IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

11 hours ago, Btay said:

Leicester away is going to be huge - 2 days after their away tie against Roma for the final leg of their European semi.

Hopefully the first tie is anything but a comprehensive Leicester win and their first team gets run ragged. 

Could be an opportunity for a win, one that we desperately need. 

Leeds next fixtures could easily return no points for them as well.

Its a huge stretch and whilst massively unlikely a draw against Chelsea, win or draw against Leicester and a win against Brentford.

I actually can see us getting a win against Chelsea. Their defense has been hugely suspect as of late, and if the Goodison faithful is as loud as it was against Leeds (and not as absent as they were against Wolves) a win is definitely possible

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Could do with Chelsea winning this.  If they do then should a few of their players with to do club legend lampard a favour then the 3 points should see them pretty much guarantee top4. 

Maybe a few sendings off as well. Hoping they don’t take us to serious.

They are looking the type of team that will tear us apart at the moment.

Just now, Shukes said:

Maybe a few sendings off as well. Hoping they don’t take us to serious.

They are looking the type of team that will tear us apart at the moment.

Yeah. Looking sharp. Such a bad place to be from a footy perspective… we are thinking of far too many permutations 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

What a load of bollocks!

Why would he need significant time out, or any time out at all for that matter, from his Everton commitments?

Why is it selfish to do things that make you happy?

Where are these quotes from DCL saying he prefers to go to Arsenal?

You do get that professional footballers are allowed a private life don’t you?

DCL , like most footballers, has dedicated his life to his profession, you don’t see him out on the piss with his mates like most blokes his age. He clearly puts the hard yards in the gym and has the right diet and generally looks after his body. 

You have no idea what his attitude is like in training so have absolutely no grounds to be performing a character assassination of him.You are just having a hissy fit because you don’t approve of his dress sense!

How the fuck can him doing a photo shoot IN HIS OWN TIME possibly detract from his club commitments in any way shape or form?

He said he likes to be divide opinion with his clothes - so yes.....he likes to garner attention.  

So forget that its clothes for one minute - he wants people to debate his choices/opinion.  He is massively obsessed with his image - hugely and it takes time to be that way.  Look at people on instagram - the influencers, it becomes an obsession.

Calvert Lewin is acting like a superstar and he's quite frankly far from that status.  He can't argue the toss to take a penalty without Jordan Henderson nicking the ball from him but he feels like he can go and give it large on GQ and talk about being bold and brave.

Its absolutely ridiculous. 

Footballers who have "gambled" in their spare time..... how does that work out for them (Chopra, Merson, Bowls etc etc)?  Turn up for training and hit the bookies and their career plummets.  The less obviously public distraction "computer gaming" - David James, Dele Alli and apparently others who weren't daft enough to publicise it needed help as it was destroying their game.

Lets take it to its most obvious negative - the opposition.  If I'm Tarkowski and I'm marking DCL - in my head I'm thinking "think you're David Beckham already you balloon..... your team is crap, you're overrated and im putting you in my pocket today".   Did you not hear the abuse he was getting from Burnley fans?  it was audible - he was getting it from their players too.  

Alan Ball wore white boots...... Tiger woods where red on Sundays....  you wanna mimic the stars make sure you can play like them.

A lad turned up at our golf club wearing full Rickie Fowler  Orange.... orange pants, orange shirt, orange cap.  Stood on the first tee and a load of people stood and watched him - shanked it right into the bushes, people knew what they were doing - they wanted him to bottle it and so he did. Looked a right lemon.

41 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

A lad turned up at our golf club wearing full Rickie Fowler  Orange.... orange pants, orange shirt, orange cap.  Stood on the first tee and a load of people stood and watched him - shanked it right into the bushes, people knew what they were doing - they wanted him to bottle it and so he did. Looked a right lemon.

Shouldn't that be a right orange?

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Haf Mike’s just tangoed you mate. I’ve had a pair of his orange Puma shoes in fairness a mistake our courses get to muddy for bright shoes in reality. But never had a Mulberry handbag. 

Ive got a pair of callaway shorts which tbf look like the were at the bopttom olf a barghain basket......  and they were.  £5

25 minutes ago, RPG said:

I think it is not I who is spouting bolleaux. We can all see what DCL's attitude is like every time he takes to the pitch for Everton (which is not often) and he bottles a tackle or stops pressing or chasing down a defender.

He is obviously so conscious of promoting his own individual 'brand' that it now comes before his responsibilities to his day job.

He is 'available' for the Chelsea game so let's see (if selected) what his attitude looks like on Sunday shall we. I really hope he scores the winner and runs himself into the ground for the cause - but I just can't see it happening. If he does start, I would love him to be on the receiving end of a crunching tackle in the first minute. I don't want to see him injured (again) but it would be nice just to see him angry!

He has been very successful with one thing he aspires to do though. He has certainly divided opinion. Such a shame that he has succeeded so well in doing this amongst those of us that support the same club.

Firstly I don’t even speak French so you are obviously not referring to me and secondly the rest is just your opinion, which you are obviously entitled to but stop trying to pass it off as fact

You just don’t seem to be able to grasp that football is his job and that just like everyone else he is entitled to do what he likes in his own time

I’m gonna start dressing differently in my free time. See if it makes me better at work!

Feel a fool that I got to this age without realising what a massive difference the way you dress makes.

I think if i hadn’t been wearing Everton clobber my whole life…. I would most likely be a millionaire by now.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’m gonna start dressing differently in my free time. See if it makes me better at work!

Feel a fool that I got to this age without realising what a massive difference the way you dress makes.

I think if i hadn’t been wearing Everton clobber my whole life…. I would most likely be a millionaire by now.

Not exactly the same is it…… but I guess you knew that. 

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The laugh emoji was a response to the translation btw, genuinely thought it was funny so not trying to be condescending 

In short what you are essentially saying is that you don’t believe he is entitled to a private life because he is being paid an obscene amount of money which is fair enough if that’s your opinion 

Personally I’m very well paid in my job and the Mrs goes nuts that I go the extra mile and do unpaid work in my time off but I have my vices, following Everton being one of them, it’s my release from the pressures of work ( ok it stresses me out far more than work so not a very good vice).I’ve just had a promotion with a huge increase in wages so should I hand in my season tickets and devote my self 24/7 to my company ?

Got a family holiday booked for Cancun in October, maybe I should tell the Mrs I can’t go because holiday photos of me on the beach may upset people and make them think I’m not committed to my job

Hardly a private life is it Dunc? He’s on the front of magazines dressed as schoolgirls and stuff. 

His day job is a fuckin disaster but hey he has a Braun sponsorship and gets a few quid for wearing weird clobber with handbags over his shoulders. 

question…. Do you think he will get GQ articles etc when he is in the championship and no longer playing for England? 

26 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Hardly a private life is it Dunc? He’s on the front of magazines dressed as schoolgirls and stuff. 

His day job is a fuckin disaster but hey he has a Braun sponsorship and gets a few quid for wearing weird clobber with handbags over his shoulders. 

question…. Do you think he will get GQ articles etc when he is in the championship and no longer playing for England? 

It’s what he does in his private life, it’s his choice what he does in his spare time

If you are too small minded to accept that he can wear what he wants, and he has never to my knowledge dressed as a schoolgirl, then that is your problem not his or ours

To answer your question yes I think he has the looks and style to be in GQ whatever he does for a day job

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He said he likes to be divide opinion with his clothes - so yes.....he likes to garner attention.  

So forget that its clothes for one minute - he wants people to debate his choices/opinion.  He is massively obsessed with his image - hugely and it takes time to be that way.  Look at people on instagram - the influencers, it becomes an obsession.

Calvert Lewin is acting like a superstar and he's quite frankly far from that status.  He can't argue the toss to take a penalty without Jordan Henderson nicking the ball from him but he feels like he can go and give it large on GQ and talk about being bold and brave.

Its absolutely ridiculous. 

Footballers who have "gambled" in their spare time..... how does that work out for them (Chopra, Merson, Bowls etc etc)?  Turn up for training and hit the bookies and their career plummets.  The less obviously public distraction "computer gaming" - David James, Dele Alli and apparently others who weren't daft enough to publicise it needed help as it was destroying their game.

Lets take it to its most obvious negative - the opposition.  If I'm Tarkowski and I'm marking DCL - in my head I'm thinking "think you're David Beckham already you balloon..... your team is crap, you're overrated and im putting you in my pocket today".   Did you not hear the abuse he was getting from Burnley fans?  it was audible - he was getting it from their players too.  

Alan Ball wore white boots...... Tiger woods where red on Sundays....  you wanna mimic the stars make sure you can play like them.

Problem he is not delivering on the pitch so has he be advised (and let's face it he will have some PR working for him) to get himself out there in the media?

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It’s what he does in his private life, it’s his choice what he does in his spare time

If you are too small minded to accept that he can wear what he wants, and he has never to my knowledge dressed as a schoolgirl, then that is your problem not his or ours

To answer your question yes I think he has the looks and style to be in GQ whatever he does for a day job

Not small minded at all. I’m fully into diversity…. If he came out and said he was transgender, identified as a female, was gay whatever…. I wouldn’t be arsed as that is him as a person and I would fully support him .

But he’s not, he is promoting himself for financial/attention/brand  reasons when the job he is paid to do isn’t being done very well at all. Simple as that. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Not small minded at all. I’m fully into diversity…. If he came out and said he was transgender, identified as a female, was gay whatever…. I wouldn’t be arsed as that is him as a person and I would fully support him .

But he’s not, he is promoting himself for financial/attention/brand  reasons when the job he is paid to do isn’t being done very well at all. Simple as that. 

I’m not sure whether you are trying to convince me or yourself about that but you have just accused him of dressing as a school girl and came to the conclusion that he is unprofessional because of that , hardly screams that your into diversity does it ? 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, RPG said:

On the contrary, A little holiday can recharge the batteries and I'm sure is a good idea. What wouldn't be a good idea would be taking a separate paid contract which placed obligations on you that could interfere with your ability to function at 100% in your day job - especially if you are doing a crap job of the day job to begin with.

Appearing on the front cover of GQ is no more DCL's  'private life' than him stepping out on the pitch at Goodison Park. He gets very well paid to perform for his paying audience in both and has obligations to both. Are you suggesting that we can't criticise him on the pitch because that is his private life too? If not, please explain the difference.

Holiday is holiday. With DCL we are talking about what you call his spare time. When you are in the public spotlight (as DCL is) there is no spare time from scrutiny. Its the price he pays for the obscene amount of money he earns and he really has invited criticism with his behaviour and attitude (I like dividing opinion etc) while one of his employers (can't call Everton his sole employer any more) is in dire straits and needs all hands to the pumps.

Perhaps DCL should think about giving up his part time committments and concentrate on his modelling career.

But, as you say, that's just my opinion.

Why are you so hung up on him doing photo shoots? 
You keep banging on about how it effects his Everton commitments but you’ve never said how ?

I wouldn’t mind most of these shoots were done last year when he was banging the goals in and breaking into the England squad so they clearly didn’t effect his performances or commitments then , so what makes you think it does now?

And no I haven’t once said he is above criticism for what he does on the pitch, that is fair game because he has been off the pace. My entire point is that you are unfairly jumping to conclusions about his attitude and desire based on something he does in his private life and is completely unrelated to what he does on the pitch. The fact you need me to explain it shows you can’t grasp that fact

If he as doing something in his private life that impacted his football , like going out on the piss until all hours, or running marathons during the season , stuff that impacted his fitness ,then you would have a point

But someone pointing a camera at him has zero impact on his ability to perform for Everton, neither do the clothes he wears

There were plenty of clips of him on social media doing extra gym / fitness work in his own time while he was out injured yet you want to hang him out to dry because you don’t approve of what he wears

Anthony Gordon did a photo shoot for the Hummel retro collection. 
Half of the team will have done photo shoots for next years three kits and probably a load of other merchandise already. 
Half of the team will have done photo shoots for the likes of Cazoo and Davanti wearing next years kits and merchandise. 
This will have happened at every club in the world. They should all probably knock it on the head, photo shoots seem to be so damaging to a player! 😂