start over again with a big focus on top quality youth and an acceptance that we are a stepping stone in much the same way Dortmund/RB Leipzig and many others conduct themselves.

I’m of a similar thinking. The game is gone.

Var has confirmed what many suspected, corruption is rife. 

4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I’m of a similar thinking. The game is gone.

Var has confirmed what many suspected, corruption is rife. 

I think a lot of people feel the same , me included. The Premier League is finished, they don’t even try to hide the corruption anymore 

With FFP, the new subs rule, and the new Champions League qualification rules it’s pretty much a closed shop now

The Sly6 will just get richer and richer and the gap will get bigger and bigger

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

and just start over again with a big focus on top quality youth and an acceptance that we are a stepping stone in much the same way Dortmund/RB Leipzig and many others conduct themselves.

Both in the top division though....  so we would be whatever before the stepping stones would be if we go down...

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

2 good examples of a successful business and coaching model. Both of them compete at the top end of their league and qualify for European football every year. It’d be a good foundation to build a future from preferably from the Premier League 

Leicester away is going to be huge - 2 days after their away tie against Roma for the final leg of their European semi.

Hopefully the first tie is anything but a comprehensive Leicester win and their first team gets run ragged. 

Could be an opportunity for a win, one that we desperately need. 

Leeds next fixtures could easily return no points for them as well.

Its a huge stretch and whilst massively unlikely a draw against Chelsea, win or draw against Leicester and a win against Brentford.

On 25/04/2022 at 14:56, RPG said:

No, it's based on the fact that when DCL does play he doesn't appear interested, yet he still manages to pursue a catwalk career even when not able to represent Everton on the football pitch. To me (yes, that would be in my judgement), that is prima facie evidence of how he sees his priorities.

I disagree as I think he does look interested.

I assume your reference to the catwalk career is in respect of the magazine article, or at least mainly. Do you know when the article / images were shot, how many hours he spent doing it and when he spent those hours? That would be actual evidence and not just pure conjecture.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I disagree as I think he does look interested.

I assume your reference to the catwalk career is in respect of the magazine article, or at least mainly. Do you know when the article / images were shot, how many hours he spent doing it and when he spent those hours? That would be actual evidence and not just pure conjecture.

Was he interested when he let tarkowski roll him on the half way line, was he interested when strolling through games and not competing…. 

I’ve seen Calvert lewin interested, he hasn’t been interested.